Ares Games

Thread: Ship sizes

Default Ship sizes

I am quite excited by the ship cards i've downloaded (should this be in the "you know when you play too much.. thread) I am even thinking of playing a pacific scenario even though I know next to nothing about the war in the pacific! Hence the thread.
    does anyone have any suggestions as to where to get info about the planes ships etc in that theatre?
    Also any suggestions as to what size to print out the ships?
    I am thinking of a torpedo attack. To illustrate my ignorance are any of the planes in the FFTS box set torpedo bombers?
    Thanks in advance.

Thumbs up Ship sizes

Dave The ship size is a matter of what you think looks good. Below is a link to my photos from a recent convention. The second game using the carrier was not played. The whole east coast snowed out that weekend. I tried three different sizes for effect i liked that one!

Rich

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=135

There is another good thread about ships and missions for them. Try a search for it.

Thanks guys. I have gone for an A4 print run using the full legnth for the carrier and about half for the destroyers (probably to long) keeping the width ratio the same. I will yet you know what happens

Similar Missions

1. WW2 Aircraft Carriers and other Ship cut-outs
    By CappyTom in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 20:29
  2. Multiplayer: Return to the Ship
    By afilter in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 10:42