Ares Games
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of War Series II miniatures

Default Dawn of War Series II miniatures

Andrea was nice enough to pass me these never before released photos of the unpainted series 2 miniatures. They are the Aichi D3A Val, Dewoitine D.520, Hawker Hurricane Mk.I/II, Junkers Ju87B. Note the bombs on the Stuka
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aichi_D3A_Val.jpg   Dewoitine_D520.jpg   Hawker_Hurricane.jpg   Junkers_Ju87B.jpg  

Looking great, can't wait!

Yeah, that Stuka looks Yummy to me!

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

They look good.

I wish the Hurri would've come with the 1st series. It would have really helped my current campaign to have it with its extra C deck.

Quote Originally Posted by nachinus View Post
    I wish the Hurri would've come with the 1st series. It would have really helped my current campaign to have it with its extra C deck.
    You can find extra C deck in the Mitsubishik A6M2 Reisen packs, anyway...

Please notice that the Stuka will come in two versions. The Ju 87 B-2 will be provided in two color schemes for the German Luftwaffe: one for the Battle of Britain and one for North Africa. It will have a huge bomb under the fuselage and 4 smaller ones under the wings. The Ju 87 R-2, long distance variant of the previous, will be featured in the colors of the Italian Regia Aeronautica, from the units attacking Malta: it will have only the huge bomb under the fuselage, while the small ones under the wings will be replaced by disposeable extra fuel tanks (for which rules are provided in Fire from the Sky and in the DeLuxe rulebook).

Andrea, thanks for the additional information. Does that mean there will actually be 13 planes with different paint jobs in series II?

Aichi D3A Val x 4 paint schemes
    Dewoitine D.520 x 4 paint schemes
    Hawker Hurricane Mk.I/II x 4 paint schemes
    Junkers Ju87 B-2 x 4 paint schemes
    Junkers Ju87 R-2 x 1 paint scheme

Fantastic! I think FFG should create a subscription service, so that I can have all the planes delivered to my house when they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Andrea, thanks for the additional information. Does that mean there will actually be 13 planes with different paint jobs in series II?

I read that to be:

Aichi D3A Val x 3 paint schemes
    Dewoitine D.520 x 3 paint schemes
    Hawker Hurricane Mk.I/II x 3 paint schemes
    Junkers Ju87 B-2 x 2 paint schemes

12 of the "usual suspects".
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-11-2009 at 08:47.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Default BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Okay so what is the release date for these ??
    Look out world here they come. Many Stukas will be added to my collection!!!!!!!!
    Will the Stuka's come with the wailing siren when they dive?
    They look good right now.
    Last edited by Setarius; 09-10-2009 at 21:11. Reason: added question

Latest word on these was October some time.

big bald Al

love the look of the Stuka. Looks like another collection!!

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Default DoW Set 2

Uh, Col. sir, I hate to say this but, 4+4+4+4+1 does not equal 13 it equals 17. Which will be a few short of the number I actually plan to purchase for this set, but whose counting. LOL

Oh yeah, that should have been x3 for each of those. lol

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

Very impressive models. i love the Stuka and the Val, it will be lovely to play some bombing with them. Despite i'm not a big fan of it i would have liked to see the dauntless in this set, just to give the Allies players a bomber miniature.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post

Please notice that the Stuka will come in two versions. The Ju 87 B-2 will be provided in two color schemes for the German Luftwaffe: one for the Battle of Britain and one for North Africa. It will have a huge bomb under the fuselage and 4 smaller ones under the wings. The Ju 87 R-2, long distance variant of the previous, will be featured in the colors of the Italian Regia Aeronautica, from the units attacking Malta: it will have only the huge bomb under the fuselage, while the small ones under the wings will be replaced by disposeable extra fuel tanks (for which rules are provided in Fire from the Sky and in the DeLuxe rulebook).
    How come no Italian planes? No Folgore? As I understand, the game was developed by Italian staff.

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

I imagine that they give preference to the most popular planes in each front. It's a pity minor nations don't get the share. I would love to see some chinese models (like the ones featured on Last Biplanes).

