Ares Games

Thread: Johnny Lightning 1/144: Kittyhawks

Default Johnny Lightning 1/144: Kittyhawks

This is the last "Johnny Lightning" 1/144 model that I know about, the Kittyhawk in khaki Drab camo for Pacific campaigns. Like the others in this series (Corsair, Mustang and Thunderbolt), there are 2 distinct painting variations as shown in the photos - USA star with & without red central disc.

Great little pre-painted & decalled, diecast models. All I have done is stuck a piece of Evergreen 222 plastic sprue in one of the already available holes for a LITKO base.

All of the different models come with their own stands which identify the unit they are attached to as well as a small numbered card with a photo of the plane (although looking back I have numbers 7: Mustang, 9: Corsair & 10: Kittyhawk (probably lost/threw out the others - card 8? - for Thunderbolt), so perhaps I am wrong in my assumptions about 2 colour schemes per 4 models? If anyone has further knowledge about this perhaps he/she could shed some light?)

Anyway I hope that you like the pix of the planes. I think that with the Thunderbolts, these are the plainest of the planes but they are nice to have anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kitty 8.jpg   kitty 7.jpg   kitty 6.jpg   kitty 5.jpg   kitty 4.jpg  

kitty 3.jpg   kitty 2.jpg   kitty 1.jpg   Johnny Lightning P40   3a.jpg   Johnny Lightning P40   6a.jpg  

Johnny Lightning P40   2.jpg  

Nigel

They look nice, plus an easy conversion for quick action!

Rich

yes Rich, an easy conversion but still took me about 8 years to getting around to basing just 4 of them.

Nigel

Is that all? I remember i the dark ages before DOW and i collected 144 scale planes for my N Scale layout. Some of those took 15 years to get into a game!! Now i game and use the planes on the layout!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB250074.jpg   PB250076.jpg   2908.jpg  

Similar Missions

1. Corsairs: Johnny Lightning
    By Dark Horse in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 01:55
  2. "You've Got a Horse and a Half There My Boy" (Johnny Lightning Mustang)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2013, 06:53
  3. Thunderbolt from the blue! (Johnny Lightning)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2013, 02:47
  4. New Ray P-38 Lightning
    By bigk57 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 07:47
  5. 1/200 P -38 LIGHTNING.
    By bumblie3 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 15:14