Ares Games

Thread: North Devon or Cornwall

Naval1

Default North Devon or Cornwall

Hi

Only played the game once, immediately hooked. Other members enthusiasm on this forum convinces me I am onto a winner consequently I have just ordered Rules and Accessories plus a DH2 and Fokker E111 as I am interested in the early war period/Palestine/Egypt. As I live in a less populated part of the UK I anticipate a lot of ground attack missions or solo play - unless there are others in the area?

I have also seen the Red Eagle site - their flying boats/seaplanes look very interesting - but let me try to get the basics before getting my feet wet as I have not seen any cards for the flying characteristics.

Everett

Hi Everet, welcome to you. There is a Devon Cornwall flight so I'm sure the Flight Leader will be around soon.
    If you like the seaplanes also take a look at Shapeways, they also do a number of various types.
    Any questions don't hesitate to give a shout

Naval1

Thanks Chris...I will take your tip and look Shapeways up.

E.

Naval1

Darell Thanks, unfortunately you are just a bit too far away.

E

For seaplanes drop Dave Manley a mail he is quite gen'd up on these

Hello Everett, and welcome to the 'drome from here in Kent.

Howdy from Kansas, Everett. We are very glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the drome Everett from a chilly Sussex coast today, the Wizards & warlords group based in Truro play WoG

On behalf of the Squadrons based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Everett.
    As soon as you have got your permission ratified by the Oberst, I will send you a Wingman request and ratify your rank. In the meantime relax in the Officers' Mess with a cold one and get to know the chaps better.
    Rob.

Everett,
    I, too, was hooked on the first game. I, too, live way too far away from opponents, having been on a business trip far from home when I encountered the game.

Thanks to some technologically inspired members of this forum, I haven't let a little thing like 2000 kilometers of ocean and 5000 kilometers of land deprive me of opponents. I am looking for more players.

If there aren't any players close enough, and even if there are, consider Skype games.

Tikkifriend in France, and brobin in England started it with this:
    1st game via Skype

I have tried it out a few times, starting with this (among others, since):
    International Skype Game France-vs-Canada March 2013 AAR

If you are interested, please take a look at the following thread, and consider throwing your hat in the ring:
    Skype players forum

All the above is my way of saying Welcome to the Forum, and hope you enjoy the camaraderie, resources, and 'drinks' with the vets on the site.

Mike:-)

Naval1

What a welcome !- I will find the Mess and pull up an empty chair.
    My thanks again to Chris (Boney 10) for pointing me in the direction of Shapeways. I now have in mind games - once I have a better idea of the system/s- involving the Italian and A-H airforces'....and creating several mays using Vilene, Acrylic Ink and Google Maps of the Croatia coast. If my idea works I will post it.

Sounds a great idea. Quite a lot of the chaps have done the same sort of thing. You will find the write ups all over the Drome.
    Dont forget to return your confirmation e-mail to the oberst if you have not yet done so.
    Rob.

Hi Everett from Taunton.
    If you look in the file section under "Top Contributors" bottom right you will find Guntruck and Max Headroom, click on their names which will take you to their profile pages, there you will find that they have made up extra plane cards for non official planes which you can copy and print.
    Don

Welcome to the aerodrome Everett.

Naval1

Default No confirmation from any sector Stachel

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Sounds a great idea. Quite a lot of the chaps have done the same sort of thing. You will find the write ups all over the Drome.
    Dont forget to return your confirmation e-mail to the oberst if you have not yet done so.
    Rob.

Rob

No confirmation email to my in-box - should I be telling Herr Oberst?

(Saw The Blue Max aged 15 in 1966 - NOW I feel I am taking part

Everett

Hi Everett and welcome aboard from Florence

Marco

Yes Everett.
    Let him know by P.M. and he will give you an override.
    Rob.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Everett, from here near Norwich.

Naval1

Mike

Thanks - I will take it under consideration - it never occurred to me. I am slowly exploring the site and hope to find (they WILL be here) those of a like interest in the pre-Somme era ie where squadrons on both sides contained a wide variety of types. Most players will have a single aircraft, I presume and not flights of 4? Having visited the Grahame-White hanger/WW1 aircraft at Hendon I was very much taken by the aircraft of that period - especially the Vickers Gunbus. Let me get a few flights and fights 'under my belt' and then consider skype.

Naval1

Thanks Marco
    Besides the early war period I would in the future like to use floatplanes from the Italian and A-H forces - amazing machines, and brave men.

Everett

Naval1

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Yes Everett.
    Let him know by P.M. and he will give you an override.
    Rob.
    Rob thanks again...he immediately rectified the problem.

E

Hi Everret, Welcome to the Drome.

Jumped from Plymouth to France 20 yrs ago but still pop back from time to time.
    I think Mike ( old guy 59) mentioned we are playing some games via Skype which have turned out really well so if you are interested drop me a PM. in the mean time get to know the site, its full of valuable info and interesting characters
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Naval1 View Post
    Mike

Most players will have a single aircraft, I presume and not flights of 4?. Let me get a few flights and fights 'under my belt' and then consider skype.
    To see units that some members have take a look at the threads

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ainting-Thread

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ad-(-Entente-)

And from me the end of this thread

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...er-for-Jasta-5

It hopefully will inspire you into units

Naval1

Chris

Well that has put me right............
    I have the Osprey books on the early war so let me dig them out again.

Everett

Naval1

Thanks Paul

Mike is a youngster compared to my 62 years .....just got the rules and accessories pack...but no aircraft, from Amazon, until the 17th...frustrating.

Everett

Quote Originally Posted by Naval1 View Post
    Thanks Paul

Mike is a youngster compared to my 62 years .....just got the rules and accessories pack...but no aircraft, from Amazon, until the 17th...frustrating.

Everett
    A meer 62. Plenty of hours left in the air and long may you enjoy them
    Paul

Welcome to the Devon & Cornwall aviation unit Everett.
    I'm down in Truro, Cornwall and a big fan of French planes.

Our club is heavily into playing Wings of Glory and regularly attend the southwest shows (Plymouth & Exeter) to put on participation games.
    In fact, if you're planning on heading over the Exeter Legionary tomorrow, we will be there running a challenge game between the Fokker D.V. and Sopwith Camel.

If you're ever down in the area, our club meets every Wednesday evening and we'd all be up for running a mass flight session.

Our captain (Green Goblin, a.k.a Dave) is MIA at the moment as he's ever so busy training the whole of Cornwall and running roleplay sessions, I'll give him a nudge to pop in and say hi.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Wizards & Warlords Club

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    A meer 62. Plenty of hours left in the air and long may you enjoy them
    Paul
    Yes Paul, these young sprogs want to get some time in!
    Rob.

Naval1

I was there at Exeter but arrived late - I saw the demo and a friend from north Devon crashed and burned twice - good fun though. We have just returned from Penzance where I originally come from in our motorhome - if we are down in the Truro area I will let you know.

Best

Everett

Similar Missions

1. National: Running WoW/WoG at Con of North
    By wbfritze in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 21:02
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 05:36