Ares Games

Thread: Random scenario generator

Default Random scenario generator

While waiting at a train crossing on the way to work today my mind began to wonder about Wings of Glory.Given a choice, I suspect most players would choose to fly missions in 1917/1918 as these seem to be when the majority of excellent planes were built. I then began to wonder if anyone had created a random scenario generator where you 1. Determine the year of the mission and 2. Determine the month of the mission? This would then force the players to choose from planes that were operational at that time period. Providing of course that players had the cards and or minis this could be very cool. I'm not a statistician or expert on this time period, but you could weight the table to have more missions occur in the years that airwarfare was more prominent. So maybe 1914/15 has a smaller chance, and 1917/18 has a greater chance. You could have a modifier for the months that specific campaigns took place. This is just a thought I had, and for all I know, someone may have already designed something similar.

TSR's 'Dawn Patrol' has just the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    Indeed it does. Does it quite well too. That was part of the reason I put together my list of planes available by month/year & their operational uses was so that I could pick a period of the war & type of mission & then draft planes based on what was available at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation.

I created and uploaded a Mission Generator some time ago. You can find it in the Files Section:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=1002

Similar Missions

1. Air plane set up and scenario generator versions 1.0
    By RickMartin in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 19:27
  2. Solo Mission Generator posted
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 15:26
  3. Random Missions
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: House Rules