Ares Games

Thread: Official "Santa brought me..." thread.

Default Official "Santa brought me..." thread.

This is the thread to post up all the cool things Santa brought you this year!

My main gift this year was a limited edition (number 3 out of 20) canvas print, "The Eagle and the Butterfly" by Russell Smith.

I also got the "Nieuport Fighters, Volume 1" Datafile Special.

Next up was the Albatros D.Va model kit from Wingnut Wings.

I also got a gift card to Amazon... which will buy more aviation books I'm sure!

Seems like Santa thought I was pretty good this year!

And just in case I was on his naughty list, I also ordered my self another limited addition canvas print from Russell Smith, "Feeding On The Legend". He only had one of those left, so I just had to grab it while I could!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gyula
    Sorties Flown

Santa's helpers (My wife and daughters) gave me some wonderful presents.
    Received a couple of great books, "Sopwith Triplane Aces of World War 1" and "Austro-Hungarian Battleships 1914-1918".
    Some DVD's, Von Ryan's Express and Star Trek Wrath of Khan, found their way into my collection. Santa also managed to drop off some Christmas Cash for me to spend.
    Looks like I'll be placing an order for some Triplanes from Shapeways. Cant let all those great schemes in the Sopwith book go unpainted.

Santa definitely decided I have been a good little boy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0005.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	69732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0008.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	69733

Nine planes a flying!

Apart from my Picture of Albert Ball's aircraft, which I have already posted, and some liquid refreshment, all my presents are on route from various suppliers in the U.S. or still in the main disrribution warehouse somewhere.
    But I can wait.
    Rob.

Jack Herris' Nachtflugzeug! and German armoured aircraft books, copies of Black Ops 2 (!) and 4 bottles of a rather splendid geuze are among the highlights.

A Toyota Hilux and an axe for chopping firewood (practical pressies now we have moved to the country)

Loads of books, bit of music, some Xbox mayhem & four kites from Shapeways AFB.1, DH9, Halberstadt CL.II, SSD.IV - and reprints in th post !

Loads of books ,figures for various gaming projects and for wog another Gotha

Nothing for WoWoG, but she did give me a new set of brushes (always a great gift idea!) and a lamp with a magnifying lens. Otherwise, for me it was a very Tolkien Christmas - The Hobbit soundtrack, a book of Hildebrandt Tolkien art, the Citadel finecast Fellowship of the Ring set, and some GW Hobbit miniatures game, which I know was really expensive. Normally, I poo-poo most everything GW because I know I can't afford it. So these were great gifts too. That last set will come in handy for The One Ring rpg sessions in the months ahead.

Oh! How could I forget! Ares Game's The War of the Ring 2nd Edition!!! It looks great. The production values alone are out of this world!

Its been a hard year (or perhaps I was on the naughty list) so I got knitted/crocheted items. I am hoping that some of the Series I reprints will be forthcoming next month when student aid money arrives!

An osprey book Albatros Aces of WW1 and a couple of bottles of

The Battle of Britain Version of the He111 (WoG).

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    My main gift this year was a limited edition (number 3 out of 20) canvas print, "The Eagle and the Butterfly" by Russell Smith.

I also got the "Nieuport Fighters, Volume 1" Datafile Special.

Next up was the Albatros D.Va model kit from Wingnut Wings.

I also got a gift card to Amazon... which will buy more aviation books I'm sure!

Seems like Santa thought I was pretty good this year!

And just in case I was on his naughty list, I also ordered my self another limited addition canvas print from Russell Smith, "Feeding On The Legend". He only had one of those left, so I just had to grab it while I could!

Congratulations Keith! You snagged yourself some great items there particularly the Russell Smith Art!
    Here is the Diorama of th
    er Red Baron's crash site from the Omaka Museum in NZ. Note the simularities.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1 Omaka <acronym title=MvR diorama.jpg  Views: 29  Size: 265.8 KB  ID: 69751" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Only vaguely WW1-related (one sequence sort-of set there): I got a DVD of _Sucker-Punch_.

new kites for the aerodrome...a pair of bombers, a pair of two-seaters, and a pair of fighters...not to forget the two starter boxes. Did missed the partridge in a pair tree...

So missus santa and I decided to take the plunge and replace the 20+ year old JVC tv with a new hd 3d tv. Quite cool, and now I'm hoping even more that the centennial will see a spate of WWI aerial movies, all shot in 3d.

I can now add the German Battle Ensign. RNAS Airship from Clipper's elves workshop, and replica Blue Max, VC. Military Cross, and Iron Cross Ist and 2nd class to help enhance the display stand at our next show.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. WGSF Official Kawasaki Ki48 "Lily" painting thread
    By Doug in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-04-2021, 20:55
  2. Official Vickers FB 5 "Gunbus Painting Thread.
    By gully_raker in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 10:22
  3. What Santa brought!
    By richard m schwab in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 14:09
  4. WGF & WGS: Wings of Glory at "Etna Comics" and "Settimo in Gioco" (Italy, September 2012)
    By Angiolillo in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 09:19
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 02:39