Ares Games

Thread: Credit where it's due to Clipper

Default Credit where it's due to Clipper

Recently, I asked a favour of Clipper - for a conversion kit for an Ilya Mauromets - as shown in this thread
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ts-Mod-Madness!

Plus a few offcuts of styrene sheet, as it's not easy to get here. A square inch or so.

Not only did he say yes, but said he'd include a few extra bits and pieces, because of the few minor favours I'd done for others.

With the recent unexpected death of my mother, I've been too busy until now to examine what he'd sent me.

I got the conversion kit.... and instead of a few offcuts of styrene sheets, whole packets of them. Maybe $100 worth at the prices charged here. Also styrene tubes and rods.

Did I forget to mention a COMPLETE ZEPPELIN????? Just the stand alone would have taken significant work, not to say the propellers, gondolas, the scratchbuilt individual MGs... the magnificent paintjob...

Dammit, I'm going to cry again.

Thanks, Clipper.

p.s. This was what he wrote...

Greetings Zoe! I would be honored to. I will put together a package this week! Enjoy and have fun! The donation is up to you. Anything else difficult to find over there? There will be room in the box . . . Dave

Stiff upper lip, old girl, don't forget you're British (well, almost). But that goes above and beyond the call of duty! Well done Dave, rep points for that I think

Again, I love the people here that can give without pause.
    Clipper
    Karl

Just another example of the great people in this room and a reason why I donated BoxTops to him and others. The folks in here are the greatest in caring for others. A salute to all of you.

Certainly a totally unselfish chap.

I can and will send a little cudo his way.
    Rob.

That clipper, he is one generous guy. That's why I like this place. It is full of people like him.

As I wrote to all people of this forum I'm contact with, I'm proud to be part of this GREAT comunity: I don't think we can find other forums where users give so generously to others.
    I could already taste this "ospitality" and I'll never stop to thank all the users which make me feel like I always know them!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!

Marco

Thumbs up

Yeah Clipper is just one hell of a great chap.
    I know Zoe would really appreciated that uplifting present at this time.

WELL DONE Clipper!!!!!

Thank you Dave for sharing good will this Christmas season. You show the true meaning.

Thomas

Good on ya Clipper to the mess and lets each shout Clipper

Okay, thanks already! Enough! Everyone here is generous and cares, that's why we are still here. Shouldn't you be planning missions and building minis? Back to work mates! The war is not yet won! Besides my elves get too misty with such talk . . . Clipper loses his grip on reality once in a while too . . . now to get those elves back on schedule-there's a Vimy needing painting and J1's to arm . . .

Well done, Clipper! Noble gesture, truly a gentleman as well as a nice chap!!

Attilio

Similar Missions

1. Clipper's List
    By clipper1801 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 520
    Last Post: 04-17-2022, 22:46
  2. Clipper's syndrome:)
    By Nightbomber in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 14:44
  3. Clipper's Therapy Day Five!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club