Ares Games

Thread: Warbirds Over The Beach 2013

Default Warbirds Over The Beach 2013

Four weeks till the Military Aviation Museum WW2 air show. Work is progressing on the guest of honor, the museums newly restored De Havilland Mosquito. From the these photos you can see work is progressing! The BBC is sending a film crew over, the Mosquito will have it`s US debut well documented! The Canadian Lancaster will be visiting. The planes combined with WW2 re-enactors make it a great weekend.

Rich

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.or...-aircraft.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4190007.jpg   P4190008.jpg   P4200019.jpg  

More great pictures Rich.
    It will be superb when that bird is finished, but not half as informative as being able to see into that engine.
    Rob.

The one plane I wished I could have a flight in. Twin merlin engines, wow.

Always had a soft spot for the Mossie - any weapon made of balsa wood deserves respect

Glad I have my tickets. I can't wait for the weekend. Didn't see the Lanc would be there but just makes things better and better. I also see that the Me262 is also on the list so sounds like a fantastic weekend coming up..

Rob

I cannot wait to see her fly! I try to catch as many open pictures as possible. They had the Hurricane open for a pre show checkup last month. I am glad you enjoyed the photos!

Rich

Neil

You are correct, i would love a chance for that!

Rich

Brian

I have watched it go from lumber and corroded metal a thing of beauty! It will be thrill to see her fly!

Rich

Bob

I had not seen it listed anywhere. It was announced along with all upcoming events. I am looking forward to it also, my ticket is also secured!! I hope to see you there!

Rich

Thumbs up

Hope its Blue Skies for that day chaps.
    Looking forward to more pics.

Wow, that will be a great event.

Is it just me, or does that fella in the second picture have the best shirt?

Dave

Boy I wish I could be there. Talks with the wife indicate we might make a trip to the area next May, so I could visit the MAM.
    And yeh, I love to have that shirt
    Karl

Barry

If you know any sun dances send them up here. Last years show was too windy and then too rainy! I will make a point of getting more shots. A friend took some i will check and see how they came out. At this point i think five Drome members will be there that should be lots of photos!

Rich

Rich

Dave

That is a great shirt. From his strange accent i thought he is a Kiwi. Plus he and i were the only two people out there wearing T shirts. He was of course enjoying our warm weather!! I was sporting my new WOG t shirt.

Rich

Karl

It would make any trip over here worth while. If it could be air show week you would be in paradise!!

Rich

Rich

Will be there Sat. Stopping at the Transportation Museum on Thursday and then book a harbor cruise on Friday.

Bob

That sounds like a well rounded weekend! By land, sea and air!!

Rich

Nice pics! Thx for sharing

Attilio

Didn't think of it that way Rich but good point. Checked out the Lancaster site and they have some good shows. Have to talk the wife into taking a vacation next year up there. Only about 450 miles. I think I have to keep mentioning it to her.

Attilio

Thank you i am glad you enjoyed them!

Rich

Bob

Keep those subliminal messages flowing!! Have you been to the War Museum in Hampton?

Rich

http://www.warmuseum.org/

Similar Missions

1. Old warbirds
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 07:09
  2. Warbirds Over the Beach 2012 Rainout
    By ptownhiker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 00:58
  3. Warbirds Over the Beach