Ares Games
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Prague Summer Con 2013

Good news Neil, lets hope SWMBO is happy to give you a weeeknd pass (mine just threw a wobbly because she forgot but, hey, its all booked now )

Chris is still working on it so we could have three Brits this time!

We need to upgrade the list in the first post.

Daniel (D) Kaiser & Heмaњa (SRB) Пилот
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 01-29-2013 at 11:21.

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Heмaњa (SRB) Пилот
    Transcribed to Latin alphabet it is Nemanja (SRB), Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino22 View Post
    I'm in.

Cool, more Czech pilots.

I am reporting for duty and looking forward to seeing you.

If I am not mistaken, Andrzej is probably too busy skiing with his family now, but I am sure he will update the list of participants soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Andrzej is probably too busy skiing with his family now, but I am sure he will update the list of participants soon.
    You are right Jan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	razem.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	73567

However the summer is too far, and many things can change, I suppose, the same problem as last year - through the summer, I leave Prague for all weekends.
    But...
    I think, I'll be able to leave at friday late night. So, you can count with me for the friday session, if any take place.

Hi pilots,
    I invite you into my shop. Room for playing is cca 60m2 large with about 6 tables (it is still under construction ). Wenn I finish arranging of room, I will post some pictures.

Beer: In shop is small kitchen, but with fridge for couple of beer

Cash: Unfortunately you must pay for minis in cash, but near to shop are ATM.

Connection: It is about 20 minutes with one transfer between lines (subway to tram).

Quote Originally Posted by Ladinek View Post
    Hi pilots,
    I invite you into my shop. Room for playing is cca 60m2 large with about 6 tables (it is still under construction ). Wenn I finish arranging of room, I will post some pictures.

Connection: It is about 20 minutes with one transfer between lines (subway to tram).
    There you have it, gentlemen, you get to see it with your own eyes. This is the very fellow that is kindly going to host the event in his shop. The same man who kindly opened his shop just for us on Sunday last year.

The shop has moved to much better premises and let me assure you that the gaming room is awesome, we had a gaming session there last Tuesday and hopefully we are going to meet there tommorow too.

Btw. Andrzej,
    I see, that you are from Opole. Did you know Monika Kucharska ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladinek View Post
    Hi pilots,
    Perfect! Cash isn't a problem if a money automat is in range.

...and it would be cool if we can store some beer in your fridge. The only way to keep the moral high when Polish and Czech pilots perforate my planes.

There you have it, gentlemen, you get to see it with your own eyes. This is the very fellow that is kindly going to host the event in his shop. The same man who kindly opened his shop just for us on Sunday last year.
    The shop has moved to much better premises and let me assure you that the gaming room is awesome, we had a gaming session there last Tuesday and hopefully we are going to meet there tommorow too.
    Thank you for the contact & organization of this nice gaming place, Jan.

This is the perfect place for our SummerCon13.

I agree with Sven that we have found a perfect place for our games
    @Ladinek: I know Iwona Kucharska from Opole, but not Monika. Unfortunately Kucharska/Kucharski is a very popular family name here Anyway, nice you know anyone from my hometown See you in Praha!
    Ondrej

*pokes Andrzej*

How about an update of the list of participants?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    The list has just been updated, dear Jan

Is it summer already? I can't wait.

We are growing in numbers! Jan and other chaps: we should predesign some scenarios to have the games organized in advance, do not you think? What about having different mats/theatres on different tables to run games paralelly?

We are growing in numbers! Jan and other chaps: we should predesign some scenarios to have the games organized in advance, do not you think? What about having different mats/theatres on different tables to run games paralelly?
    Indeed. I am already preparing a short campaign for WGF.

I cannot offer anything concerning WWII, since I do not own anything from WGS. I hope Radek (Shivaja) is going to register too, I have not seen him for ages. I would like to ask if someone can help me and plan something for WGS.

I am going to create a Google spreadsheet later, so that participants can fill in which blocks they wish to participate in. Svět deskových her gaming club has 5-6 gaming tables, giving us as much room to play as we may possibly need. I am thinking of creating a section in that spreadsheet where participants can list what do they plan to bring with them so that we know our options.

Good thing is that we should be able to have some scenarios prepared on tables and move between them, since we are definitely going to have enough maps, airplanes and balloons to allow this. It would save us a lot of time if we can avoid lengthy preparations of each table before each game.

Think we've got all the gaming mats we need for enogh WW I & WW II scenarios.

I'll bring the BoB mat with me & I hope Andrzej brings his nice Tarawan mat. Additionaly I hope for the new gamings mats till July, too. It's a variable terrain for Europe & Eastern Front scenarios.

To create a few WW II sceanrios or a little campain shouldn't be a problem, especially for BoB. (dogfight, Stuka channel/ship bombing, heavy bomber raid, etc...) The same counts for the Pacific.

Another points are the special models we have. Maybe we've got some scratch builds (Caproni Ca.4) or unofficial miniatures (Kate torpedo bombers, JU 52, Dakotas) this year too. It would be fun to play some missions with this eye catchers.

If needed I can work out a few missions for WW II.

Each scenario takes it's time and with 6 - 8 players per table we have a lot of fun.

