Ares Games
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Prague Summer Con 2013

So how many of us there is so far?

Lucky 13, an we expect CZ wing to boost the number!

One of my local game group member will join us in July, too.

Name: Markus.

Let me list the Polish Crew:
    Confirmed Pilots:
    1. Andrzej the Nightbomber,
    2. Sławek,
    3. Filip,
    4. Maciek,
    5. Marek.

Willing but not confirmed yet:
    6. Piotr.

Deutschland:

1. Sven - Marechallanney
    2. Daniel - Kaiser
    3. Markus

Sven
    Will there be a chance for a Friday Beer Briefing with the German Crew?

Currently it is very uncertain if i can attend. I'm currently moving house and i need some new furniture as my ex-girlfriend keeps the other half. The move itself isn't cheap either.

Not the best news, Daniel.

I really hope you could join us anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Sven
    Will there be a chance for a Friday Beer Briefing with the German Crew?
    For shure, Andrzej.

We arrive Friday noon in Prague (12:00), have a lunch somwhere (13:00) check in at the hotel (14:00) and try to meet Watchdog Friday afternoon (15:00 - 15:30h ?) in the game store for a few games. Jan wrote something about A-H sceanrios. That would be a great opening for the weekend.

I would propose to organize something for the evening (19:00 - 20:00 ?) , maybe a reservation for the gamers in a near pup to prepare the main match on Saturday, introducing each other, etc.

I think we're going deeper into the details June/July.

Seems that you are building up quite large nation-based teams. As the only defender of the belgian flag I'm looking for a nation willing to adopt me . I am great cannon fodder and an expert in taking explosions.

We can join in on friday too. We are in Prague from tuesday (If I'm not mistaking). Really looking forward to the event and meeting you all. It will also crank up my playtime, because since we started renovation of our house I have had little time to play, paint or post on the forum. Spice that up with our son recuiring a lot of our attention and you get a fully booked agenda .

Good news, Thomas
    I fully understand your current occupation. Take your time.

Thomas,

it seems that you, David Manley and me with Yelena are to defend Entente colours against evil Centrals

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    Thomas,

it seems that you, David Manley and me with Yelena are to defend Entente colours against evil Centrals
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post
    Seems that you are building up quite large nation-based teams. As the only defender of the belgian flag I'm looking for a nation willing to adopt me . I am great cannon fodder and an expert in taking explosions.
    If nation based teams are the thing I'm sure the Brit contingent would be only too happy to adopt you

Come to think of it, who else form the UK is coming???

Well, David,

seems that, for now, you are the only one from the Island.

Nightbomber,

We will!

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    seems that, for now, you are the only one from the Island.
    Up to me to defend the honour of King and Country alone, eh?

Well, not for the first time

Well, as far as BoB scenarios in Prague are concerned, the "Bloody Foreigners" will give you some support, Dave

We will see who wants to play what, WWI or WWII, which side, etc...

If all goes well, I should have the whole week off duty, and even if I won't, I normally end my duty at 13.30 every Friday, therefore I should be able to get to the gaming shop before 15.30 anyway. Hopefully nothing urgent comes up on Friday or during the weekend.

When I have time during my examination period this May, I shall create a Google Documents spreadsheet to see the preferences and airplane contingent of each participant, so that we know who, when, for which war and what airplanes are available.

Good idea, Jan.

BTW maybe some tournament rules should be established as well? Do you remember the question of who should be credited a kill when the plane went down in flames? The one who caused the fire damage or the last shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post
    Seems that you are building up quite large nation-based teams.
    No, Thomas. There are now fixed settings.

Last year I could fly for the Kaiser in the WW I sceanrios.

This time, I'll join the Entente and hunt the enemy with my Sopwith Camel.

For the WW II scenarios I'll be glad to fly for the Axis. Stuka, Heinkel, Messerschmitt, Zero, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Up to me to defend the honour of King and Country alone, eh?
    Of course not, Mr. Manley.

I hope you accept my enlist for the Royal Flying Corps.

