Ares Games

Thread: A question about sharp/vertical dive bombing

Default A question about sharp/vertical dive bombing

Guys i have three questions about sharp/vertical dive, regarding the last edition of the rules (R&A pack).
    1. When do we announce the bombing attempt? Is it before we flip the last sharp/vertical dive maneuver in the sequence?
    2. Can we use the sharp/vertical dive sequence as an escape sequence, with no bombing in the end? That would be fun - Stuka doesn't move, goes straight down and can ingnore one damage counter per that, and maybe even next turn.
    3. When i intent to carry out the sharp/vertical dive sequence as an escape sequence, do i have to be at altitude 2/3, or any altitude would be ok?

The way I see it, you don't have to announce it, as you have already planned the cards... I guess whether you decide to actually drop the bob or not needs to be announced right before the final card. Whether or not you can use it as an evasive maneuver was already raised by myself in an earlier post... I believe the consensus was that it was not the done thing if you're playing realistically.

All right, thanks Alan. I have another one:

We are supposed to mark the climb maneuver after the dive by a fast speed token if we want to jump one whole level high. The thing is that if we play acceleration (and we should) the fast speed token is already in use after the last dive ... Since this token marks our decision more than speed of the climb (climb is always slow after all), can we use some other fast token from the stock?

We use blank markers for a dive, climb or dive bomb maneuvers (...the ones with red arrows).

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...999#post152999

So we don't have this problem.

Besides we have enough marker to deal out every marker twice to each player.

That makes sense. Thank you.

Similar Missions

1. over-dive question
    By Black Bishop in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 02:04
  2. Over Dive Question
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 13:03
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 22:17