Depending on the miniatures we had last year, most of gamers doesn't need to bring their whole stuff to the Summer Con. Just their favourite planes, cockpits, etc...
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 02-06-2013 at 23:11.

I will bring the Tarawa mat and a felt desert mat with scattered rocks about the same size as Tarawa

Indeed. I am already preparing a short campaign for WGF.

I cannot offer anything concerning WWII, since I do not own anything from WGS. I hope Radek (Shivaja) is going to register too, I have not seen him for ages. I would like to ask if someone can help me and plan something for WGS.

I am going to create a Google spreadsheet later, so that participants can fill in which blocks they wish to participate in. Svět deskových her gaming club has 5-6 gaming tables, giving us as much room to play as we may possibly need. I am thinking of creating a section in that spreadsheet where participants can list what do they plan to bring with them so that we know our options.

Good thing is that we should be able to have some scenarios prepared on tables and move between them, since we are definitely going to have enough maps, airplanes and balloons to allow this. It would save us a lot of time if we can avoid lengthy preparations of each table before each game.

That was exactly my idea, Jan.

*bump*

Those of you who participated last year, could you check your C manoeuvre decks, please? I recently accommodated all my miniatures in Feldherr trays and all manouevre decks in plastic bags and I seem to have one extra 4/22 AP card (90° right turn) and nobody seems to be missing that card here.

I will, Jan. This is why we all should mark our cards for the next Con. Thanks for the input.

I will, Jan. This is why we all should mark our cards for the next Con. Thanks for the input.
    Well, I do not think I am going to mark my cards. It is like, you know, purposefully damaging them and this idea kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Well, I do not think I am going to mark my cards. It is like, you know, purposefully damaging them and this idea kind of rubs me the wrong way.
    Well, in that case, buy the plastic sleeves and print a set of backings with your name or other identification as you see fit. Slide that behind your game cards and drive on.

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    Well, in that case, buy the plastic sleeves and print a set of backings with your name or other identification as you see fit. Slide that behind your game cards and drive on.
    Yes, I have thought about this option too. I already have some of my decks in FFG sleeves anyway.

My official revival shirt for the SummerCon2013:

Oh, that is VERY cool! Ausgezeichnet, Wingman!

Just to fuel your anxiety, let me officially announce that thanks to Dave's (and his elves') generosity you are going to see this big boy on the table in July:

Dave is so awesome and generous that he sent this to me as a birthday gift (still 22 days to go ). That is, for free, so that I can use it with you all during Prague Summer Con.

Cheers for Dave and his elves!

Prepare yourselves to face its whopping machine gun posts (yeah, B, not A, but still...).

That is magnificent Jan.
    Dave is not only very talented but also very generous.
    Rob.

What a perfect gift, Jan! The plane is really huge! I think your A-H flights will have to tangle with it
    By the way if nobody dares to pilot this beast I am stepping forward

To Dave "Elrond", the site's superhero

Nice...

What kind of scenarios can we fly with this beast (late or mid war)?

Does it fly for the Entente or Central Powers?

By the way: It seems that finally one of my gaming buddies will join us in Prague.

Sven, it flies for the Imperial Russian Air Fleet and bears roundels, which puts it against the airplanes with crosses.

Originally a civil airliner, it flew in military service from 1914 to 1918 (and even later). During the whole war these bombers scored 12 confirmed scout kills, while only suffering a single loss.

One notable fight happened when four Fokker A.III's attacked one of these beasts. It sent three of them down and the last attacker limped to base seriously damaged. The only Ilya Muromets shot down was in an unlucky engagement with four Albatros scouts in 1916. This airplane had a reputation of indestructible machine, often returning to base gravely damaged, but still returning. The engines and fuel tanks were armoured and the aircraft was exceptionally durable.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-19-2013 at 15:33.

I'd like to announce the arrival of another Polish airman, Marek (another Marek). A complete newbie, freshman, green pilot whom I will try to teach the basics of playing/flying WGF/WGS in the coming months.
    He and his family already made a reservation at Hotel Bologna.
    He is eager to fly, but hope he will not become a cannon fodder

Hey, cannon fodder is my job!

He has to look for another part at our SummerCon!

He is eager to fly, but hope he will not become a cannon fodder
    Hey, he can be my wingman

There is a little chance that I will join you for Saturday morning and may be for part of evening... Nothing confirmed, but it looks good.

Sounds really good! It's really annoying we have not meet each other yet

The Bierkrug arrived in Zirndorf.

I would be happy if we could use this for the first price, if everyone is ok with this proposal...

Another point will be the finding of the best/most successfull pilot.

I'm shure we could man more than one table with our missions this time.
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 04-04-2013 at 21:14. Reason: bad spelling

What a superb looking Stein Sven.
    Oh heck! we have set Kyte off again.
    Rob.

Very nice, Sven.

One of the other prizes will be a Gotha G.V from Ares.

What a nice mug Sven!

I am officially in! And my SWMBO, Jelena. She will play, too.

Looking forward to see you

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    I am officially in! And my SWMBO, Jelena. She will play, too.

Looking forward to see you
    Yahooooooooooooo!!!!

Yahooooooooooooo!!!!
    (I just had to ) Gmaaaaaail

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 18:02
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 01:28
  3. So... rough summer!