Ares Games

Thread: Shot Down in route~

Default Shot Down in route~

So, I had put in a very large order earlier this week and also ordered a separate bomber from another seller. Both packages came yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the mats, rules box, extra pegs, and planes. However, the B-25(bauer) apparently was shot down by the Japanese while in route and was in 5 pieces when I opened the shipping box! Of course, I frowned and look closer to inspect the damage to decide to proceed. At first I figured I could fix it, as it appeared the breaks were the major seams where the wings and stabilizers are glued. I figured it was probably a poor factory glue job and it came apart with some rough handling in the mail. Sadly, as I inspected the pieces more closely, I noticed the front gun was broken off, as was the bottom turret. At that point, I decided to contact the seller and ask for a new one. Seeing as I have had multiple transactions with the seller and they have always treated me fairly, I am not expecting any grief.

This isn't the first bomber I have heard about coming apart at the seams. Have you received any broken bombers or know any retailers that have? I am sure I remember reading somewhere about something similar somewhere. Hopefully its just a very isolated issue. I really like the overall quality of the game and its components, in all truthfulness, I found the whole "shot-down" bomber rather hilarious.

I had to reglue the wings of one He111 and Doolittle's B25.

No broken parts...

Same happend to me. Had to glue the wings on. The other thing I didn't like was the tape holding the plane down. I did break one of the guns of the top turret of one B-25 but can live with that.

I had to glue the port wing on the winter camouflage Heinkel.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

Thank God for super Glue
    trumpetman52

I know right? I was able to Zap a Gap everything back together including the front gun. I contacted the seller to let him know, I had fixed the plane to a satisfactory level and no further action was required on his part. For my trouble and expense of driving to get the glue and the cost of the glue, he insisted on sending me a new bomber anyway. According to the tracking number it should be here Monday, now that is what I call customer service! You better believe I will consider him for future transactions. I have yet to give support to the store here, but it just a matter of time and when, not if. I will definitely buy a plane or two from the next wave and some rulers, smoke and flame markers sometime in March after release.

I'll have to double check my stock of bombers, but I've not noticed any damaged ones so far out of the dozen or so of each paint job that I have processed. Thanks for the heads up.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Olivier
    Sorties Flown

I had to reglue wings on B-25, wings on Yak-1 and on landing gear on Ju-87B. It seems that the glue problem is common ...

I personally use bi-component glue instead of cyanolit glue. More resistant in time.

My Keudel's Halberstadt lost his prop during his 6-7th flight - it just fell of - but with no permanent damage. Ground crew glued it back.

Similar Missions

1. WW2 bombers being shot down
    By Linz in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 15:00
  2. 1st plane shot down
    By ThBoomer in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 07:29
  3. Calling the shot first
    By Capt Winhold in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 14