I have good references from my sorties with the Bulldogs. Mr. Kyte, Flash and many others could confirm this.

Last edited by Marechallannes; 04-18-2013 at 10:37.

I like the side enlistment idea for the Con. Since I am going to bring some of my CP planes/repaints with me, me and my gang will gladly join Kaiser's Luftstreitkrafte in WGF but the Allies in WGS.

Jan, if you want, I can care about WWII section. I have whole Friday and main part of Saturday. And I can leave my planes in the shop if I will know you will be there too.

Yelena and I will take part in WW1 (list what we have follows).

Entente:
    SE5a (Dallas)
    Nieuport 23 (Kibanov)
    AIRCO DH.2 (Hawker)
    +
    Breguet BR.14 B2 (De Greffier & Marseille)

Central
    Fokker A.III (Hautzmayer)
    Halberstadt
    Fokker Dr.I (Kirschstein)
    +
    Rumpler C.IV C

Neither Yelena nor me never played WW2 yet, but we* are willing to try
    *At least me
    Last edited by Пилот; 05-29-2013 at 03:40. Reason: Airplane added

WGS is slightly different as far as management of maneuver cards is concerned, but it takes 5 minutes to explain

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Jan, if you want, I can care about WWII section. I have whole Friday and main part of Saturday. And I can leave my planes in the shop if I will know you will be there too.
    Great idea. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    WGS is slightly different as far as management of maneuver cards is concerned, but it takes 5 minutes to explain
    Great! Just perfect timing over a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    We have different options for WW II, Daniel.

BoB, North Africa, Eastern Front & Pacific. We have the maps to cover all four theaters.

There are a few questions:

Do we start all with WWI and finish the day with a few WW II missions? (like last Con)

Should there be the possibility to change tables, scenarios & wars all the time?

Do we have the time for a WW II mini campaign or do we prefer single sceanrios with different theaters?

...by the way: Nice offer with your planes, but I think we'll bring enought material, so don't need to leave your beloved miniatures in the shop.

Sven due to the number of participants (about 20 ish), there will be more than one table occupied at the same time. I would say one may be WWI and the other one WWII. But nothing is mandatory, we can agree on basically anything just to have good times . We can all play a mega-battle all around one table as well.
    Also the owner of the shop has a nice collection of planes from both wars that are free to use any time, but i believe there will be enough birds among us.

This is how the place looks - the light tables can hold one mat each, so we can put them together.

Attachment 87581

Attachment 87582

Kitchen, toilet, shop, ludothek, ...
    Last edited by Lino22; 04-23-2013 at 23:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino22 View Post
    This is how the place looks - the light tables can hold one mat each, so we can put them together.
    Attachment 87579

Attachment 87580

Kitchen, toilet, shop, ludothek, ...
    Do not click the attachements. Doing so screwed up the whole site for me, opening all sorts of auxiliary windows with some code chains. Something is wrong with them.

Corrected, i believe there is a bug in it. A picture shows fine after sending, then something happens and it promotes to a link, you gotta go to the advanced section and drag the pictures back via insert in-line. I'm having so many pictures uploaded that are not published since editing and re-uploading - and i have no clue how to erase them.

As for the WWI and WWII, my idea was that there would be both wars going simultaneously, with the Con participants circulating among the tables freely.

If we want any sort of campaign for WWI, we would need the players to play several games in a row, however.

As I said, I shall create a Google Docs spreadsheet during May so that all participants can list their preferences and airplanes they plan to bring with them.

Ok, Watchdog.

I have some additional stuff I'll bring with me: WWI damage card hangar, dice cups for the WW II damage tokens, CHARTS FOR USING ALTITUDE RULES , BoB gaming mat, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Lino22 View Post
    Nice pictures, Lino22.

We'll meet there in three month.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    dice cups for the WW II damage tokens.
    Sven we have been using bags of matching color they sell in RPG shops and they work excellent. Just an idea, cups are the way for sure ...
    Attachment 87583

Actually i was thinking about putting big letters on them too.
    The shop is opened on weekends, one bag comes for about 1.5 EUR, just in case anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Lino22; 04-24-2013 at 01:16.

