Ares Games

Thread: HP 0400 from the dark side . . .

Default HP 0400 from the dark side . . .

It was a dark and stormy night when the postman left a package and ran in fear . . .

Inside the innocent looking package lurked a wounded beast of the milky slick medium, not WSF! OH MY! WE ARE DOOMED!!!

The wing was a horror to behold, more curves than a calender babe, I tried the hot tub treatment, it lasted a whole hour then the dreaded curves returned. Diagnosis: fatal case of the "bends"

Wolverine time! An aluminum brace was forged from the one alloy. Forged with the proper dihedral angle to keep the wing true

Slipped betwixt the struts, CA in place

Now to clamp it, the highest tech units were acquired.

Now to let them rest

To dream of flight . . . we climb into the dark blue of night . . .

To be continued . . .

Well done. But of course the other approach is an email to Shapeways with some snaps of the knackered model and a request (invariably answered in the affirmative) for a replacement

Like it (especially the hi-tech clamps) I trust that when it's operational it will grow aluminium claws to tear other planes apart when collisions occur?

Ah yes, I didn't mention that Shapeways did the replacement thing swiftly last year, but I could not just toss the poor thing into the bin! Never give up! Never surrender! So here we are, just as I took off the clamps and all looked so wondrous, I dropped it and true to its nature the milky bits shattered and instantly turned the HP into a kit of pieces of 8!

More action has ensued! Stand ready for the next installment of "IT CAME in THE POST!"
    Last edited by clipper1801; 03-24-2013 at 20:43.

So the accident gave opportunity to forge a spar for the lower wing which also had the deadly bends.

Dejavue . . .

More clamps, CA, and a careful removal of the pins yields a new start!

Now for some new struts and a bit of drilling! The elves have a special treat for the paint shop brewing . . .

Why is it bright YELLOW? Elves will be grilled for this! -unless they have a cunning plan . . .

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Why is it bright YELLOW? Elves will be grilled for this! -unless they have a cunning plan . . .
    Grilled elves Is they tasty precious.

In that last photo, you have a pen/pencil lifting the tail. I did the very same thing when going on a mad Matt Varnish Extravaganza earlier today.

I find it helps the varnish settle on the upper wings more evenly.

Similar Missions

1. Why do YOU fly for the side you chose?
    By Nightbomber in forum Polls
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-02-2018, 00:10
  2. Dark Horse
    By Dark Horse in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 07:05
  3. Dark Blue World
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 00:55
  4. dark Udet, observations
    By rockyr in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 00:59
  5. It was yet another dark and stormy night...
    By Aero825 in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 12:00