Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 1/144 WWI Manufacturer!

Quote Originally Posted by Lino22 View Post
    Guys i have their Fokker DVII. Would you be interested in a photo presentation, or someone else has already done that?
    Would love to see it Jan, as the owner of a hanger full of DVII's I don't imagine I'll be hunting these down, but one never knows . . .

All right i will do it tomorrow in a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino22 View Post
    Guys i have their Fokker DVII. Would you be interested in a photo presentation, or someone else has already done that?
    Jan,
    Not seen elsewhere (there was a link posted to another site, but most people didn't have access), so yes, very interested in seeing a photo presentation please.
    BofB

Can anyone help me with the etched parts on the Valom Fokker D.VII kit.
    It appears from the instruction sheet that some of the brass strut work has to be folded i.e there are double ended arrows on a curved logo which I am assuming is an instruction to fold.
    Has any body done this and can you explain more fully what I am supposed to fold.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated as despite along time model making this is my first kit with etched parts.
    Reg

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    It appears from the instruction sheet that some of the brass strut work has to be folded i.e there are double ended arrows on a curved logo which I am assuming is an instruction to fold.
    Has any body done this and can you explain more fully what I am supposed to fold.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated as despite along time model making this is my first kit with etched parts.
    Reg
    No strut folding needed. I am building one also . The mp1 struts I attached to top wing long leg to rear. The mp4 attached to lower wing. when all glue is dry attach upper wing an adjust struts as required then you can add mp2 and 3. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Reg
    Hi Reg

The only etched part to be folded is the tail skid; this is complete madness if the plane is for game play, not display.
    Personally, I have avoided this in the four Valom DVIIs I have built; I cut a 5mm length off the end of a used staple, bent it to shape and glued it into a small hole drilled in the underside of the fuselage. Four such staple ends are available on each Reviresco Decal Set I have purchased.

I also avoided using the cockpit levers; inserting a pilot figure makes such levers invisible, and ,therefore, unnecessary.

Good luck with your build. The Valom kits are fiddly, but VERY satisfying when completed.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Hi Reg

The only etched part to be folded is the tail skid; this is complete madness if the plane is for game play, not display.
    Personally, I have avoided this in the four Valom DVIIs I have built; I cut a 5mm length off the end of a used staple, bent it to shape and glued it into a small hole drilled in the underside of the fuselage. Four such staple ends are available on each Reviresco Decal Set I have purchased.

I also avoided using the cockpit levers; inserting a pilot figure makes such levers invisible, and ,therefore, unnecessary.

Good luck with your build. The Valom kits are fiddly, but VERY satisfying when completed.
    Thank you Darrell and Tim for your help in this. I was confused by the fact that I knew the Tail skid needed to be folded but some of the other items on the instruction sheet had the same double ended arrow logo as the skid.
    I will now proceed with more confidence.
    Reg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Suggestion for the Manufacturer of the Miniatures
    By Mike W in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 11:07
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 10:28
  3. BLUERPINTS OF 1,968 WWII AIRPLANES, GROUPED BY MANUFACTURER
    By usmc1855 in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6