Ares Games

Thread: Need help with Jacobs Fokker Dvii

Default Need help with Jacobs Fokker Dvii

Hi all,

I am about to embark on painting both Josef Jacobs Fokker Dri and Fokker Dvii. I think I have the Tripe nutted out, but I am looking for some help with the Dvii.

Firstly, Under-wings: black, sky blue, lozenge?

Secondly, crosses: standard black with white outlines on top wing and underside of lower wing, or solid white?

Thanks, I have seen pictures of all of the above, sometimes (confusingly) in different combinations, which probably rules out different paint schemes in different time periods (at least to my mind)

Any help appreciated!

Nigel.
    Quite a few chaps have done Jacobs so you should get plenty of help. In the meantime I can quote you from Osprey Fokker D VII Aces Part Two.

Jacobs Fokker "streaky" cammo fuselage has been painted over in Jasta 7 black. The aircraft initially retained it's printed fabric finish on the wings, but it was probably eventually painted all black as were other Fokkers in this unit.
    Sorry I can't give you more on this.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Nigel.
    Quite a few chaps have done Jacobs so you should get plenty of help. In the meantime I can quote you from Osprey Fokker D VII Aces Part Two.

Jacobs Fokker "streaky" cammo fuselage has been painted over in Jasta 7 black. The aircraft initially retained it's printed fabric finish on the wings, but it was probably eventually painted all black as were other Fokkers in this unit.
    Sorry I can't give you more on this.
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob, I red this on the net somewhere. I suspect that some of the variations I saw on the net are artistic licence to relieve some of all that black. I don't mind all-over black - must be some goth in me somewhere. I think I will go with black over-all & solid white crosses.

Similar Missions

1. WSF fokker DVII
    By Boney10 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 04:21
  2. Fokker DVII Trade
    By petho22 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 20:22
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 14:51
  4. Fokker DVII
    By Linz in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 18:45
  5. Recent Purchases - Fokker DVII (Goering) and Fokker DVII (Schafer)
    By Dwarflord22 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 00:53