20 17.54%
  • other make I.E Aerodrome accessories

9 7.89%
  • home made

19 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consoles

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    Thanks gang. I just ordered up the Crossfire, Dogfight, and Hit and Run decks. Still need to pick up three of the decks(E,G,H) in the WYB expansion. Have about 20 planes coming in the next week or so plus some pre-ordered items that will all help to flesh out the decks I need. Hoping to hold off on any more boosters until all that comes in, then inventory what I've got. I've only been on here a short time but I must say that of all the forums I visit, this has certainly been the most pleasant. Of course once you get to know me that may change :-)
    But again, thanks all for the help, great bunch of folks here!
    I can help you out with a G and H as I have one spare of each left William.
    Send me a P.M. with your address and I'll post them on to you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Ok dudes, this is a custom console I made... took a photo & edited it with the intention for 'Show Use' for Rookie Pilots.

ShowConsolegreen.jpg

Backing it on card really does add to the game.
    Playing on WoW mats is fine in my opinion, but confusing in show/demo scenarios.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HTRAINo; 05-11-2014 at 14:01.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I do find it telling, & a bit saddening, that out of 28 respondents thus far, not ONE has voted for the WoG consoles. It was a nice gesture of them to include a console. They could have saved a couple of bucks and done without. But I'd really liked to have seen them include a little sturdier, well designed one, than one that it seems that nobody wants.

I think thats the main problem, the new ones are a bit on the flimsy side.
    I mainly use the old ones when playing away, partly because they are more robust but its also because I`ve got more of the old ones than new.
    I tend only to use the new ones in home games which usually involve fewer planes.

With the counters though, I try and use the new ones as much as possible.

To be honest I get along fine without any consoles at all.

Me to. I just put cards and markers on free spot on the gaming table, out of the way. Although, when playing with new players I always offer them to play with console.

I've got all the WoW sets and so I have a stack of consoles, but today I received the WoG Rules Set and I have to say, I see now why they are not too popular. Definitely going to have to order some of Keith's Deluxe consoles

Wings of War consoles. Why? Because I don't have any WoG... yet
    Thanks

Nick

couldnt vote as theres no "use none" category. the wog ones are worse than useless as they increase the "footprint" of a/c management while adding very little more than the cards just sitting there at the margins. i think maybe id use thw wow ones if i had any. been meaning to acquire some AA ones but whenever i have any extra $ i end up spending it on a/c instead of accessories (im weak i know)

Phillip, while you are saving up, or even if not , take a look at post 52 in this thread.
    One of the UK team has made a pretty decent console using the official WOG consoles. having seen them in the flesh as it were, I can attest to their worth and aesthetic value.
    If the UK forum he has a "how to" I think

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Phillip, while you are saving up, or even if not , take a look at post 52 in this thread.
    One of the UK team has made a pretty decent console using the official WOG consoles. having seen them in the flesh as it were, I can attest to their worth and aesthetic value.
    If the UK forum he has a "how to" I think
    if youre talking about the one pictured above, yes its quite an improvement but i still think it takes up too much space especially the way our players fly (we call it dive bombing the cards or counters)

I find consoles handy at shows. Keeps a track of where cards are being placed. Early on I lost a couple at the first shows when not using them. But I prefer the older thicker type than the new flimsy ones.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I have used the WoG consoles when I played my last 6 games. I laminated them before I used them and tell the truth I actually prefer them now to the larger thicker WoW versions. The reason I changed over from my trusty WoW consoles is that I didn't put them away properly and they all got warped which makes them very difficult to use. They are stored flat now but I will have to wait a while before the warping is reversed.

since i just aquired some wow consoles im going to start using them

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Maybe the peeps using the WoW consoles don't own the WoG one ?! I don't !!
    Only ever used the WoG ones for the same reason - I think I have 10 or 12 now, so can try a few larger engagements.
    I just line them up along the edges in what should be the unused areas of the map, but occasionally they become part of the playing field.

I prefer the Nexus Consoles for both WWI and 2, although I generally use the Oberst's if I have enough for the action being played. I have six of those for WWI, but only two as yet for WW2.
    Rob.

Old ones fit in my foam too!

I can now update my Oberst bases as I now have six for WW11 as well as the WW1 set.
    Rob.

Spot the thread Necromancer!
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 11-26-2020 at 04:29.

Old type WoW consuls, even got some which have specific planes named on them.
    Prefer the old damage decks and counters too, much easier to identify a gun jam from an engine damage on the cards.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Original Wings of Glory ones, either that or custom built ones for shows.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I prefer the older ones but tend not to use any.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I prefer the older ones but tend not to use any.
    Ditto.
    B.

I own examples of both but our group uses the older Wings of War consoles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12