Ares Games

View Poll Results: How many Nexus/Ares WWI minis to you have (including custom repaints)

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-10

13 10.32%
  • 11-20

13 10.32%
  • 21-30

17 13.49%
  • 31-40

8 6.35%
  • 41-50

14 11.11%
  • 51-60

13 10.32%
  • 61-70

10 7.94%
  • 71-80

10 7.94%
  • 81-90

3 2.38%
  • 91-100

4 3.17%
  • 101-125

6 4.76%
  • 126-150

6 4.76%
  • 151-175

3 2.38%
  • 176-200

1 0.79%
  • 201+

5 3.97%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many Nexus/Ares WWI minis do you have (including custom repaints)

Default How many Nexus/Ares WWI minis do you have (including custom repaints)

Okay, this is a continuation of the other thread. For this only count your WWI miniatures made by Nexus and Ares. You can count any of those that you have repainted, but please do not include other brands such as F Toys or Shapeway prints.
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 01-20-2013 at 04:27.

Can there be a "still not nearly enough" option, please?

P.S.: There is a typo in the thread title.

Just done a count and included the new reprints I got coming total 163
    Last edited by Boney10; 01-19-2013 at 16:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    Can there be a "still not nearly enough" option, please?

P.S.: There is a typo in the thread title.
    I need hard numbers for this one... sorry. Thanks for the heads up on the typo though!

Just counted - 113
    (118 unofficials, just for the sake of completeness)

Hard counting:
    • WGF: 5x4 + 2x2 + 2 = 26 miniatures (ballons included)
    • WGS: 3x4 + 2 + 2 = 16 miniatures
    • Total: 26 + 16 = 42 miniatures

May be, I have a problem... (hope SWMBO will never read this post)

Actually 57 but I'll buy 5 more on Monday...

Ser. 1: A 12/12, B/WGF-2 7/7, RDS/DP 4/4 = 23/23
    Ser. 2: 12/12
    Ser. 3: 12/12
    Ser. 4: 12/12
    Ser. 5/WGF-1: 12/12
    Bombers: Caproni 2/2, Gotha 2/2 = 4/4
    Balloon Busters: Balloons 2/2, Nieu 16's 2/2 = 4/4

Total 79/79--I don't count spares or cannibalized leftovers... I have a few damaged birds that were throw-ins on a trade I'm tempted to make dioramas or objective-markers out of, or offer to others considering similar.

Wonder who's the addict with 201+... I'm content at just one of each official release.

One question Do I NEED MORE. NO I know I can't stop now so what the heck in for a penny in for a pound

Exclamation

Sadly only 25 but that is because there were virtually none available when I got into the Game!

I'm at 45 now. No repaints and at least 1 of each kind (except the Caproni).

I don't have one of the D.VIIs.
    I don't have one of the Rolands.
    I don't have one of the Capronis.
    I don't have one of the Pflaz
    OTOH I have a dozen repeats, mostly repainted. Some multiple repeats of the 2-seaters, so I can do bomber formations.

Mostly Shapeways though. I don't dare do a count of those.

Only 39 at present - at least one of each type - all 4 bombers. Will be adding some of the new (re-)releases in the next few days

I've got a total of 24, 20 WGS and 4 WGF. But more are on the way ... Have to be patient, my birthday is coming ...

Remember everyone, this is for WWI minis only... I've started a separate one for WWII

Oooppsss ! :embarass:

Sorry Keith. So, only 4 ...

Casey, how many did you vote for? I can correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Casey, how many did you vote for? I can correct it.
    The vote was correct Keith. The only problem came from my comment. Sorry again ...:embarass:

Just the Revised Deluxe Set.My plans are to have all the card games, so then I will buy miniatures.

Nick

I've got 50 and 2 balloons

( and they are all WGF ...got about 15 Shapeways too...and there's plenty of space left in the hangar )

Up to 23 so far (one of each series of scouts, less the two DR.I's that I couldn't get yet) + a Gotha bomber. As long a Ares keeps making 'em I intend on buying 'em though, so that number should continue to climb. Plus there are a couple of customs that I'll have to do (all red MvR Albatros I'm lookin' at you!)

Just had to make us go and count them, didn't you? (glad the wife is at work today

Scouts: 116
    2 Seaters: 43
    Multi-engined bombers: 6
    Total: 165.
    Karl

Two Balloon Buster sets, so far. So, only two N-16s and two balloons. I got addicted to the game last year in June, and wouldn't pay the extortionist prices for minis I could find. Paper models aren't part of the survey.

