Ares Games

Thread: Is it just my computer?

Default Is it just my computer?

Gents I've got a problem in River City and it isn't pool. The format of this forum is "scrambled" for lack of a better word. When I go to my profile it is messed up quite badly. Wingman stretch down the left side, same for the albums. The rank insignia is smack in the middle of the page and it looks like there is faint printing around it. I look at posts and the side bar with the writer's name in it is mixed up. Medals and descriptions are all scrambled together. Are other people noticing or problems?

You aren't stealing wifi from this guy are you?
    http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html (scroll down to the picture )

Mine is fine this side of the pond.

No problem here. Try to change the browser, Lloyd.

I have often found turning my computer off and back on helps. Then again, that is about the extent of my IT troubleshooting capabilities.

As far as I know I'm on our house network, but maybe I will check to see if my computer found a different one. Don't know if that is possible, but I'll have a look anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by diceslinger View Post
    You aren't stealing wifi from this guy are you?
    http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html (scroll down to the picture )

That's what I was hoping would happen, but the computer has been turned off several times and the problem remains. The funny thing I don't notice any problems on other sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I have often found turning my computer off and back on helps. Then again, that is about the extent of my IT troubleshooting capabilities.

Question

No hassels here mate.
    Have you tried logging out of the Forum & then logging back in?

Many times, no joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    No hassels here mate.
    Have you tried logging out of the Forum & then logging back in?

Just changed and everything is back to normal. I wonder what happend on the other browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    No problem here. Try to change the browser, Lloyd.

I sometimes get it when viewing my incoming PMs, or logging on for the start of a session, but it rights itself after a few moments. I just put it down to the network being overloaded.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    You like The IT Crowd don't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rksCTVFtjM4

Thomas

Great clip. I need to check out this show. Thanks Thomas.

In Italy everything is fine, I think is a browser problem

Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydthegamer View Post
    As far as I know I'm on our house network, but maybe I will check to see if my computer found a different one. Don't know if that is possible, but I'll have a look anyway.
    It was more of a joke Lloyd....someone had an issue where his wireless was being stolen, so he rigged his router to send back all of the images on a web page upside down. I thought it was funny, but in hindsight I could have offered advice instead of being cheeky.
    My serious advice would be to clear your browser cache.

I'd an issue with my IE browser (the posts are into scrolling bars) that I'd not with Firefox or Mozilla. And I'd no problems with other web sites. But the root cause was simply, I'd not the zoom at 100%.

Perhaps your browser problem is a wrong setting. Install an another browser on your pc and look if you've the same behaviour to check this.

Attilio

I will try cache clearing and see how that works. Thanks for the advice, both serious and funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by diceslinger View Post
    It was more of a joke Lloyd....someone had an issue where his wireless was being stolen, so he rigged his router to send back all of the images on a web page upside down. I thought it was funny, but in hindsight I could have offered advice instead of being cheeky.
    My serious advice would be to clear your browser cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    To the solved problem!
    Did I just hear a bottle opening Attilio?
    Kyte.

Thanks Asha, but if you look at the thread date you will see that this problem was in 2013 and is now solved.
    However, let me welcome you to the site on behalf of the pilots based here in Dear Old Blighty.
    Enjoy your stay with us and if you have any questions, just ask. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who can help you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I post this only for humor, not to insult anyone. But, back in my early days, I had problems with technology, and if it wasn't for the IT Department, I would have never made it this far...

Link: Medieval Help Desk (with English subtitles)

Gack. Another person dragged into a necrothread...
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 02-24-2021 at 22:58.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I post this only for humor, not to insult anyone. But, back in my early days, I had problems with technology, and if it wasn't for the IT Department, I would have never made it this far...

As an ex-IT manager in a school, I showed this clip many times - always raised laughs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post

Oh that is a good one!

Gave Mrs Kyte and myself a laugh Mike. Thanks for that it was just what we needed.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I can relate to that one from my days as a System Manager in the '80s and '90s.

Thanks, Mike.
    There was a reason to visit this 'dead thread' after all.

Similar Missions

1. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  2. Amazing 'In-Game' images from a Computer Flight Sim Game
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 08:39
  3. Do you play Computer Games?
    By Belis4rius in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 13:32
  4. Message from Khargor re Computer Problems