Ares Games
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Prague Summer Con 2013

Our group will arrive on Friday, so we can make a traditional common strafe beer run (uuups!) all over the old town and land in the hotel late at night. Then on Saturday ladies and non-flyable kids may be sent for a free hunt over the shops, while we can focus on much more serious matters. Late in the evening, when we run out of gas, the tanks shall be refilled in one of the Old Town 'Dromes, where we usually arrange a discussion panel about the best ever maneuvers and shot downs. Sunday morning patrol is an easy and non-mandatory one. Those with strong constitution ability may try to climb up the castle hill and end up in a hostinec with some Czech delicatessen.

I'll be working Friday and will fly out that evening, so I'll catch you in the hotel about 10;30

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    hmm trying to get a pass from SWMBO
    Fingers crossed Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Our group will arrive on Friday, so we can make a traditional common strafe beer run (uuups!) all over the old town and land in the hotel late at night. Then on Saturday ladies and non-flyable kids may be sent for a free hunt over the shops, while we can focus on much more serious matters. Late in the evening, when we run out of gas, the tanks shall be refilled in one of the Old Town 'Dromes, where we usually arrange a discussion panel about the best ever maneuvers and shot downs. Sunday morning patrol is an easy and non-mandatory one. Those with strong constitution ability may try to climb up the castle hill and end up in a hostinec with some Czech delicatessen.
    Andrzej, are you certain about the highlighted part? Your credit card may develop the post-traumatic stress disorder if you send it on that hunt unwarned and unprepared. How could you even think about using "ladies", "free" and "shops" in one sentence...

This time, I will try not to get bitten by some damned infectious bug again grounding me for 3 months...

Hopefully, I should be able to get a few days off duty so I could join up with those arriving early.

! Right words! But I can't help it.
    Great Jan! This time we will make an international strafe run

David and Chris: if you have never been to Prague, you will be...possessed, bewitched or whatsoever

I've passed through before on my way to and from Bzenec, but not stayed (we tried to get to the air museum but food poisoning got the better of us I'm afraid!)

Good luck to all of you and again this year have a great time and pics again.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Booked
    Cool, David!

But I'm afraid you'll grin the whole time about my spoken "Wehrmacht Englisch"

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Cool, David!

Sehr gut! It will be a good opportunity to try out my appalling Deutsch!

Cool, David!

Be not afraid, Sven. Last time when I was in Portugal, one of the guys told me I speak English with a German accent

You never know...

Our flight and our stay in the hotel bologna has been booked as well. We arrive there monday (22 july) and stay there until tuesday (30/07) the week after. We must add our son to the flight as well but since he isn't born yet that was not yet possible. I hope that by then all goes well with him and we don't have to cancel. Really looking forward on meeting you all!

Thomas!
    I wish you and your wife a happy birth (if this is the right in English!). Great you take your family with you
    Looking forward to meet you

Thomas!
    I wish you and your wife a happy birth (if this is the right in English!). Great you take your family with you
    Looking forward to meet you
    Thank you! We will do our best. Nearly everything has been prepared for the baby and we are now waiting for him to arrive . Another 6 weeks of waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post
    Thank you! We will do our best. Nearly everything has been prepared for the baby and we are now waiting for him to arrive . Another 6 weeks of waiting....
    I hope your WOG shelves are high enough and secure, with no possibility to be dragged to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    I hope your WOG shelves are high enough and secure, with no possibility to be dragged to the ground.
    Haha, yes they are. Everything is in boxes and those are stored upstairs on a safe location...

Looks like a nice list of people gathering to play and get together.

Congratulations Thomas on the imminent arrival of another little pilot.
    I wish you and your wife all the best for the happy event.
    Rob.

Reservation at Bologna Residence for Friday-Sunday made. Looking forward to see meet you guys
    Jan, may we count on Mephit reservation again?

Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade my playgroup members.

The usual excuses, work, family, etc...

So I hope for participants from the German subsection.

Take it easy, Sven. With Thomas BE, David UK, Czech friends and us, we are going to have a great time anyway

Oh, there is a new member of yours, MadMike, from Hessen. He has just won a photo competition by Zoe...

Sven, tell me about it. I cannot persuade anyone from the Czechoslovak wing members to register. I am sure some of them will come, but nobody else than me has registered officially yet, which is kind of embarrassing, given that we are supposed to be the hosts.

Andrzej, I am thinking about making the reservation in a different gaming club than Mephit. The tiny shop where we had gone by car has just moved to a new address and it is awesome. Much much larger with like 5-6 gaming tables, and it sells Wings of War/Glory.

It is merely two more tram stops away from the old location. You can see the location here: http://www.svet-deskovych-her.cz/kontakt.html

Just BTW, today I saw that the shop owner managed to get some WWI bombers, and he said he thought they were a reedition due to the shortage, which would be great news. He also managed to get a lot of WOW WWII airplanes, namely some Spitfires (for instance Vybiral), Dewoitines, Zeros (Sakai and one other), Vals, Wildcats and Stukas (Romanian?) at some sale in Germany. He had a whole large box of those. He really likes WOW/WOG and wants to support the community, but he is as unpleasantly surprised by Ares Games' strange distribution plans as we are. Nevertheless, he was quite open to the idea of the Con taking place there.