But I now have every original boxed Nexus WGF set (I think). FA, WYB, BD, FotG, and the two balloon sets mentioned above. Along with every booster pack, minus Hit and Run.

However, I have ordered a bunch from 12-7 Games, waiting for the Dual Packs to be released, so they can all be shipped together. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Dan-Sam, SWMBO already knows, as she controls the purse-strings. And I wanted to order one of every plane in the new sets, but there is no-one in the local area that even plays this game. So, ordering even more is out of the question. Until I actually find some opponents, SWMBO thinks this is all an exercise in futility, and I will be evilBay'ing it all in a year.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Dan-Sam, SWMBO already knows, as she controls the purse-strings. And I wanted to order one of every plane in the new sets, but there is no-one in the local area that even plays this game. So, ordering even more is out of the question. Until I actually find some opponents, SWMBO thinks this is all an exercise in futility, and I will be evilBay'ing it all in a year.

Mike.
    Do try the solo rules that we use to run the "Over the trenches" campaign Mike. I know it's not the same as facing an enemy over the table, but I was pleasantly suprised when I started using the system.
    Better still join us in our early war campaign which is starting in a couple of months time.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Do try the solo rules that we use to run the "Over the trenches" campaign Mike. I know it's not the same as facing an enemy over the table, but I was pleasantly suprised when I started using the system.
    Better still join us in our early war campaign which is starting in a couple of months time.
    Rob.
    Hi Rob

I'm more or less a solo player myself. I already use solo rules from Richard which are excellent.
    The advanced system is really good.

You talked about campaign in your post. Could please tell me more about it ?

May I join it as a solo player ?

Thanks and good hunting !

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Hi Rob

I'm more or less a solo player myself. I already use solo rules from Richard which are excellent.
    The advanced system is really good.

You talked about campaign in your post. Could please tell me more about it ?

May I join it as a solo player ?

Thanks and good hunting !
    Should not be a problem if the rest of the chaps don't mind.
    We are using Richard's rules too so that won't phase you too much.
    In the meantime to see what we are up to go and fill your boots here.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/for...r-the-Trenches
    Rob.

I counted 51 Nexus and Ares airplanes and the yellow balloon. I plan to buy the brown balloon as soon as I get to the shop selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Two Balloon Buster sets, so far. So, only two N-16s and two balloons. I got addicted to the game last year in June, and wouldn't pay the extortionist prices for minis I could find. Paper models aren't part of the survey.

But I now have every original boxed Nexus WGF set (I think). FA, WYB, BD, FotG, and the two balloon sets mentioned above. Along with every booster pack, minus Hit and Run.

However, I have ordered a bunch from 12-7 Games, waiting for the Dual Packs to be released, so they can all be shipped together. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Mike.
    Mike, if the only reason you do not have the Hit and Run booster is that you could not find one, I know a shop here that still has it in stock for CZK 195, that is about USD 19-20:
    http://www.svet-deskovych-her.cz/win...-83_52_91.html

Unfortunately, the shop does not ship abroad, but if you have a PayPal account, I can buy the booster pack for you and send it to you.

FO Kyte,
    What was that joke Black Ronin suggested about Solo gaming back when I finished my first paper plane? Perhaps the solo rules would help for me, but not with the Better Half. She's not crazy about gaming when I did have opponents (WH40K, in particular). The money I've been spending on this game, having only played it while away on business, is not going over well. I'm hoping when the package arrives, she might reconsider, but I think it will be a case of more grist for her mill.

I might join in on that campaign, though...

Watchdog,
    Along with the above, there are several places on line that are selling the booster pack, at anywhere from $70 down to $6. It is a matter of "do I need yet another piece of a game I'm not playing" (SWMBO looking over my shoulder...). Also, I have a "B" deck (FA), and even with all the paper planes I plan to build, none of them need a "Q" deck. If I need a "Q", I'm thinking I will print up a copy from the file on the forum, just like I'll have to do for my paper planes (two to three "C" decks are needed, and some "D"s in the future).

Thank you very much for the offer, nonetheless. It is appreciated.

Mike

I know what you mean Mike. I bought extra decks for my unofficial planes and despite having a Watch your back box full of spare decks, I now find I am one FoG deck short for my very slow planes and two J decks short for the DIIs I have yet to build. It seems like admitting defeat to now print off a deck when I have scoured the internet for decks that I needed.
    Rob.

