Ares Games

Thread: Procrastinator in Eastern Iowa

Default Procrastinator in Eastern Iowa

I just welcomed another person from Iowa to the Aerodrome and then I realized I've never reported for duty.

I like both the WW1 and WW2 versions of the game although I haven't actually played a competitive game. I like collecting the miniatures from both eras and I also like painting my own warbirds; however, when I look at the beautiful aircraft/artwork that is created by members of this site I sometimes want to send some of my planes on a Kamikaze mission to the waste basket.

I have found this site and it's members to be very friendly and helpful. Thanks for all you do.

Welcome to the 'drome, Dave.

Howdy from Kansas, Dave. Glad to have you out of the shadows and into the limelight. You are right about the quality of work done by our fellow members, it can be somewhat humbling to compare our work to theirs, but remember, it can also be a great learning experience on how to improve our work!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I just welcomed another person from Iowa to the Aerodrome and then I realized I've never reported for duty.

I like both the WW1 and WW2 versions of the game although I haven't actually played a competitive game. I like collecting the miniatures from both eras and I also like painting my own warbirds; however, when I look at the beautiful aircraft/artwork that is created by members of this site I sometimes want to send some of my planes on a Kamikaze mission to the waste basket.

I have found this site and it's members to be very friendly and helpful. Thanks for all you do.
    Welcome Dave from Iowa. When it comes to paint your own practice makes perfect - it takes a bit of getting used to going from the standard 1/72 scale etc to 1/200 or even 1/144.

I hope we get to see some of your work in the future.

Cheers,

Carl.

Welcome to the 'drome Dave from a sunny East Sussex in England today

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Howdy Dave and welcome from Phoenix, Arizona.

Welcome to the 'drome!

Welcome to the 'drome Dave.

Better late than never Capt. Caveman. Do not dispair wth your efforts...bad paint jobs are steps on the way to perfection. I really like your image/idea of the Kimakase 1/200 scale plane flying into the waste basket, funny one!

Welcome from central Illinois, Dave.

Welcome from Pensacola Florida!

GeorgeB509

Welcome from Jacksonville Florida.

Always great to have another Hawkeye on board!

On behalf of the rest of the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, a somewhat belated welcome to the Drome Dave.
    No need to show you the way to the bar then!
    Rob.

Hello Dave, welcome to the group!!!

Thank you for the kind words and warm welcome. The "belated" welcomes are especially appropriate .

I'm a little late to the party. Welcome aboard Dave.

Thomas

Similar Missions

1. National: Reporting for duty (Iowa wing)
    By Shadow14_8 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 08:47
  2. Another Fatal Crash - L-39 Delfín in Iowa, USA
    By Watchdog in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 15:18