Ares Games

Thread: Quick Report

Default Quick Report

Quick Report Thread

Please use this thread to post your 'Quick Report' on your SND matches.

* Which Faction/Planes used.
    * A brief summary/highlights of the action.
    * Which side claimed the Victory.

Win; Wins are added to the total for the week.

Lose; Losses are not recorded, it's the winning that counts.

Draw; Draws are not included in the final results, but are still worth posting up anyway.

So typically, a post might look like this;

Central Powers Vs Entente

2x Sopwith Camel Vs 3x Fokker DR.1

The Sopwiths reigned supreme for the first few turns, but then the Fokkers unleashed hell and both Sopwiths were set ablaze!!!

Victory = Central Powers.

If you play multiple matches, then the 'overall' total is what you would submit.
    So if the Entente were to win 3 out of 5 matches, that would be Victory = Entente.

Happy flying!

[SND #2] Saturday Night Dogfight, Part the 2nd

Early October 1918, Somewhere over NW France

Lt. Albert "Bertie" Brown, taking a break from "kicking the tires" of his new Sopwith Snipe, was back in the cockpit of his trusty SE5a. While flying top cover for a pair of artillery cooperation birds, he found himself invited to the dance by a pair of aggressive Albatros D.Va's. Although a bit of a close run thing, with his SE5a getting shot about far more than is comfortable, Lt. Brown eventually gained the upper hand by dictating the range, pace, and timing of the engagement. Although the Hun had him outgunned, the Albatros could neither outfly, nor outshoot, the faster English scout... ultimately meeting their doom.

This engagement adds two (1 confirmed, 1 probable) to Lt. Brown's growing tally, with 1 V-strutter down in flames and the other OOC and probably destroyed.

Entente Victory

Last edited by fast.git; 04-03-2013 at 10:56. Reason: Added Pics

I'm pretty sure I added your result Chris. Still a draw this week, but the rolling total puts Entente ahead by 2 wins.

Nice pics!

Alright fellow fliers, I am helping out HTRAINo and moderating the tally this week. So, I'll be checking for anything posted after this for SND Week 3 results. Once they start coming in en masse, I will set up a page. I will have the tally done by Thursday morning U.S. Central time (GMT -5). That gives everyone all through Wed GMT to get everything in (as normal). Happy hunting!

These reports are very tantalizing chaps.
    What really went down?
    Oh yes! You actually told me that bit.
    Rob.

Week 3 report

Settings: Patrol over the Eastern front
    Central Powers - K. u. K. Luftfahrtruppen patrol (player): Albatros D.III (Lt.i.d.R. Otto Schrimpl) and Albatros D.III (Zgsf. Mordechai Goldstein)
    Entente - Imperatorskij Voenno-vozdushnyh Flot patrol (AI): 3x Nieuport 17 (unknown pilots)

The Austro-Hungarians circled behind the stronger Russian patrol, scattered the enemies and then downed them one by one.

Victory for the Central Powers.

AAR will follow soon.

Unexpected encounter on Western Front.

Central Powers (Sopwith Camel, Kissenberth)* Vs. Entente (SE5a, Dallas) 2:0
    *proxied

In first fight Dallas, after few bursts exchanged, left the field.
    In second Dallas was wounded early, and soon set on fire. His death was heroic.

Victory = Central Powers.

For Week 3, a two-fer -- two identical setups, but with different actions in each role.

First battle: One Me-110 attempting to destroy a barge, which is defended by three Gladiators. (Malta?)
    Second battle: One Beaufighter attempting to destroy a barge, which is defended by three Falcos. (Pantelleria?)
    (The "barge" bore a striking resemblance to a WW1 balloon, BTW. :) )

Result: A very-minor victory for the Allies. The fights played out almost identically: The defenders were too slow to keep up with the attacker; and when the defenders did fire, they had no effect (and I mean *no* effect; neither attacker took any damage). The only major difference was during the second battle, when one of the Falcos botched a "turn into the attack", and wound up in the Beau's front arc; even with the "fighter tax" on the cannons*, the Falco was vaporized (and it didn't even need Ye Olde Boome Carde).

[*: C- and D-deck shots against fighter-based units are taken at one range increment higher.]

Again, any posts after this one will be added to the SND wk 4 results page when it is up. Believe me when I say that I hope your side won the day!

Week 4: Another "experiment", this time using WW1 units and my altitude rules -- after seeing a gripe about how climbing and diving restricts players to straight-ahead movement, I did some fiddling to see if climbing and diving turns could be incorporated.

Short version: A climb may be performed on any straight or turn, but must immediately be followed by a stall (to represent lost momentum), or a dive of equal or greater value.

Units:
    Entente: Hanriot HD.1 A-deck
    Central Powers: Albatros D.V

Results: Getting shots on target was far more difficult, as it was a rare event to have both units within range and at similar altitudes. Victory went to the Hanriot, finally, altho' it was a *very* near-run thing -- the Hanriot had one each of Pilot Hit and Engine Hit, and was at 2 HP when it finally blew off the Albatros driver's head (2 Pilot Hit results -- I use "draw and return").

I only had time for the one experiment, as I was attending an auto race that day as well; so I'll need to experiment further.

cool. can't wait for the AAR. Did anyone else SND?

AAR (SND) Week 4: Was it the Red Baron or was it not?

Western Front 1917.

A single Fokker Dr1 of Jasta 11 takes on 6 Sopwith Camels......and survives.

A Win for the Central Powers.

AAR will be posted in the AAR section.

Posts after this will get tallied for the SND wk5

WWI (1914-1918 Western Front) (This is for Week Four)
    A Fokker Dr.1 and an Albatros D.Va against a Camel and a SPAD XIII.

"It ain’t Over, until it is Over!" Initially, it looked like an easy Entente win in a two on one situation early in the game, but the tenacity and skillful flying of the remaining CP plane took out the two Entente scouts!

Central Powers Victory!

The AAR is posted here: (SND) International Skype Game - 3rd France-vs-Canada, 13 April 2013

WWI (1914-1918 Western Front) (This is for Week Five)
    A Fokker Dr.1 and an Albatros D.III against a Camel and a SPAD XIII.

'What handicap?" The D.III is not necessarily the equal of the other planes in this encounter, and an Ace Skill to even things out was proposed, but refused. Replacement planes were brought in as opponents were shot down, but the only plane to make it all the way through was the "inferior" D.III. Two Dr.1s were lost on the CP side, but two SPADs and two Camels were taken down.

Tactical analysis: Andy, flying the Dr.1, out-shot everyone with 16 shots taken (may have been higher, if not for jams), the nearest next was nine (surprise, it was me). The others were at eight shots each. Awesome flying by Andy!

Central Powers Victory!

AAR SND Week 5 - Global Skype Game - Fourway Dogfight! .

Mike:-)

Very cool fighting. I was checking out the AAR as well and it looks fun. I'm working on skype to see if I can get the hang of it and join in next time!

Apologies for the lateness, but I have been ill (as in: I had to talk to a doctor today).

Due to this illness, Week 5 saw a further experiment with altitude rules -- and in the interests of parity, I sent a French Nieuport against... a *German* Nieuport.

The outcome was... weird. However, as it turned out, I can only declare it an unqualified Entente victory. Details in separate post.

Glad you are feeling better. (refer to this whenever you are actually feeling better).

Well, luckily you have some weeks to recover until the next SND (unspecified time).

Similar Missions

1. A quick introduction
    By sbutton in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 15:51
  2. A quick thanks...
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 06:00
  3. A quick Thanks
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 30