Ares Games

Thread: Theres Good News & Bad News!

Exclamation Theres Good News & Bad News!

Well the great news is my 3 WoG Mats & the Fok Vs Camel duel pack finally arrived from Milsims in the mail today.
    The bad news is due to family visits from Qld & other family commitments there will be no gaming on them over easter.

Anticipation could be its own reward.

Looking forward to seeing them in your future play.

Great to hear you have your stuff Barry. Enjoy the time with your family.

I have the opposite issue - no sign of Milsims' package but four days off to game

Barry, for shure you have to care for your grandchildren - without - your miniature Camels.

Image one of the youngsters crushes your heart of oak No. 1 plane...

Carl...

What should I say? Maybe, you could have a good time while playing & talking about all the wonderful planes from your big missing order from Milsim.

I hope the stuff arrives soon...

Oh, 3 days without playing I perfectly understand. New planes, you just want to try them. Bloody relatives Crossing fingers you can try them soon.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Barry, for shure you have to care for your grandchildren - without - your miniature Camels.

Image one of the youngsters crushes your heart of oak No. 1 plane...
    I dont know if you will believe me Sven but my grand daughter who is coming to visit with her husband is 22 years old. My youngest grandson just turned 21.

You see I was a child bride as they say. Well my first wife was 18 & I was 21. My 2 daughters also had their children young not like today when most folk dont have children until they are in their 30's.
    I do not anticipate any great grand children any time soon however.

Barry! You make me adore you even more! I have been always saying life is much better and fruitful down south
    BTW I hope to play some WGF games with my 73 year old father through Easter

Barry I'm on your side

During Easter holiday there is no WOG at all for me: my Good Lady is a teacher (no work for her) and my daughter is at home for holidays. No one of them knows about my "flying hobby" so: no assembling, no painting, no solo-gaming and no gaming at all for me!!!!

I had 2 WWI scenarios to play (for Midway campaign), some Jasta 15, 18, 40 planes to paint. But I am resigned to do everything starting from next week (or I hope so...)

Marco

whatever you do have a good weekend with you family and friends.

Enjoy your visit, and look forward to your reward Barry.
    Rob.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Enjoy your visit, and look forward to your reward Barry.
    Rob.
    G'day Rob! Are you back from Spain?

Talking of Rewards. I was (to use the current in term), Gob Smacked, to find that my Son in Law, Geoffrey who is Louise's dad had arranged to buy me a new LCD wide screen TV & have my daughter Virginia pick it up locally & Louise & her presented it to me over Easter.
    This was to thank me for volunteering to house sit for them & look after all their dogs, cats & fish in July while they are away on a cruise around Alaska.
    Now thats what I call a great Son in Law!.

Good morning Barry.
    Yes, I got back from Spain on Saturday evening. We had good weather, although the Spanish said it was the worst Spring for five years. A torrential downpour when we arrived at the airport, and about 20 degrees or so for the rest of the week was O.K. for me. It beat the snow when we left Blighty, and the flurry when we got back, Our outbound flight was delayed for an hour whilst they de iced the wings, but was otherwise un eventful.
    hope you enjoy your new TV. I got a large screen model for last Christmas, and can now not only see who all the actors are, but don't get a headache anymore either.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Another good news story
    By AlgyLacey in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 13:16
  2. Series 1 Good News Bad News
    By David Manley in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 07:09
  3. Good News, Bad News, Good News, Uncertain News
    By spin_doctor in forum Officer's Club