34 + 1 balloon none are repaints missing a few early ones

Last count was 68 WoW/WoG (4 bomber included) + 3 balloons with 8 in the postal system giving a total figure of 76 when they arrive (figure does not include those given to family or models destroyed attempting conversions). So I will withhold my vote untill the current order arrives.

24 Central Powers
    29 Entente
    Most CP planes - 5 D.Vs
    Most Entente - 5 SPAD XIIIs
    Gaps in the collection - 0 UFAGs and Rumplers
    0 Repaints, though I do have a Breguet that is awaiting a IXth Aero scheme.

Lets see.....Nexus 56 plus both deluxe sets, 12 from series 5, 4 bombers, 8 new releases, 10 customs, 40 from the Wunderhaus

Just under 140....yikes .

Adults to play with.... 0

Value...priceless

71/73 if you count both balloons. I bought my first mini in March of 2011, so I figure I am doing pretty good for missing out on most of Series 1, and all the D VIIs and DIIIs. I consider myself fortunate to pick up both balloon sets and the revised deluxe edition at my LGS. (It seems every time I count, I find I am missing another 2 seater, so now I am on the hunt for the final Roland I need.)

OK, update: 52 Nexus/Ares miniatures and both balloons.

Seriously, I am doomed...

I have about 50 of my own, but as I'm a games shop owner, I work everyday with about 200 more pieces around, calling me like mermaids!
    Sometimes I give in and open one!!

Just picked up 8 from Wings of War Series III and IV today, bringing the total counts, not including doubles, to:
    42 Fighters
    3 Bombers
    2 Balloons

Added 2 more bombers and 6 fighters today, so now the totals are:
    48 fighters
    5 Bombers
    2 Balloons

For those of you who play with balloons, how many do you typically use? I am trying to anticipate what I might need once I start hosting games? Thanks.
    Last edited by 7eat51; 01-26-2013 at 22:51.

My count was intially wrong. It is now officially 60, which I game with. That does not include damaged ones during conversions or ones given to family or those in storage.

gwag

64 and 1 balloon!

Oh, and the balloon isn't me!!!!!

Cheers

Gerry

Only 73 planes + 2 Balloons so far.
    Don

I personally only own thirteen Nexus/ Ares planes so far.

Well, I went to the game store, hoping to add the two missing plane types to my collection (a Rumpler and an UFAG), but instead my wife added one plane to her collection, and did her first repaint.

Just started playing Wings of War/Glory last December. Since Christmas I have acquired 50 miniatures

Central Powers
    x4 Albatross D III's
    x5 Albatross D Va's - Ares/Nexus
    x4 Fokker Dr. I's - Ares
    x2 Fokker D VII's - Nexus
    x1 Halberstadt D III - Ares
    x2 Pfalz D III - Nexus
    x2 SSD III's - Ares
    x1 Aviatik - Ares
    x1 UFAG C1 - Nexus
    x2 Rumpler C IV - Nexus
    x2 LFG Roland C.II's - Nexus
    x2 Gotha G.V - Ares

Entente Powers
    x5 Sopwith Camel's - Ares/Nexus
    x4 Spad XIII - Ares
    x2 Sopwith Snipes - Nexus
    x3 Se5a - Nexus
    x2 Sopwith Triplanes - Ares
    x1 Hanriot HD. 1 - Ares
    x2 Breguet BR 14 - Nexus
    x1 De Haviland D.H. 4 - Nexus
    x2 Caproni CA. 3 - Ares
    Last edited by BobRoberts; 10-07-2013 at 11:54. Reason: update in quantity

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    Well, I went to the game store, hoping to add the two missing plane types to my collection (a Rumpler and an UFAG), but instead my wife added one plane to her collection, and did her first repaint.
    Nice, are there pics of it yet?

I just started playing the WWI version in August 2012, so roughly 6 months. I added up all of my WWI planes and I only have 63 of them (6 doubles for painting) I guess I am hooked. I still need 8 fighters from series II,III & IV and 5 of the 2 seaters.
    8/8/2013 I just did a recount to see where I am at and I have 107 planes plus 2 balloons.
    Last edited by BBSuds; 08-08-2013 at 20:10.

IMG_0125.jpg

Here is a pic of my newly arrived miniatures and my WoG combined rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Ares Sneak Peek: Series 6 minis
    By jbmacek in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 06:40
  2. Will Ares rerelease older/new minis with new deco for WOG?
    By Wholenineyards in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 17:45
  3. My Jasta 11 repaints (2 Nexus planes and 1 f-toys)
    By rote Flügel in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 09:21
  4. Need advice on reworking Nexus minis
    By DJensen in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 10:38
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 15:01