Ares Games

Thread: A new Russell Smith classic!

Exclamation A new Russell Smith classic!

G'day All!
    Found this great new Russell Smith painting over on the Aerodrome Historical Forum.
    A really nice one of Collishaw's Triplane.
    Enjoy!

Name:  WW1 R Smiths castoroilmusic.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  41.0 KB

Yes, Russell Smith does some wonderful work. So far my canvas collection from him consists of these:

Number 7 of 20

Number 3 of 20 (I think)

Number 17 of 17

I just wish he offered more of this works in the limited edition canvas prints. He has a lot of paintings I'd love to have, but I'm trying to stick with only canvas prints from him

His Open Edition prints are very reasonably priced.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Yes, Russell Smith does some wonderful work. So far my canvas collection from him consists of these:

Number 7 of 20

Number 3 of 20 (I think)

Number 17 of 17

I just wish he offered more of this works in the limited edition canvas prints. He has a lot of paintings I'd love to have, but I'm trying to stick with only canvas prints from him
    Those are three really nice canvas's Keith!
    I would love to have some WW1 Art but I have run out of Wall Space!

Well, I'll be rearranging my office and swapping out/buying some new furniture to allow me to have more wall space. lol The wife has also agreed to allow some of his prints in other parts of the house. I want to put Hector and Achilles down in our family room, but I'm not sure how she would take to the idea of me moving the Thomas Kinkade painting her parents bought her before we met (each of the family members have one and they are oil on canvas I believe).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Well, I'll be rearranging my office and swapping out/buying some new furniture to allow me to have more wall space. lol The wife has also agreed to allow some of his prints in other parts of the house. I want to put Hector and Achilles down in our family room, but I'm not sure how she would take to the idea of me moving the Thomas Kinkade painting her parents bought her before we met (each of the family members have one and they are oil on canvas I believe).
    Yes you have to be careful with Family provided items.
    I also have some paintings given to us by some Business clients who we took on outback 4 x 4 trips & they are quite valuable originals & as they still visit I would be in trouble if they found WW1 Aero prints in their place.

Thankyou for sharing these lovely prints Barry

very nice your a lucky guy .

Nice to see the twin Vickers on Collishaws tripe Baz.

Just looking at these wonderful prints made me wonder if any of you had come across any prints with two WWI.aircraft in collision. I have an idea up my sleeve which requires such a picture. This is the best I have managed to come up with so far.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. New Russell Smith Art--Morane Bullet.
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 13:23
  2. Another Russell Smith "classic"!
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 06:33
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 11:55
  4. Ah the sweet taste of a classic!!
    By Blackronin in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2