Ares Games

Thread: Flight Stands French Touch

Users Country Flag

Name
    Philippe
    Sorties Flown

Post Flight Stands French Touch

Bonjour Everyone,

So here is my real firts post as a would be contributor to this tons of good things site !

Ok ok the title is a bit sexy and may be the content won't be as much exceptional as you expected at first !

Well that's is my try to solve an issue I ran in when bying some F-TOYS models.

To understand what are the F-TOYS models have a look at PIC1.

Then I had these lovely little 1/144 biplanes and I wondered how to use it in Wings of War.

Firts how to plant them on something that could look like a flight stand and use it as a WoW one ?

Well here is my concept represented by PIC2 and 3.

I use Litko Flight stands in wich I glue a neodymium magnet in.
    Then I use a GEOMAG magnet as a PEG.
    Look at PIC4 to visualize the trick :-)

Another trick is regarding the F-TOYS miniatures wich are plastic models that I did not inted to drill so I glued a magnetic paper such the ones used for the magnets of cartoons you stick on the fridge !!! See PIC5 about that one.

In PIC6 You can see some of the marterials accumulated to do that flight stands of my own !

In PIC7 and 8 is displayed my Alabtros DIII of the moment at different altitudes (4 pegs is possible ans still solid) !

It is easy to change altitude and quite easy to build so I happy with this trick !

Just one thing is that a GEOMAG magnet length is about 2 WoW pegs lenght so if you want to use your original WoW Flight stands you have to double them see PIC2 and 3 to see what I mean. Thus 4 GEOMAG magnet altitude would equate 8 WoW miniatures original pegs. That's the price of tricking !!!

I can also glue magnetic paper under the WoW miniatures to attach them to my GEOMAG PEGS but I think they are a bit to heavy to stay put! I think more about Neodymium magnets but then I'll have to drill those WoW miniatures models to glue in the magnets and make it a solid fix. I saw some models modified that way in the forum here I think !

For the one how wishes to see some of my repaints well here is the very begining with my F-TOYS models. I tend to find very near color schemes of my original models and then just as litle repaint as possible (see the Guynemer SPAD VII I am modifying to make another plane from l'Escadrille les Cigognes).

By the way I am patiently waiting for Dom's Decals to reopen so I can buy those decals I need to convert my SPADS !

That's it for now !
    Hoping you guys find any interest in it or even tune this idea to perfection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic1 the bench R.jpg   pic2 compare face R.jpg   pic3 compare back R.jpg   pic4 FS trick R.jpg   pic5 belly trick R.jpg  

pic6 stuff hipe R.jpg   pic7 Jasta front R.jpg   pic8 Jasta side R.jpg  

Philippe, welcome to the site. The F Toys are a nice addition to the official minis. I have all but the specials from them. Have a look at the flight stands I make and offer through the site here, via the Aerodrome Accessories link at the top of the page.

You should also watch that store for up coming decals as well.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Philippe
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Philippe, welcome to the site. The F Toys are a nice addition to the official minis. I have all but the specials from them. Have a look at the flight stands I make and offer through the site here, via the Aerodrome Accessories link at the top of the page.

You should also watch that store for up coming decals as well.
    Thanks Keith,

I noticed the clean stands you made with all the dials to log infos it's sort of Deluxe Flight stands for the miniature and such are a real plus.
    Glad to read about the decals up coming.

This is a real where to be place concerning Wings of War !

The one core component still missing is the altitude pegs. I have a lot of planes and can mix and match so having enough for the F-Toys isn't a big problem. Even so, with occasionally breaking or losing some, eventually I'll need more especially when we do a big game.

Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    The one core component still missing is the altitude pegs. I have a lot of planes and can mix and match so having enough for the F-Toys isn't a big problem. Even so, with occasionally breaking or losing some, eventually I'll need more especially when we do a big game.

Pooh

I have that problem in my sights as well

Similar Missions

1. Review: Litko Flying Stands
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 13:09
  2. Fixing flight stands-ideas?
    By afilter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 07:34
  3. Litco stands