Maybe they will... but for now it is possible they cover the representative planes. I am sure that everybody would buy a Macchi Folgore, it was an outstanding beautiful plane in reality

Prego ragazzi, per futuro, il Folgore! MiG, Sturmovik, Heinkel, Focke Wulf, Savoya Marchetti, IAR, avanti!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    How come no Italian planes? No Folgore? As I understand, the game was developed by Italian staff.
    The question of how they chose which planes to make into miniatures is one of the interview questions I'm asking Andrea. Watch for that some time next week

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Well!I can't wait for the Hurricanes, although a couple of Stukas won't go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    I read that to be:

Aichi D3A Val x 3 paint schemes
    Dewoitine D.520 x 3 paint schemes
    Hawker Hurricane Mk.I/II x 3 paint schemes
    Junkers Ju87 B-2 x 2 paint schemes

12 of the "usual suspects".
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Will the Stuka's come with the wailing siren when they dive?
    No, you will have to do the sound with your mouth - the same as for the engine, the machinegun and the explosion special damage.

Latest word on these was October some time.
    We were not satisfied of the fusion samples, so they are a bit delayed. In october the Deluxe will come instead, for sure (it is already sailing the seas).

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    I am sure that everybody would buy a Macchi Folgore, it was an outstanding beautiful plane in reality
    It will come, with the quicker fighters in the future. You will also get Reggiane Re.2001 in Series 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravitypool View Post
    It's a pity minor nations don't get the share. I would love to see some chinese models (like the ones featured on Last Biplanes).
    Just to start you will have a Curtiss P-40 E with Chinese markings (but American volunteer pilot) in Series 3...

Thanks everybody for your attention,

Andrea

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

Andrea spoke words of wisdom. And we are grateful for that. You know how to keep us interested

It's always great to hear from the game designers. That is one feedback that shows us they... care for their customers.

cordiali saluti,

Well, you are gamers before being customers. And gamers are what make the game great: without all that gamers are doing to make WoW alive and growing, it would have been just another little gamette amog tens of thousands. So I care... because you do.

Thanks everybody!

Smile

Correct! No, you will have to do the sound with your mouth - the same as for the engine, the machinegun and the explosion special damage.
    LOL!!!

Now I don't feel so bad for doing mock strafing runs on my wife!!!

Just to start you will have a Curtiss P-40 E with Chinese markings (but American volunteer pilot) in Series 3...
    YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

What Pilot? Tex Hill, or Boyington maybe!?!

What about the P-39, any chance of seeing it soon? There are A LOT of aircraft junkies out there (other than me), you guys are going to make a killing ($$$$$) on the minis alone, IMHO!

Andrea, you and your game made all of this possible, so THANKS to you - from one little ole' airplane junkie here in the states!

Might I make a suggestion as to one of the "other" 2 P-40s?

This would be a good one, Col. Robert L. Scott's "Old Exterminator", that I was lucky enough to catch flying in to The Last Roundup of Mustang Legends air show here in Columbus in 2007. (Great book too, God Is My CoPilot)

Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-21-2009 at 19:38.

He will be Tex Hill.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Smile

He will be Tex Hill.
    Nice...good pick!

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Anytime!

(Do you take bribes!?!)

Another series of minis I won't be able to live without. I like the looks of all four.

PVT64

Default New Minis

I'm so glad to see the D520. I always love the non run of the mill aircraft. I want to see Italians too.

looking forward to seeing the Stukas and the Hurricanes bring them on....

Hope the Russian IL2 comes out as well want some of them....Also the Mustang and would it be great as well to get a P-38 Lighting as well.....

And greetings from New Zealand nice to find a decent forum board that also has the Game Designers making posts....great to see that two communication from player to designers....

Cheers
    GW

Greywolf, have a look at the interview with Andrea. It will give you some insight on some of the upcoming aircraft questions you have been asking.

Greywolf, have a look at the interview with Andrea. It will give you some insight on some of the upcoming aircraft questions you have been asking.
    ok will thx for the heads up still working my way through the site and whats to offer.... thx for all of the help to Col. Hajj

Cheers
    GW

Default Series 2 update (Val sighting!)

Just received these from Andrea. These are new card backgrounds by Dario Calě.

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manov Ser II.JPG   Takahashi.JPG  

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

Wow, very cool backgrounds!

Yipee! A Val! Will these be in a booster pack?

Series 2 miniatures: 3 Hurricanes, 3 Devoitine, 3 Stuka, 3 Val.

Two Vals are already in "Fire from the Sky" as cards, with all the rules for dive bombing. The same rules are also in the soon released WW2 Deluxe box. The Series 2 miniatures will include the two Vals in FftS and this third one, quite variated in the color scheme thanks to the orange fuselage. This one was in the first wave of attack at Pearl Harbor, from the Shokaku carrier.
    The other two are from the Kaga carrier. One had Makino & Sukida as crew: it was shot down by George Welch and crashed at 711 Neal Avenue, Wahiawa (Welch's P.40 card is also in FftS). The other was manned by Yamakawa & Nakata.
    Last edited by Angiolillo; 10-07-2009 at 07:56.

