Ares Games

Thread: Series 1 Good News Bad News

Default Series 1 Good News Bad News

Good news - I tracked down my parcel form 12-7, hiding out at the local Parcel Farce depot as they had forgotten to try to deliver it or leave a card. got charged import tax but I was expecting that.

Bad news - three planes missing from the order (all of the Von Hippel Albatri), and because the import tax is based on the declaration, and the declaration was for 16 models I got charged for the missing models too!

So, over to 12-7 to sort this little lot out without me being charged tax for a second time on those!

btw, its been a long, crap day so I won't be unboxing and looking at the new crates until tomorrow. However it does mean we'll have the newbies for the Penarth Show on Saturday (standfast von Hippel of course!)

I think you will enjoy your new arrivals. There always seems to be something that goes wrong but things work out in the end.

Bill at 12-7 is, even as I type, sorting things out. Can't ask more than that

That is really bad of Parcel Farce, and a bit worrying because mine from the Oberst have not arrived either, and when I tried to check the tracking number the reply was not traceable.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Good news - I tracked down my parcel form 12-7, hiding out at the local Parcel Farce depot
    Tsk, tsk; and this from the defender of the Royal Mail only last month!

Hope it all gets resolved satisafctorily.

gwag

Hi Chaps,

Ordered mine on the 14th from The Oberst. Arrived yesterday with no problems.Already on the table having a test flight!!!

Cheers

Gerry

gwag

Good news - I tracked down my parcel form 12-7, hiding out at the local Parcel Farce depot as they had forgotten to try to deliver it or leave a card. got charged import tax but I was expecting that.

Bad news - three planes missing from the order (all of the Von Hippel Albatri), and because the import tax is based on the declaration, and the declaration was for 16 models I got charged for the missing models too!

So, over to 12-7 to sort this little lot out without me being charged tax for a second time on those!

btw, its been a long, crap day so I won't be unboxing and looking at the new crates until tomorrow. However it does mean we'll have the newbies for the Penarth Show on Saturday (standfast von Hippel of course!)
    Managed to avoid import tax on mine both from The Oberst and from Noble Knight Games. 12 models in each parcel. Guess I must have been lucky!!!

Cheers

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    Tsk, tsk; and this from the defender of the Royal Mail only last month!
    Yeah, I know. Bloody typical, isn't it? But then its been that kind of day, Crap, crap, crap.

I've had a couple of reports that orders to the UK are taking a bit longer. I've also seen several that went straight though.

Recently ordered 7 minis and the WoG ruleset from 12-7-Games. Order arrived promptly here in Coquitlam, B.C.
    Last edited by BobRoberts; 01-25-2013 at 22:28. Reason: new information

Bill at 12-7 is, even as I type, sorting things out. Can't ask more than that
    Bill at 12-7 is a stand up guy. I'm sure it will work out.

Bills customer service is top notch Dave. I'm staggered FOK hasn't had his kites from the Oberst; got my pair of LvR last week, repainted one & already swapped them for a brace of Kempfs !

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Bills customer service is top notch Dave. I'm staggered FOK hasn't had his kites from the Oberst; got my pair of LvR last week, repainted one & already swapped them for a brace of Kempfs !
    On Monday I intend to decend upon my local Parcel Farce Delivery Office, with a spot of mild reproof.
    Rob.

My order from Keith arrived today. Was worrying about it as 2 parcels from U.S. went 'missing' over Christmas, and still haven't found out what happened to them. Royal Fail/Parcel Farce being useless in tracking them despite both tracked via Customs to the post office.

My two from the Oberst arrived Friday morning, Ive touched up the slots in the wings now.
    Damned dissapointedabout the Hipple Albatross was so looking forward to adding to my Jasta 5... yes Im sad I know.
    Like the coadou & Stackards camel, well after putting on the sunglasses, will be getting the matt varnish out tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    On Monday I intend to decend upon my local Parcel Farce Delivery Office, with a spot of mild reproof.
    Take this picture with you: http://boingboing.net/2012/07/22/win...a-bathing.html .

Wave it at them, and they will be sufficiently punished.... >:)

got charged import tax but I was expecting that.
    Having to pay import taxes must really be aggravating. I've ordered a few items from the UK. Since there is no kind of tax on items coming from the UK and the I've never found shipping costs any worse than items shipped within the US, I never hesitate to buy from venders in the UK. Also shipping is usually fairly quick.

I hope you're not taking advantage of some fellah straight out of the Depot Flash. Sounds like a jolly good deal to me.

Yessss!
    Thank you Herr Oberst.

The planes arrived today without any handlng charge or customs duty on them.
    Also thank you for the flexi rubber. It will come in very useful.
    Now they have arrived, I don't care what they are like. They could be Ginger pink with green spots on for all I care.
    Rob.

Congrats on your win with the customs, Rob I'm sure they wouldn't even think of charging you when they saw the address label: "UK Wing Commander"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Congrats on your win with the customs, Rob I'm sure they wouldn't even think of charging you when they saw the address label: "UK Wing Commander"
    If only that were the case Andrzej, I would wear the uniform as well.
    Rob.

About bloomin' time they turned up - mine must've caught a tail wind !

About bloomin' time they turned up - mine must've caught a tail wind !
    I think they flew slowly because they were aware of The fearsome reputation of the Bulldogs, and the Allied planes flew slow because of the fearsome reputation of Kyte's ability to blag rounds of G&T from new recruits.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Another good news story
    By AlgyLacey in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 13:16
  2. Good News, Bad News, Good News, Uncertain News
    By spin_doctor in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 14:34
  3. Good News on EU Bomber releases
    By David Manley in forum Officer's Club