We use plastic opaque cups with letters on them and this solution works realy fine

Jan, the individual tables seem to be quite narrow. Hope we could set them together

We can, no worries . That's what we do.

...okay, I'll leave my cups at home. The bags will work fine.

We'll need a few tables for the gaming mats and a little bit space for placing the planed maneuver cards, damage tokens, beer, etc...

All right, let's say we need 2 groups of 3 tables. These tables are just little bit wider than a mat and quite a bit longer. I've just called the owner and he says there will be 6 of those tables ready. 4 are ready right now (+ some other table types) and 2 will be yet purchased. I would see this positively.

Bus tickets are ordered.

Markus & me will enter the golden city on friday 12:18 h and leave on sunday 16:38 h.

You better train with the Spitfires & Hurricanes. Adlertag is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Bus tickets are ordered.

Markus & me will enter the golden city on friday 12:18 h and leave on sunday 16:38 h.

You better train with the Spitfires & Hurricanes. Adlertag is coming!
    Lions will be on position and intercepting
    First training of my group is scheduled on Friday

Updated list of PL team, chaps:

1. Andrzej, AKA Nightbomber,
    2. Sławek,
    3. Filip (kid),
    4. Maciek (kid),
    5. Andrzej,
    6. Wiktor (kid).

Andrzej, would it be so much if we again ask you to update the post No 1?

It would help seeing who is coming to Prague, (now we have partial info scattered in few pages).

Thank you

No problem, Nemanja
    Will do that soon.
    Andrzej.

Default Actual list of participants

Here is the list of participants copied from the first post. Please everyone check if it's correct

1. Jan AKA Watchdog CZ,
    2. Jan AKA Lino22 CZ,
    3. Aleksandr AKA Kancelot CZ,
    4. Sven AKA Marechallannes, D,
    5. Daniel, AKA Kaiser, D,
    6. Markus, D,
    7. Nemanja SR,
    8. Yelena, SR,
    9. Andrzej, AKA Nightbomber, PL,
    10. Sławek, PL,
    11. Filip (kid), PL,
    12. Maciek (kid), PL,
    13 Andrzej, PL,
    14. Wiktor (kid) PL,
    15. Thomas, AKA Thomatchef, B,
    16. David Manley, UK,
    17. Daniel AKA Dan-Sam CZ.
    Last edited by Nightbomber; 05-14-2013 at 10:52.

Default Parking issue

Question:

To Czech Friends: do you know any parking place we could leave our cars from Friday to Sunday somewhere in the City center (some of us will stay in Bologna Residence, Konviktska Street)? The parking issue made my hair stand on end last year What solution would you suggest?

Sorry for that, but parking is a big problem in Prague. The most important sentence is: "Beware of blue zones!" They are for residents and nobody can not park here (even me, because I am citizen of another city and I just live is Prague ). Prague city policemen love fining drivers on blue zones.
    If Bologna Residence has not their own parking places, the best is try to find some Park and Ride on the metro (for example on B line are some at Černý most, map of P+R is here,some are free, some of them not) and continue with public transport (good for the weekend, bad for the start and the end of the session).
    The other choice is try to find some parking place that are free for the weekend (most of them) on the street (map of streets in the centre is here - green is good).
    And check this map too - it is in Polish
    By the way, the situation is a little better near LGS where we will play, but it is far from your hotel.

Thanks so much, Dan.
    It is a very helpful info. My goal is to leave the cars for the whole weekend and then use only public transportation (especially to the LGS and after ). I think I should consider a p&r option. Thanks again.

From your hotel to LGS would be the best choice tram No. 22 - from Národní třída do Vršovické náměstí. It is a backbone tram line so intervals are half than common lines.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 18:02
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 01:28
  3. So... rough summer!
    By vacca rabite in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 21:54
  4. A quiet summer so far.
    By Spad Mo in forum WGF: After Action Reports