Ares Games
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dawn of War Series II miniatures

Name
    Jesús
    Sorties Flown

I have heard that there will be 3 different paint job for the Hurricane only one of them will be British, if this rumor is true what nations will the other two be?

One Belgian (rare occasion for a plane of such a nation), one Russian (with rockets).

Check out this one:

http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=3559

Didn't know the Russian one comes with rockets... It definitely needs some decals on the wings as well.

Not really. The paler green patches on the wings and fuselage are where the Russians erased the British cockades. Red stars have been put on the fuselage and behind the wings, but not on top of them.

Yes, that's true, but sorry to say that, I think it looks just awful. I'm pretty sure that I saw a Russian Hurrican with red stars on the green dots on the wings as well.

But here's a question which came up somewhere else: Are you planning to support the African theatre with more minis?

For the moment there will be a Stuka from North Africa in Series 2, Gliscon's and Lott's P-40 in Series 3.
    Le Gloan's D.520 in Series 2 fought in Syria, but he also flew one very like it (or exactly that one? No records at hand) afterward in Alger-Maison Blanche, Algeria.

Name
    Jesús
    Sorties Flown

WHEN???

I'm waiting for series II

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno_Stachel
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    LOL!!!

Now I don't feel so bad for doing mock strafing runs on my wife!!!

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

What Pilot? Tex Hill, or Boyington maybe!?!
    How about aircraft 73 from 3d Pursuit Squadron "Hell's Angels" ? That was my uncle's aircraft, Edmund Overend. He returned to the USMC after the AVG and flew F4Us

Thanks for the information Angioilillo from the pictures they all look good. I think the Russian Hurricane looks typicaly Russian not much detal just enough to get the aircraft into service in my view red stars on the wings would spoil the look!

I can't take it any longer! When will Series II be released? Don't let this concept die a pre-mature death. This is possibly one of the greatest concepts in historical gaming and if it is not supported or promoted, it will die like MechWarrior did. Anybody else remember that one?

Default Wings of War product

Quote Originally Posted by rickcundiff View Post
    I can't take it any longer! When will Series II be released? Don't let this concept die a pre-mature death. This is possibly one of the greatest concepts in historical gaming and if it is not supported or promoted, it will die like MechWarrior did. Anybody else remember that one?
    I still have over 200 battlemechs I bought when I played Classic battletech and Mechwarrior every chance I got in the 90's. I think I have played exactly two games in the last decade. 'sigh'

But seriously, keep the faith with Wings of War, the current production delays will pass and soon enough we will be flooded with more boxed sets, cards and minis than we will know what to do with!

I hope the production team smooth out the problems though, feast or famine is bad for game systems. I would like to see four new mini sets released each year, one every three months alternating WW1 and WW2, a new booster pack every four months, and a boxed set (cards or minis) every three months. That would give you 24 WW1 minis, 24 WW2 minis, four booster sets (again 2 x WW1 and 2 x WW2) and three boxed sets each year. I would be very happy with that!

So for 2010 we would expect -
    WW1 Series 4, WW2 Series 2, WW1 Series 5, WW2 Series 3;
    Hit and Run, Crossfire, Last Biplanes, Revolution in the Skies boosters;
    Balloon Busters, Flight of the Giants, Rain of Destruction.

Let's hope we don't have to wait too long for the next product.

Cheers,

Carl.

Yeah, good old MechWarrior ... as long as this forum exists, WoW will never die :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    So for 2010 we would expect -
    WW1 Series 4, WW2 Series 2, WW1 Series 5, WW2 Series 3;
    Hit and Run, Crossfire, Last Biplanes, Revolution in the Skies boosters;
    Balloon Busters, Flight of the Giants, Rain of Destruction.
    I cannot imagine that we will see WW1 Series 5 and WW2 Series 3 this year. But Balloon Busters, Flight of Giants, WW1 Series 4 and WW2 Series 2 and some boosters is not to bad for one year, either.

What is the latest release date for Series 2 WW2 minatures

Next week or so, in Europe? The miniatures arrived in Italy at NG's warehouse and they are now being reshipped to Italian shops and European distributors.

Flight of the Giants, Hit & Run, Crossfire, Last Biplanes and Revolution in the Sk should follow 3 weeks later or so.

For US and the rest of the world please check here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp

It says that they are on the boat - Series 2 is expected to be released in Summer 2010, the other stuff I quoted in Spring (that would mean within 24 days, fior what I mean with Spring).

