Ares Games

Thread: Mam Today!

Thumbs up Mam Today!

The Military aviation Museum hosted another speaker series today. Hans Meyer a WW2 Luftwaffe pilot was the guest. He Had 5 East Front victories at the age of 17 in 1944. The talk was held in the newly restored Cottbus Army Airfield hanger. The plan was for a flight by the museums Fw-190 A-8. We had a series of rain storms last night that saturated the grass runway. That killed the flight but they did do an engine run up. The Mosquito is on it`s gear and they are working on the engines and other plumbing. They say she will make the May 18 air show!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4200014.jpg   P4200010.jpg   P4190006.jpg  

I am excited to see the progress on the Mosquito. I hope we have good weather at the May air show this year.

David

I hope so also. They said today the Canadian Lancaster will be here for the show. I saw John Snelling and DJ a new Hampton forum member. It was DJ`s first visit to the Museum!

Rich

The 'Anton' looks superb. I will have to file away that colour scheme for a future project!

Thumbs up

Carl

Some day i will see it fly. The Museum has yet to display a air worthy restored A! They were expecting delivery for next months show. I have to upload the rest of my photos to a new album, check later.

Rich

P.S. We will see if this video works?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4200013.jpg   P4200017.jpg   P4200012.jpg  

I had a great time at the show. It was nice talking to you also.

Some cool looking planes there, love the mosquito, would love it even more if I could get a flight in one.

John

Good to see you also. Did DJ have a good time? Where else can you stand 60 feet from an engine start like that.

Rich

Neil

My dream is to be standing there and asked to take a ride! I uploaded all my photos into a new album. If you have not checked out my albums do so, i have many from trips to the museum.

Rich

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=2174

Similar Missions

1. 100 up today.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2018, 01:05
  2. 71 Years Ago Today
    By ptownhiker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 13:13
  3. 3/3 - Today in History