These are from Series 2 Miniatures. In the past, all miniatures have also had a straight card version as well. So, I'd assume at some point this will be in a booster or box set as a card.

I'm excited for the Val mini! Looks like a good opportunity to knock together a fleet defense scenario...

These are from Series 2 Miniatures. In the past, all miniatures have also had a straight card version as well. So, I'd assume at some point this will be in a booster or box set as a card.
    This is a good guess. But I am not 100% sure. In the past, miniatures came from already published cards. But with WW2, sometime we do not have enough of them. We do three paint schemes for each miniature, but for example we only had two A6M2 Reisen and we had to add a third one when we did the series 1 miniatures, and a fourth for the Deluxe box. For that one we also needed a fourth Wildact/Martlet, and even a Bf.109E with a bomb for some non-dogfight scenarios. So we used plane types that were already on the cards, just with color schemes that were not. Those will be in a booster if one will be released for those planes, but it is not as urgent as if we released miniatures without doing the cards first.

Thing that we actually did with the Nieuport 16 (in Balloon Busters), another plane that probably will sneak into a booster sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith13 View Post
    I'm excited for the Val mini! Looks like a good opportunity to knock together a fleet defense scenario...
    Yes, as this one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/442709

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

Today i saw a Val from a pc game (Combat Wings: Pacific) with an awesome color scheme. It was grayish black with an orange coloured tail. I don't know which regiment belonged to but if we're not getting any of those i most surely will be repainting one for myself.

Anyways, how about the delays? do we have to look forward to see them before years end?

Looking good....can't wait for some more Vals from WoW. My Wildcats need more targets.

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

I took a pic of the black Val for the remote case Angiolino likes it and wants to rethink one color scheme or two.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...&pictureid=975

Too late for rethinking, production shouild be going on in these days.

Jusdt be carfeul that we are making the D3A1 version, the early one at Pearl Harbor. They were tipically grey, even if with variations. Looking around you could see very different color schemes but for later versions.

It is the same for the A6M2 Reisen. They were mostly gray. To feature a green one in the deluxe, we choosed a plane that was still in service later in the war.

with these new minis coming out....

who do they decide will be the pilots?

I for one would like to see Hans-Ulrich Rudel done as one of the Stuka pilots

he was the most highly decorated German servicemen in the war.

Ju 87 G-2 "Kanonenvogel" with its twin Bordkanone BK 3.7, 37 mm guns.

just an idea.

Cheers
    GW

NB: I do not support or condone the Nazi war effort in WWII but simply admire determination and guts it took to be a Stuka dive bomber pilot. The Stuka is my all time favorite fighter plane of WWII in fact this is how I would list my top 6:

1 Stuka Ju 87 A-D & Stuka Ju 87 G [anti-tank]
    2 Messerschmitt Bf 109 & Me 109
    3 Supermarine Spitfire
    4 P-51 Mustang
    5 Hawker Hurricane
    6 P-38 Lightning

Pilots are picked based off of several things. Being one of the top aces, the country they flew for, any heroic activities, Andrea's personal like for them. lol A lot of it also has to do with how much information there is on that pilot and what their research turns up.

Pilots are picked based off of several things. Being one of the top aces, the country they flew for, any heroic activities, Andrea's personal like for them. lol A lot of it also has to do with how much information there is on that pilot and what their research turns up.
    that's great.... well I might have to do a repaint on one of the stukas then if he's not one of the chosen pilots.

then all I have to do is wait for the Russian planes so I can then organize a Russian front campaign....

I really enjoy doing the research into a unit, or character in a army, squad etc. [I did alot of that when I played Flames of War and DBA] It adds alot of flavour to the game and made me more interested in what I was playing/collecting.

Hence why I am now here at WWA and getting into WoW I love history and those brave souls who took to the sky to save/defend their nations.

Cheers
    GW

For the moment we have the slower Ju 87 B and R. Later on for different versions... and IL2.

For the moment we have the slower Ju 87 B and R. Later on for different versions... and IL2.
    thx for that info Angiolillo, you've made my day....

So looking forward to doing a Russian Front campaign....

Cheers
    GW

You know... Me262, for the later "jet and experimental" aircraft sets? What do you say Andrea? Also Gloster Meteor...

Are we allowed to dream?

Let me say in here that the lightning, mustang, FW190... those are a must also the Romanian IAR80 pls and the Macchi Folgeore!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Balloon Photos
    By Ritterton in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 13:44