Default Release Date for Series II Dawn of War

HIP, HIP, HOORAH! HIP, HIP, HOORAH! I am so glad to hear this news. I am passing the news along to everyone I know. Thank you Andrea for keeping active on the site.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Hi Guys

Been busy for a while. This isn't hapenning soon enough! I can't wait.

Al

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chris
    Sorties Flown

I loved mechwarrior! However, it was a blind collectable game, a totally different animal. Also the company purposely destroyed the line for loan benifits. I don't see that happening here.

This game's only problem is running out of planes to publish. They have to drag out production or burn the series out too quick. It is a very fine line to walk.

Today I saw them at my local store!! AWESOME!!

Junkers Ju 87 are really, really cool. I could even consider trying DoW just to play them.

Nice to know!
    Well, Florence... Is the shop Stratagemma? It is one of the very best shops in Italy, I would not be surprised to hear that they are the first to get the new minis.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chris
    Sorties Flown

I think I might have to move to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Nice to know!
    Well, Florence... Is the shop Stratagemma? It is one of the very best shops in Italy, I would not be surprised to hear that they are the first to get the new minis.
    Of course it was at Strata's.
    But I'd better not report your comment to Mirella... E poi chi la sopporta piů! :-)

BTW, Smooth job Andea, they are really good.
    Last edited by Ducalutra; 06-10-2010 at 14:08.

Von Deekin

Just saw on the Fantasy Flight website that they are now shipping WWII mini's set #2!!! HOO-YAH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Deekin View Post
    Just saw on the Fantasy Flight website that they are now shipping WWII mini's set #2!!! HOO-YAH!!!!!
    Just checked the FFG site myself -- where did you see it?

Von Deekin

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Just checked the FFG site myself -- where did you see it?
    When you go to FFG, across the top of the screen you'll see "News/ Catalog/ Upcoming........", click on 'Upcoming'. Your now in 'Upcoming Products & Reprints' screen. Right below the written introduction you will find 3 boxes. They are; Product type, Game type & Status. Click & open the center box (Game type) & select 'Board Games' from the list. Click the 'Apply' button & BLAM!! There they are at the top of the list. showing the 'Now Shipping' icon.

Your Welcome.

About Bloody Time!!!!

EnemyAce

Default Coolstuffinc has them up and available.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_min...k%20Series%202

Relatively inexpensive as well. $8.49 for fighters $10.99 for bombers.

Here's my new Junkers Ju 87 Stuka!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Chris
    Sorties Flown

You got the one I wanted. Very jealous!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matias
    Sorties Flown

Can´t wait to put a hand over one of those junkers!!!

Nice, very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galland View Post
    Can´t wait to put a hand over one of those junkers!!!

Nice, very nice!!
    I just had my shop in Calgary (about an hour and a half from me) put aside a complete set plus Fire from the Sky. Don't get them til Tuesday though. Hopefully this will be better than the plain old fighter games for ww2 as my club found them not as exciting. Regardless, it seems j just keep getting this stuff! It was the two balloons last.

Scarfed from FRPGames -- my usual supplier (Thought Hammer) listed them as "backordered" the moment they appeared on the site. :P

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

A friend of mine just bought some at his FLGS, Rainy Day Games.

Quote Originally Posted by krolik View Post
    A friend of mine just bought some at his FLGS, Rainy Day Games.
    Sadly, I can't afford to pay retail; I have to bargain-hunt. :|

Name
    Jesús
    Sorties Flown

Got mine!!

Those Dewoitine are GREAT!!

Doesn't look like they arrived in German shops so far.

I got my new WW2 minatures today The Hurricans are very nice especially the Russian one.

I picked up my new minis today as well. This is the first series that I did not buy one of each I was really not happy with how they scattered all the paint jobs around

Put me down for four British Hurricanes and two Battle of Britain Stukas. It is hard to believe this thread started almost a year ago! At least the wait is over!

We are still waiting in Germany and no one really knows when this planes will arrive here - I don't really understand how Nexus announces new material over and over again but can't manage to satisfy the demands over here.

Well, there is no reason why Germany should wait more than one or two week after the stuff reached Italy - and alyway longer than any other European country but Italy. If no weird accident happened, a further delay may depend on the local distributor.

Thx Andrea, we are just very desperate for the new stuff

Edit: But here's another thing: The distributor of which my local dealer gets his stuff has only the set with all planes listed and not the single planes on their own. It's still not available anyway but how does that make sense?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Missions

1. Balloon Photos
    By Ritterton in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 13:44