Ares Games
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aerodrome get together

Maybe we should be thinking more about October, whether that is this year or next. We already have Colours and Derby in September and it appears that October is free, at least for this year.

Oct this year is a dodgy month , its the 25year of my slave... I mean my 25th Wedding Aniverssary to my lovely SWMBO, yes she was stood near me .
    But I still think numbers are needed, location and date
    I don't want to clog up the polls as this is a Uk only venue, not to stop others coming though.

So how about a cut and past here. Cut and paste te format below and add details, we can run for a few weeks to check the responces

Name. Forum name. Wanting to Attend. Location. Date
    Chris. Boney10. Yes. Doncaster Air Museum Late Sept 2014

Stuart. Lord Flashheart. Yes. 2.5 hrs driving time from Malvern. Any except early Sept.

Stuart. Lord Flashheart. Yes. 2.5 hrs driving time from Malvern. Any except early Sept.
    David (Manley) Yes 3 hrs to Donny is fine if its a weekend event - pretty relaxed on dates

David (Manley) Yes 3 hrs to Donny is fine if its a weekend event - pretty relaxed on dates
    Richard. RJB. Yes. relaxed on location and dates. Doncaster sounds good

Mark. armstrongjohn1.Yes. Doncaster is ok. Late Sept. early Oct is good.

Richard Itchy yes Doncaster any
    Steven Lord Buffington yes Doncaster any weekend or school holiday

Name Forum name Wanting to Attend Location. Date
    Steve Guntruck Yes Not fussed Any except Late September, first week in November

I have let Tracy at the museum know that we are very interested in using the museum and 90% certian its 2014 and possibly Sept just so they keep us penned in ,but nothing confirmed at all.

Well only nine names showing interest in this.

yes, come on chaps. Attrahendam digitum tuum ex, as my Latin teacher probably never said

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    ... Attrahendam digitum tuum ex...
    I couldn't do better after so many (too many) years since I studied our ancient language, but gives me the impression of a sentence pronounced in a Latin known beyond the Vallum Aelium .

However, better than my English ...quod erat demostrandum !

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Sounds great from my point of view. With the airport as well, I wonder if we could attract any interest from our European compatriots?
    Rob.
    Yes you can
    Where should I land then?
    There is one problem that bothers me: I will not dare to rent a car and drive on the left side...

Andrzej Sieradzki "Nightbomber"
    Want to attend.
    Ticket to Doncaster: approximately 150€.
    Time: Fall 2013?

Neil. Skafloc. Yes. Doncaster Air Museum. Late Sept 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Yes you can
    Where should I land then?
    There is one problem that bothers me: I will not dare to rent a car and drive on the left side...
    I,m sure if you are putting that much effort into getting here I could meet you at the airport and get you to your hotel and the museum .

Sorry for the late response, but I could well be up for it... date dependant, as I am expecting a baby in August.

If your flying into Newcastle I could meet and give you a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post

Great to know, Neil, it gives me more options

This is great news Andrzej.
    We are only half an hours run from East Midlands Airport, so that may give you another option.
    Rob.

How soon are we to picking a date?

I don't exclude the idea of ​​a touch and go for the pleasure of knowing you and your legendary Wing Leader! It would be great!

Attilio

Good news, Attilio.
    With a little help from our UK members we can get there.
    I hope other chaps from the Continent would come as well.
    The earlier we know the date, the lower fares to Doncaster or any other nearby airport we can find

Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    I don't exclude the idea of ​​a touch and go for the pleasure of knowing you and your legendary Wing Leader! It would be great!

Attilio
    Music to my ears old friend.
    We must plan something around this event.
    Rob.

Yes we must. I suggest we paint the town red after a gaming day!

Chris. Happy Yes. Doncaster Air Museum Sept

The nearest airport is surely Doncaster Robin Hood Airport.

DONCASTER AIR MUSEUM would be awesome - nice place tucked away (with real planes - all be it not many, but would certainly add to the ambience) - good parking, local amenities (i.e pubs) and I could actually walk to the venue - so not at all biased

You are expecting a baby in August !! - I must say you are hiding it well Hayden

After some deliberation, we have decided to go for Doncaster for next year as little interest has been forthcoming for one this year.
    Hopefully, we can elicit more interest given that time span.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 03-11-2013 at 03:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    You are expecting a baby in August !! - I must say you are hiding it well Hayden
    May have to exchange the Aerodrome shirt for a maternity dress perhaps lol

Would definately like to do another show, as WMMS was great fun!

After some deliberation, we have decided to go for Doncaster for next year as little interest has been forthcoming for one this year.
    Rob.
    I'll be ready, then.

I live within walking distance (but not quite post pub staggering distance) of the Air Museum so can certainly act as 'Johnny on the spot' for any liaison work etc. just e-mail me if any help needed - feels appropriate that I assist in some way as am the nearest (and think this was partly my idea in the first place)

As it now looks like this is going to be next year - what about the 'Yorkshire Squadron' having some sort of local affair (the sooner the better)- anyone know a pub with a suitable 'games' room we could use - could think of worse ways to spend a Sunday for instance ?

Rob.
    Alas a good decision. I wonder if the southern contingent might think about alocal event down here in a few months time? I recall Chris had some ideas......

If we could decide on definate numbers and date before the end of this year ,say for about August I can make a definate booking and confirm price etc , it books up pretty quickly june ,july and august are fully booked for the next three years.

Quote Originally Posted by itchy View Post
    If we could decide on definate numbers and date before the end of this year ,say for about August I can make a definate booking and confirm price etc , it books up pretty quickly june ,july and august are fully booked for the next three years.
    Start a new thread then Richard, and we will see how much interest we get.
    Rob.

Guarded enthusiasm here - sounds like a good idea and Donny is close enough

So to bring this to the fore again, for the DoncasterShow how does a date in mid late Sept 2014 sound ?
    The big show around this time is Newbury I think so we could put on our get together between Newbury and Derby.
    How's this sound so we can get the venue

Sounds good to me.

Once again, it depends on the date - I'm in Arnhem towards the back end of September.

I shall check dates and post a day tomorrow evening,then we will take it from there

Sounds perfect - as I live in the town, let me now I can best help bring this to pass

Ok chaps
    Pick one of the following weekends in 2014, if we don't this will not get off the ground. All weekends so intention isplay Sat &Sun, eat and drink on the Sat night, pack up 5 ish on Sunday to get home
    These details we can work on, for the moment date and venue to be Doncaster Airport/ museum

Aug 23 & 24
    Aug 30 & 31 (think this may well be August bank holiday)
    Sept 20 & 21
    Sept 27 & 28
    Oct 25 & 26

5 date choices, next Monday I will drop the last two dates with no interest, the Monday the next least interest and week after the next least interested date. This will leave us with a date to work on and a year to organise.

My preference would be Aug 30 & 31 , if a bank holiday we finish Sunday and roads should be empty as most people will be travelling on the Monday, well that's my theory.
    Over to you chaps

I am not the one whose preferences should be taken into account by no means, chaps, but If I were to choose, I would say any Sep/Oct dates are much better, for August is the vacation month and some of the possible participants may be away or preparing kids for school term. Just 2 humble pennies/cents

Try to avoid Sept 27/28 as I suspect this will clash with Sheffield Triples

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW1 Aerodrome Map
    By Stormkahn in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 17:47