Ares Games

Thread: Rise of flight

Default Rise of flight

Ik weet dat iemand hier Rise of flight op zijn computer staan heeft maar ik weet niet meer wie...

Ik heb sinds maandag een nieuwe computer ( een BEEST! 3,4GHz quadcore + alle toeters en bellen ) dus heb ik me ook ROF Iron Cross aangeschaft...

Mijn Saitek Cyborg 3d gold usb joystick werkt niet op windows 7 maar gelukkig doet mijn zoon z'n Cyborg EVO het wel...

Het spel zelf ziet er gelikt uit maar is raaaaazend moeilijk

Ik wou gewoon even weten welke joystick jullie gebruiken ivm aanschaf nieuw exemplaar ( ik ben nu toch al m'n centjes aan het verteren ... )

For our international friends:

Which Joystick do you recommend for playing Rise of Flight?

Ik heb een stijve nek van het "vliegen" in RoF...Schitterende simulatie maar verd**de moeilijk...Vooral met de geleende joystick

't Is leuk maar ik mis toch het sociale contact dat je hebt bij WoG...in RoF kom je ook mensen tegen maar die schieten direct op je

My neck hurts from playing RoF the entire morning...It's fun but very difficult and I do miss the social contact one has while playing WoG... In RoF the people you meet tend to open fire on you right away

Ik weet hoe je je voelt Alex.
    Ik heb net uit een dag van WOG op donderdag, en drie uur van OTT gisteren.
    We hebben een Regimental boor morgen, en ik ben niet zeker of ik zal zelfs in staat om kolonel Kyte's puntige stok vast te houden.

I will of course still be able to hold my Tankard.
    Rob.

...I know how you feel
    Could it be we aren't 25 anymore?

By the way: I don't know if you are into computer gaming but you really should try Rise Of Flight...it's great! I just was shot out of the sky by Jerry AA after I burned one of their observation balloons...seems like they didn't really like that part

Yeah it's a great game, Unfortunately my computer can't handle this game...
    By the way, the joystick I used to play Warbirds (good game, but loses badly Rise Of Flight) is too old.

Here's the link of some vídeos I really like of RoF:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8lTT3BayFnk
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XR_8cTRMfHU
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vzwPv11CGE8

I hope you like
    Thanks and sorry for the joystick

Nick

Thanks for the movies Nick : they're great... i recently bought a new machine...couldn't play RoF before...

My computer can handle it Alex, but unfortunately my eyesight can't.
    Rob.

RoF is the Balls. I'm still learning though. My boom and zoom tactics leave something to be desired. Can fly under bridges (sometimes).

I am very proud of myself if I can take of without crashing...landing without damage is way beyond my capabilities but I managed to shoot a Gotha down in"quick mission"

Its great! Now all I need is a new (lefty) joystick and some rudder pedals...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil View Post
    I am very proud of myself if I can take of without crashing...landing without damage is way beyond my capabilities but I managed to shoot a Gotha down in"quick mission"

Its great! Now all I need is a new (lefty) joystick and some rudder pedals...
    Most current joysticks come with a twist yoke to apply rudder otherwise you can use the autorudder option. Learn how to fly and shoot in the Pfalz or Alb DIII. They are stable, slow and easy to fly. You can turn inside most planes with these two. I'm totally worthless in the Spad. Have fun trying to turn in the Camel.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Olivier
    Sorties Flown

I bought the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and the Saitek Pro flight combat Rudder Pedals. A bit expensive but nothing compares to the other joystciks I had in the past. A must !
    It works well with ROF.
    I combine this fantastic material with a Track IR 5 System.

I finally decided on a thrustmaster 16000t because it is easily transformed in a real "lefty" and it is programmable and has a rudder function.
    I would love some rudder pedals too but i think i'll have to wait till Xmas for those

I can fly the camel with autorudder (without I'm dead...it's as simply as that ) but my real nemesis is the nimble N11: it flies everywhere except where I want it to go

There's a new map that spans the western front from calais to Zeebruges and I have a slight feeling the HD 1 is going to be amongst the aircraft pretty soon.

But for now enjoy this :
    Name:  N11VampireRoF1.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  108.6 KB

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jonathan
    Sorties Flown

Tried this out today (demo, of course). I am sure it is a very good simulation but it is not my cup o' tea. I am more of a turn-based game player. It did make me pull out that old FF Joystick that had not seen the light of day in about ten years. I enjoyed Red Baron 3D back in the day but never could quite handle the 'full historical' flight mode.
    Flew a couple, no three, missions. Crashed myself in two and managed to fly in front of enough bullets in the third to end it mercifully quick. I am reluctant to uninstall it quite yet. The download was 5GB and after that a 1GB update.
    It is gorgeous, though. I stole a bunch of screenshots to use for wallpaper. Very nice.

I've been away from this forum for a while... Real life caught up with me so sorry for the very late response to this
    It's been a while sibnce a did a missionin ROF too... same reason.
    Now I wonder if it will be like riding a bicycle..(once you now how you'll never forget) or if I'll have to start the learning curve all over again...

a part from a very busy life I've spend the little spare time I have left painting a French late Medieval army ( Perry miniatures...they are gorgeous! ) I really need to finish that as soon as possible and sadly there are still quit a few figures that need a coat of paint.
    It proceeds slowly but steadily...once that finished I can concentrate fully on Wings of Glory and all things related to WWI aviation again;

Similar Missions

1. The Rise Of Flight
    By rOEN911 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 06:37
  2. Rise of Flight
    By Cruthers in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 20:18
  3. Rise of Flight
    By sucklingpig in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8