Ares Games

Thread: Official RAF RE.7 Painting Thread

Default Official RAF RE.7 Painting Thread

Not the world's most dazzling 2 seater by any means, but it has a nice quirky appearance and makes a good counterpart to the later RE.8. Alas I squashed one wing tip on this one, hence the slightly bent struts.

Last edited by flash; 12-22-2013 at 23:48.

Very nice David - can we have some Gen on the model, paints & decals please ?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Very nice David - can we have some Gen on the model, paints & decals please ?
    Happy to oblige - the model is one of Kampflieger's recent creations. Painted overall topsides in Revell acrylic "Dunkelgrun" (36168), undersides in Beige (36314 - which is what i tend to use as undercoat for most planes these days). Enginge cowling in Hellgrau (sorry, dropped a blob of paint on the code number), with the engine and exhausts in Panzergrau (36178), which I also stippled across the top wing to simulate exhaust staining. struts in Holzbraun (36382).

Pilot from Peter Pig (just realised I completely forgot to add an observer - tonight's job). The pilot os sitting on a "seat" of Miliput - drop a blob into the cockpit, press the pilot figure into it, adjust for height and position (the Miliput has considerable "grab" so its easy to get the figure just where you want it), then when dry dribble some superglue in behind the figure for added security. Pilot painted an overall Lederbraun (36184) with scarf, goggles and other details picked out in black and red, then washed over with GW Nuln Oil (whch i also use on the engine block. Typres in Panzergrau as well.

Tail srtipes were painted, decals were, as always, from the most excellent Dom's Decals.

the lot left to dry, then sprayed with GW "Purity Seal" varnish (seems about the best out there at the moment, and dries in seconds, then a very gentle dry brushing with pale grey to highlight details.

And thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Not the world's most dazzling 2 seater by any means,
    Or even as a 3-seater!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	re7-7.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	70082

Very nice work on the model though.

Similar Missions

1. Official RAF BE 2a/b/c/d painting thread
    By 144sram in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-14-2024, 01:15
  2. WGSF Official Ju 52 (1/200) Painting Thread
    By Nightbomber in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 01-13-2024, 08:44
  3. Official FE2 painting thread
    By Guntruck in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 01-12-2024, 06:42
  4. Official DFW C.V Painting Thread
    By Fat Wally in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-15-2022, 04:31
  5. Official A.E.G. G.IV Painting thread.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-21-2022, 15:32