Ares Games
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aerodrome get together

Triples is normally May has it changed for next year ?
    Sept is Colours in Newbury normally

As I can't vouch for not having an S.K. event in August, I plump for Sept 20-21 for my first choice of date.
    Rob.

September 20/21 - will hopefully avoid Colours. Bank holiday is a no-go for me due to family commitments (none yet, but I just know what the reaction would be if I were to announce I was away the BH weekend)

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Triples is normally May has it changed for next year ?
    Sept is Colours in Newbury normally
    Sorry - I meant Derby

Quote Originally Posted by PilGrim View Post
    Sorry - I meant Derby
    Derby this year is the 28th and 29th of September. They have moved the date to a week earlier than last year.
    Rob.

I can be available for any date - and more than willing to assist in any way I can - especially as I am 'Johnny on the Spot' so to speak

My Preference would be Sept. 27th/28th. the Oct. date is a definite no as it clashes with my better half's birthday.

If my Op goes well (15th Aug so far) and I'm up and about, I have the offer of a lift to Derby. Will only be able to make 1 day though.

Sorry I'm confused - are we talking this year or next?

In theory I'm ok as long as it doesnt clash with a show or the weekend of the 22nd Sept (SWMBOs Birthday)

Quote Originally Posted by PilGrim View Post
    Sorry I'm confused - are we talking this year or next?

In theory I'm ok as long as it doesnt clash with a show or the weekend of the 22nd Sept (SWMBOs Birthday)
    Next year Ken.
    Neil is talking about Derby i think.
    Rob.

Think we are talking about this year for Derby, next year (2014) for the Doncaster event. I can certainly make Derby but probably only on one of the days

What are the dates for Derby this year.

Quote Originally Posted by armstrongjohn1 View Post
    What are the dates for Derby this year.
    Hi Mark.
    As I said in an earlier post, Derby this year is the 28th and 29th of September. They have moved the date to a week earlier than last year.
    Rob.

The proposed get to tether in Doncaster is for 2014. The 100 year anniversary of the Great War.
    We are down forvDerby this year waiting final details.

Got that Chris, I was just wondering if I could make it to Derby this year.

Quote Originally Posted by armstrongjohn1 View Post
    Got that Chris, I was just wondering if I could make it to Derby this year.
    Ok Mark my comment for 2014 was for Pilgrim

Yep, sorry. Derby this year might make either day but not both will confirm closer to date of show.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Next year Ken.
    Neil is talking about Derby i think.
    Rob.

As I really want to join you chaps in Doncaster next year, would you find a real date chaps, please?

UK chaps, I mentioned the potential for a UK National Day in Donnie whilst I was at Summer Con. several of our European chums are keen to come along and were very keen to hear when we can confirm a date.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    UK chaps, I mentioned the potential for a UK National Day in Donnie whilst I was at Summer Con. several of our European chums are keen to come along and were very keen to hear when we can confirm a date.
    I am one of them. Reporting in!

Well this might sound interesting... Getting curious for the date as well. Maybe and with some luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post
    Well this might sound interesting... Getting curious for the date as well. Maybe and with some luck...
    +1 (actually, +2, as I created the monster )

Can't wait it will be awesome to get the chance to have a European presence - hands across the water etc. I volunteer to be pub guide in the evening (well of the ones I haven't been banned from - only joking)

As more of our friends across the water suggest they might come to a 'Get Together' my thoughts that it was a bit too far from Somerset for a game are starting to look a bit silly. I may have think again, after all Yorkshire is not the end of the world especially as I am a Yorkshireman.
    Don

Iwill be pushing a date forward on Monday, I 'm on days this weekend, watch Monday please chaps

Good, lets get a date set and work from there. It would be great to get our European brethren there too. Now lets just hope its on my weekend off and not on. (If I ever get back to work that is!)

I've been out of the loop for a while but I'd love to attend the gathering in Doncaster but I'll confirm nearer the time, as for Derby I'd love to attend and have a catch up with you fine gentlemen

Anything planned for Derby this year? I'm playing in the Impetus competition but may be able to escape for a half hour or so

What would be the easiest way for a european member to get there? I've seen Doncaster is about a 7h drive for me from Belgium but given they drive at the wrong side of the road () in England I would like an easier and safer option.

If already dropped a line with SWMBO but she won't bite. A bit of work needs to be done to comply with the approval requirements

Rotterdam to Hull? Chek the crossings but anyone that goes to Hull would be close for you.

You may be able to take a flight into Doncaster Robin Hood airport or into Leeds/Bradford airport, Tomatchef.

Ok chaps, we really need to get this one going otherwise we could loose the venue and participants to other shows.
    I did not carry on with the date elimination as only one date seemed to be tales about , except the one I said.
    So shall we agree to 20 & 21 Sept 2014 for the National get together Wigs of Glory Aerodrome

How's that sound to all, UK members , Euroean members and anyone else who can make it ?

OK for me, depending on work shifts, but if I know in advance I can book them off

Date is fine, but I don't have a wig. Can I still come?

Are we going to have a court hearing there as well? Who is going to play as defendant? The one who use incendiary ammo?

It goes with a Wig Wham Bam.. As the song says

Anyone caught using inflamatory bullets should be in the dock.....Whigs are voluntary and should be used quite Liberally so as not to Labour the point or confusticate the issue so we can all get our s-Tories straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Are we going to have a court hearing there as well? Who is going to play as defendant? The one who use incendiary ammo?

Apologies Chris forgot to add, the dates are fine with me too.

If you are short of hair just bring a rabbit instead Dave.
    Rob.

Some things are already planned on those days so I won't even try to convince SWMBO. Sorry chaps I won't be able to join you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post
    Some things are already planned on those days so I won't even try to convince SWMBO. Sorry chaps I won't be able to join you.

Wow Thomas, you plan a long way ahead. I am still planning for the end of this year.
    Really sorry you can't make the 2013 event, but if it comes off well we may be able to repeat it just likr the Prague one.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Rob, 2013 or 2014

I believe it is next year Andy.

On the 17th of the seventh, Chris posted this:-

The proposed get together in Doncaster is for 2014. The 100 year anniversary of the Great War.
    We are down for Derby this year waiting final details.

I think we are a bit too late to arrange it for this year.

Rob.

So really now if all happy with that date we need a show of hands so we can look at pricing the venue, how many tables etc.

Count me in for 1

I should be ok for that weekend.

As you already know, I'm in. Kyte will probably tag along.
    Rob.

Ah so it's for next year! Well that changes things a bit. Will have to start negotiations with SWMBO. I'll keep you updated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW1 Aerodrome Map
    By Stormkahn in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 17:47