Ares Games

Thread: A review of the WoG Aerodrome WW1 Hangar trays.

Arrow A review of the WoG Aerodrome WW1 Hangar trays.

First and foremost is that I own 14 WW1 Hangar Trays from WoG Aerodrome and I highly recommend them to anyone that would like to protect their aircraft. They are designed to transport and hold 6 specific aircraft and 6 maneuver decks. There are currently 20 different ones to choose from.The paper inlays that help you keep them organized correctly this helps immensely when you packing up after a long and hard air duel. Your precious miniatures are easily removed from the trays unlike the boxes they come in. They are protected from damage during transport and are easily stored. They even look nice, I get more questions about the trays than my aircraft.
    Before Hangar Trays were made I made a mistake and bought some generic ones and pulled out the little foam pieces. Well, I have since broken a prop off a Re8 and some maneuver decks got stuck on the bottom because of residue glue using them. Do not make the same mistake that I did!!!!
    John Snelling

P.S. I will be buying more as soon as I finish some more repaints (N3, Jasta 11 and 37, squadrons 23 and 9th Naval).

Thanks for the review John. Just past this over on the AA site on one of the hangar types and it will get you in to win the D.III

I've been mulling over on what I could use as storage for my collection of planes.

The company that used to make these for me has gone MIA, so almost all of them are out of stock at the moment. However, I do have a sample coming in (hopefully next week) from a new company. I have a feeling they are going to be even nicer this time around.

I'll keep a look out on the AA for them and thanks Keith for all of these accessories that aid our gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    I'll keep a look out on the AA for them and thanks Keith for all of these accessories that aid our gaming experience.
    Your welcome, but really, I just wanted them for me self!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    The company that used to make these for me has gone MIA, so almost all of them are out of stock at the moment. However, I do have a sample coming in (hopefully next week) from a new company. I have a feeling they are going to be even nicer this time around.
    You're going to have WGS trays this time out, right?
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    You're going to have WGS trays this time out, right?
    Karl
    I'd like to offer them and I need them for my self as well. but the reality is that the initial run I did of them took forever to sell. I might have to look at doing a group buy or something for WGS trays.

well, remember WW2 is more established now. Maybe a poll is needed?
    Karl

Thumbs up

Thats great news Keith as I badly need a couple more for the new WoG ones plus some Shapeways.

I'd like to offer them and I need them for my self as well. but the reality is that the initial run I did of them took forever to sell. I might have to look at doing a group buy or something for WGS trays.
    I would be interested in either option (buying them through AA -- my preference -- or a group buy)... too many little planes kicking around w/o proper storage. And the re-issue of Series 1 certainly isn't making this less of a problem!

Christopher, you cannot go wrong buying these. It solved all of my problems that you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    I would be interested in either option (buying them through AA -- my preference -- or a group buy)... too many little planes kicking around w/o proper storage. And the re-issue of Series 1 certainly isn't making this less of a problem!
    Well, the WGF trays will be coming back out. It's the WGS that is questionable. But Ares might have something to say about that as well though

Well, the WGF trays will be coming back out. It's the WGS that is questionable. But Ares might have something to say about that as well though
    Good! I think...? I'm not at all certain what WGF & WGS are...

WGF = Wings of Glory First World War
    WGS = Wings of Glory Second World War

Those are the official names and acronyms from Ares.

WGF = Wings of Glory First World War
    WGS = Wings of Glory Second World War

Those are the official names and acronyms from Ares.
    Well. *cough* That's embarrassing.

All idiocy on my part aside... is there a tentative timeline for the arrival if these hangars?

Not really sure to be honest. I have to get the sample back from this new company first. Then assuming it is of good enough quality, I have to see if I can negotiate a good price for them. If all of that falls in line, then I have to place and order, they have to cut them and ship them to me. So, we are looking at at least 3-4 more weeks if everything works out perfectly.

Not really sure to be honest. I have to get the sample back from this new company first. Then assuming it is of good enough quality, I have to see if I can negotiate a good price for them. If all of that falls in line, then I have to place and order, they have to cut them and ship them to me. So, we are looking at at least 3-4 more weeks if everything works out perfectly.
    Cool. I've waited this long to get my act in gear... what's another few weeks/months?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Warren
    Sorties Flown

Any word yet on when the trays are coming out? I just decided to spend the money on the trays/bag but, isn't this ironic, they continue to be out of stock.

I'm waiting for the sample from the new company to show up. Once it does, I'll have more details time wise.

Can the metal plane work in these hangar carriers?

Yes, so long as they are the same aircraft that the cutouts are made for and they are 1/144 scale.

Okay, the sample came in and the quality is slightly better then the old trays! As an added bonus, I'm able to get them cheaper as well, so the savings is being passed on to you guys and gals. In fact, order any of the Hangar Trays between now and the 16th of this month, and you will save an additional $1 per tray!

Hey, Herr Oberst, any headway on a Caproni hangar? Also, do you think there might be enough room at the corners of the Balloon Hangar to add cutouts for the Nieuport 16s?

Looking good so far... hope to see similar for SGN when it comes out too.

Just to give you guys an update, the manufacture just shipped my order to me. I should have it on Tuesday and I hope to have all of the pre-orders for these out no later then Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Hey, Herr Oberst, any headway on a Caproni hangar? Also, do you think there might be enough room at the corners of the Balloon Hangar to add cutouts for the Nieuport 16s?

Looking good so far... hope to see similar for SGN when it comes out too.
    Hey DB, not sure how I missed your post. The Caproni hangar was in full production, so it's available on the site now. I did not add the Ni-16s to the balloon hangars as it's so deep they would be very hard to get in and out. They are on the old Deluxe set hangar, so when I redo that tray, they will have a home.

Just to give you guys an update, the manufacture just shipped my order to me. I should have it on Tuesday and I hope to have all of the pre-orders for these out no later then Friday.
    Great news. Thanks!

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Alright Then. Excellent, I've anxiouly awaiting these!

Good morning, Herr Oberst.

Were the trays delivered to you on schedule?
    Last edited by fast.git; 03-17-2013 at 08:58. Reason: Fixed the quote... had chopped off bracket.

They came in a little later in the week. I shipped out all the order that did not also have pre-order items in them on Thursday and Friday. So, they should start arriving on your doors any day now (some have reported that they already have).

What are the tray demensions? I have a case from something else and I'm wondering how close the fit would be?

Another question -- looking at the descriptions, only the Gotha and Caproni hangars specifically state they include room for the bases. Is there space in the other trays for the bases & altitude pegs?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    What are the tray demensions? I have a case from something else and I'm wondering how close the fit would be?
    7.5 x 13 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnaeusmorosus View Post
    Another question -- looking at the descriptions, only the Gotha and Caproni hangars specifically state they include room for the bases. Is there space in the other trays for the bases & altitude pegs?
    Yes, the bases fit in with the maneuver deck and there is plenty of room there for pegs as well.

Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply.

Canvas Eagle

I just received my first 3 trays, I really like these!

I will be ordering more!

Similar Missions

1. WGF Slightly used Hangar Trays
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 01:41
  2. Hangar Trays restocked.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 15:49
  3. Aerodrome Accessories Hangar Awesome Buy!!
    By Bartman in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 13:07
  4. WWII Miniatures Aerodrome Hangar Trays
    By Bartman in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 03:36
  5. Outrider Hobbies / Aerodrome Accessories custom WoW foam trays
    By KiltedWolf in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 14:52