Ares Games

Thread: Greetings messmates

G4George

Default Greetings messmates

Just saying hello from the small village of Black Torrington in Darkest Devon.

I moved to Devon in 2012, escaping from Surrey after being made redundant. Funnily, for me this is one of the best things that has ever happened !

Well I have been interested in military aviation as long as I can remember, growing up with comics and films that both sparked my interest and fired my imagination. I seem to lean towards the Pacific theatre in WW2 and find carrier battles fascinating. However I find all air combat fascinating- WW1 and WW2.

I have been wargaming since I was 11 in 1973 and have dabbled with most periods and theatres, often more than once! I used to play a lot of the old Avalon Hill game Airforce and played other miniature air combat games in the dim and distant past when I used to live in Middlesbrough and was a member of a club.

I have a particular interest in WW2 gaming, and play both board games and with miniatures. I own far more games and models than I should and have not even played half the games I own (over 200). I suppose I am more collector than player.

I own Wings of Glory WW1, Dawn of War and Fire from the sky. (As well as lots of other air combat games) I have some miniatures for both and hope to play soon, I have no excuse now, I have the time, I have the toys and a regular board game playing chum who is willing to have a go.

What more can I say...I like modelling and painting (reading glasses have really helped with this !) and think I may well pick up some 1/200 kits to cover things like the P38 (my favourite) and more Pacific theatre stuff. Who knows I may even get to play a game at some point!

Chocks away!

George Bell

Howdy from across the pond, George. Its great to have an experienced gaming hand like yourself here at the 'Drome. Stow your gear and I'll meet you for a round at the Officer's Mess.

On behalf of the rest of the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome George.
    There is always room on the Drome for Ground Staff Officers, and I'm sure you will find the Officers' Mess very congenial. Do pop in for a dram and a chinwag.
    Rob.

Welcome to the 'drome George from a soggy east Sussex - good to see you in the circuit !

Greetings from not so sunny, or warm, Northumberland. Welcome to the UK wing. Fly with pride and cover yourself in glory.

Neil

Welcome George from across the pond. You've picked a great time to join, with all the new releases from Ares going full tilt!

Welcome to the Drome from Taunton.
    Maybe we will meet up at Legionary in Exeter this year if you go.
    There was a Wings of Glory participation game last year.
    Don

Hello George, and welcome to the 'drome from a wet and windy Kent

Welcome from Italy, George! Welcome aboard!

Attilio

Mickowenuk's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Mick
    Sorties Flown

Welcome from another recent arrival.I touched down only a few days ago myself. Nice not to be the new boy any more.

Welcome George, see you down the mess matey

Thumbs up

G'day George! Welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    Seeing your main interest is in WW2 you might like to check out the pics in the Australian Wing section from the demo/participation games of WW2 WoG at Cancon which was held last weekend (our Australia Day holiday weekend)

Enjoy your visits here & your aerial gaming.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, George, from here in Norwich.

G4George

This post has been removed because I should have sent a PM and instead replied to thread!!
    Last edited by G4George; 01-30-2013 at 05:07. Reason: Cock up!

G4George

Default I salute you!

I just wanted to say how nice it is to be welcomed this way!!

What a very friendly bunch you are.

George

Sunny Devon

Welcome, George, from central Illinois.