And I finally managed to get the brown balloon boxed set (and at the same time, I bought a Rumpler for F.O. Kyte).

I'm hoping that there may be another one or two from the UK. Prague is but a short hop by Airbus from Bristol now

Jan and David: Great news!

Jan, I really like the new location idea. Please pass my best regards to Ladislav (the shop owner, right?), thanks to whom I got my Red Baron and some other minis two years ago.

Jan and David: Great news!

Jan, I really like the new location idea. Please pass my best regards to Ladislav (the shop owner, right?), thanks to whom I got my Red Baron and some other minis two years ago.
    I will.

Today, he specifically asked whether I was planning to bring those Polish guys there again.

Andrzej, I am thinking about making the reservation in a different gaming club than Mephit. The tiny shop where we had gone by car has just moved to a new address and it is awesome. Much much larger with like 5-6 gaming tables, and it sells Wings of War/Glory.

It is merely two more tram stops away from the old location. You can see the location here: http://www.svet-deskovych-her.cz/kontakt.html
    That sounds good, Jan.

Is it possible to get some pictures from the location?

What about logistics and supportlines?

Beer to compensate the frequent kills by the Czech players?

Cash(point) to buy some minis?

Connection from the main station to the new shop?

Sven, in any case we'll arrive by cars, so transport from Residence Bologna to the Club is secured

Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade my playgroup members.

The usual excuses, work, family, etc...

So I hope for participants from the German subsection.
    Hey, there is plenty of time before you, so I believe you'll manage to persuade them, and increase your number!

But you have to do a reservation for tickets and rooms, organize it with your job & familiy etc.

We are not twens anymore.

Good news! Two additional new pilots from my home town are coming. A father and son (12 years old) plus SWMBO.
    1) Marek,
    2) Marcel.

Now I am going to bring 4 -5 pilots with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    hmm trying to get a pass from SWMBO
    Any news concerning getting the pass from your SWMBO, Chris?

I'm hoping for good news on that front - more plucky Brits needed for this expedition to the Continent

Good news: The last weekend of July (26th/27th) now i have free (and the following week too) So i can attend the con!
    I will arrive via train. Just need a place to sleep.

Daniel, there is a barn you can stow your things in Prague Bologna Residence, at Konviktska street, where all the pilots (and their families) will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Good news: The last weekend of July (26th/27th) now i have free (and the following week too) So i can attend the con!
    That is great news, Daniel.

I think all other non-local participants are going to stay in Residence Bologna. Those who were here last year stayed there too.

Much much larger with like 5-6 gaming tables, and it sells Wings of War/Glory.
    I have the feeling i will leave with more planes than i will have come with

I will book a room from friday to sunday. Or should i stay until monday?

Polish Unit will leave Prague on Sunday afternoon; staying till Monday will let you enjoy Prague at Night for one more day Lucky you...

If all goes well, I am going to have the whole week off and therefore I should be available for gaming even on Friday already if anyone is up for it.

I have the feeling i will leave with more planes than i will have come with

I will book a room from friday to sunday. Or should i stay until monday?
    The same problem here... Well if you can call that a problem off course .

Wunderbar!

I'll PM you.

The offensive is ongoing, but the defences are slowly crumbling, helped by the fact my two boys ages 20 & 17 say they dont want to go on holiday with Mum & Dad this year
    Also a hint that for our 25 anniversarry this year Ill finally take her to Paris, even though Ive taken her to Bonn, Rotterdam, London, Edinburgh, Lerwick ( he he) , Rome , Naples , Ajjaccio, Venice including gondola ride, Capri, Florence, is making her more ameniable to the idea.

I kidnapped my wive 2011 for three days to Venice. 10th anniversary of our marriage.

It was a suprise present for Christmas 2010.

chaps! We had a "just married" trip from Opole to Paris with my wife in 2002 in a labeled van

Just a proposal for singles that wants to join us in Prague this July.

http://www.botelracek.eu/

It's not that expensive, near to the tram line 17 and near to the base of a local Aerodrome member.

Found out that you can buy 3-day-tickets for the public transport in Prague for 12 €.

So you're mobile to join us in the old town (main Aerodrome member base), the gaming location & and other recon missions you want to do in the golden city.

But attention. I choosed this hotel for his strategic position. Can't give you any guarantees for the conditions.

It's a ship! Awesome

ANDY........WOW. Last weekend of my summer holidays. I can't commit just yet as we havn't booked our main hol yet. However as I now have a date to work with I'll see what I can rustle up with swmbo.

That would be great if you could come, Neil.
    Now we can share information right in this thread

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 18:02
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 01:28
  3. So... rough summer!
    By vacca rabite in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 21:54
  4. A quiet summer so far.