Ares Games

Thread: If only in 144 scale!

Default If only in 144 scale!

I found this link just now they are in Braille scale that is 1/32 scale by the way! So do not drool to much! They look very nice!!!

Rich

http://wingnutwings.com/ww/

Thumbs up Wow!

Those are very nice! Thanks for the link.

Volant Gun.

Thumbs up If only in 144 scale!

I do not think it is strange that the name is the same as Peter Jackson`s production company! Some told me he was a WW1 modeler.

Rich

Hi Rich,
    Peter Jackson is indeed a WW1 modeler. The Perry twins have produced some 54 mm ANZACS for his private collection. Try the link below. You need to select a range and scroll down to the bottom to find the Jackson article.
    Rob.

http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 04-11-2010 at 12:58. Reason: Adding information.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Yes, those do look really nice. Makes me want to pick them up for when I retire!

Thumbs up The Perry brothers!

Rob They say the figures are made of hard plastic, do they mean Styrene or like Airfix nylon material? They look very nice. I picked up some HAT 1/72 scale
    last month and they are the soft plastic.

Rich

Thumbs up If only in 144 scale!

Kieth! Your vision must be going to build in 1/32 scale. Just kidding every one knows there is only one true modeling scale 1/72. That i what my friends tells me. Then there is plumber scale, 1/48. Then braille scale, 1/32. Anything bigger you should build a real one in your garage.
    All kidding aside they are very nice kits!
    Rich

I prefer 1/48th my self. Small enough to not take up tons of room, yet large enough to have good detail.

I think WWI planes would be sized nicely in 1/32!

Hi Rich.
    These are in the hard styrene plastic and are up to the usual Perry standard with plenty of scope for variety in kit and pose.
    Rob.

Perhaps the Colonel can produce some rather larger WoW stands?

Our group have seriously (well, as serious as you can be after a few pints) thought about doing WoW in 1/48 as a particpation game at a convention, but that idea was consigned to the same pile as the Playmobile SAS hostage rescue game...
    Last edited by Guntruck; 04-12-2010 at 06:00. Reason: Sheer stupidity
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Hi Steve,
    I guess we can enlarge the cards to fit the new scale. Then as you say we just need larger stands. What size will a Zepp come out at 1/72nd scale?
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Brian Wetzel
    Sorties Flown

Rich. Thanks for the site info. Its a great site. I agree that its too bad their not in 144th scale. That would be sweet. Might just have to get some just for the heck of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Perhaps the Colonel can produce some rather larger WoW stands?
    That could be done

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    That could be done
    Get thee behind me, Satan!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    What size will a Zepp come out at 1/72nd scale?
    Six feet give or take, or 9 feet if you do it in 1/48

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Just kidding every one knows there is only one true modeling scale 1/72. That i what my friends tells me. Then there is plumber scale, 1/48. Then braille scale, 1/32. Anything bigger you should build a real one in your garage.
    All kidding aside they are very nice kits!
    Rich
    LOL!!!!

That was pretty funny!

I grew up with 1/72 being "the" scale, but those are days long gone by, I'm afraid! For about the last 10 years, at least in these parts, 1/48 has been the dominant scale. At least, in the few shops that are still around.

The days of the model builders & hobby stores are starting to wane though, IMHO. Hobby shops may be going the way of the drive in movie theater soon!

When I was growing up, there was one option if I wanted a P-40 Warhawk. Go buy a model and build and paint it yourself.

Now I can have stuff delivered right to my doorstep, already built and painted; that is out-of-this-world fantastic!

I can get stuff online and from E-Bay, at a better price than Bill, who owns the local 3 store hobby chain here in Columbus, can get from his distributors!

Ah, that thing they call change. Sometimes it hurts so good!
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 04-14-2010 at 18:48.

Similar Missions

1. 144 Air crew
    By Doug in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-21-2015, 12:46
  2. 1/144 scale role call
    By Oberst Hajj in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 19:29
  3. WoW 1/144?
    By costampede in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 18