Ares Games

Thread: AAR 3: Combat Air Patrol

Default AAR 3: Combat Air Patrol

Intentionally deleted
    Last edited by Lt. S.Kafloc; 10-19-2013 at 14:39.

Hello Neil, Thank you for the posts with the pics..I liked the bit where the Albatross turns the wrong way. Wasn't there the classic gun jam in the other set of pictures (all lined up and ready to fire..) Sorry if not, the memory is a bit goldfish-like. Is the base painted onto flooring tiles? I like the effect of the surface. My test, self-drawn or painted mat sections haven't really looked right. The fuzzy outline of some details on your base give the effect of the object being far down below in my opinion and seems to work well because of the base surface. Is it the original surface or have you put something extra on it, like a wash colour or crayon? Well done. Thanks in advance for any reply. Looking forward to the next sortie. Kevin.

Did these about 3 years ago. Bought a job lot of really cheap floor tiles, sticky backed. The main board was a 6x4, which did not last the passing of time. This add on board was for taking to shows, namely Border Reiver, where I put on 'Hunt the Zeppelin'. They were a light brown in colour, washed over with acrylic paints, then details added on with more acrylic, unfortunately I only got round to painting the 6x4 with trenches. For an idea of what the ground looks like used google earth and placed myself at various heights above the ground, I think this was around the 2,000' mark. That gave me an idea of the size of fields etc. again the 6x4 had lots more detail.

It was always a bad idea to pit two against three unless you have an advantage, and your bad luck seems to dog you again Neil. George turning the wrong way when he should have been on a turkey shoot just sealed your doom.
    Nevertheless a very entertaining scenario.
    Please keep them coming.
    Rob.

I plan to play at least 1 game per week at the club now that I have the bit back between my teeth. So I'll be posting more little scenarios for you all.
    I'll also put some more of our campaign stuff into the files when I get round to it. Happy flying.

Similar Missions

1. Obscure combat first?
    By Etairos in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 14:04
  2. Hors de combat
    By flash in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 10:22
  3. Combat Mission Log
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 22:26
  4. Another diversion from all the air combat...
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 02:41
  5. Two-Seater combat.
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 02:30