Ares Games

Thread: Le Prier Rocket sequence

Default Le Prier Rocket sequence

We recently did our first Balloon Buster mission with Le Prier Rockets. It was great fun. One question did arise though. Can a plane that is on fire still shoot rockets? The rules say that the plane can take no special damage during the two turn firing sequence. What happens when the fire cause the plane to draw a damage card with or with out a special damage type on it?

I think the rules say that you can't shoot your Guns when you shoot with the rockets.

Shhoting rockets when the plane is on fire is no problem. There is no rule against that. At least no rule I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Niemandsland View Post
    I think the rules say that you can't shoot your Guns when you shoot with the rockets.
    Andrea has clarified that you can not shoot your guns on the round that you fire the rockets (as in the first straight/stall maneuver you preform), but you can fire your guns on the round after (as in the second straight/stall maneuver you preform).

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Andrea has clarified that you can not shoot your guns on the round that you fire the rockets (as in the first straight/stall maneuver you preform), but you can fire your guns on the round after (as in the second straight/stall maneuver you preform).
    Sorry this morning i don't sleep much and I completly misunderstood this question. So just forget my answer

Hmmm. I'd play it that a plane on fire that fulfilled all the other conditions for the two phases rocket fire requires would still hit, regardless of fire damage cards, as cards drawn for Fire damage (other than the one that started the fire, of course ) don't do Special Damage (other than explosions).

charlest

Quote Originally Posted by IRM View Post
    Hmmm. I'd play it that a plane on fire that fulfilled all the other conditions for the two phases rocket fire requires would still hit, regardless of fire damage cards, as cards drawn for Fire damage (other than the one that started the fire, of course ) don't do Special Damage (other than explosions).
    I'm not sure the fact that special damage is ignored when drawing for fire matters. If you draw an observer hit and you don't have an observer your rockets still miss.

I don't think that's the same case IMO. It's not that you IGNORE Special Damage results, but that the cards only COUNT as damage points when checking for fire damage (except the explosion card of course).

BTW, in the Deluxe Rules your pilot gets wounded if you draw an observer hit card and don't have one (or on the 3 damage wounded card if you do).

I think IRM is right. If you draw damage cards because you are on fire you just look for the point value (and the explosion). Therefore only beeing shot at can deal special damage.