Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 1029

Thread: The Wings of Glory Aerodrome Grand Tour 2012 - 2013

  1. #1

    Default The Wings of Glory Aerodrome Grand Tour 2012 - 2013

    Pictures of the World Tour can be seen in this album

    Wednesday 14th November 11:05 GMT. Our intrepid crew take off from RAF Hendon on ther quest to travel the world and be photographed in exotic locations. The World Tour is under way!

    Travelling through 10 different countries, the Caproni will finally touch down in Colorado, USA, where it wil be used to raise funds for the Origins 2013 Lease-lend programme.


  2. #2

    Default

    The Penquins have landed safe and well in sunny Sussex today - an impressive feat for flightless birds !

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The Penquins have landed safe and well in sunny Sussex today - an impressive feat for flightless birds !
    Must have had a damned strong tail wind up em all the way to Sussex Dave.
    Rob.

  4. #4

    Default

    Scotland next - hope they remember their passports

  5. #5

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Scotland next - hope they remember their passports
    Now theres a Rub! Where would a Penguin keep his/her Passport????

  6. #6


    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Michael
    Location
    west sussex
    Sorties Flown
    10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default

    Sussex....sunny?.....might want to put pontoons on that bomber

  7. #7

    Default

    Silly, they keep their passports in the glove box of their Caproni, next to the cooler with the "Tactical Nuclear Penguin Beer" of course . . .

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mykilus View Post
    Sussex....sunny?.....might want to put pontoons on that bomber
    I do now - It was sunny when it arrived but now waiting for rain & gale force winds to stop before I venture to the cliff tops !

  9. #9

    Default

    Where is the bomber picture from Sussex?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Where is the bomber picture from Sussex?
    Still waiting to be taken by the sound of the weather forcast.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flash lamp needed..jpg 
Views:	911 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	66548


    "Flash" light needed.

    Kyte.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Scotland next - hope they remember their passports
    Hold it...you need a passport to go from England to Scotland. I thought you were still the same country.
    Karl

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Where is the bomber picture from Sussex?
    The line "waiting for rain & gale force winds to stop" not registering then Sven ?!!

    Pics done today in a break in the weather, just. Will post later.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The line "waiting for rain & gale force winds to stop" not registering then Sven ?!!

    Pics done today in a break in the weather, just. Will post later.


    Don't forget to email me a JPG version for the album please chaps


    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Hold it...you need a passport to go from England to Scotland. I thought you were still the same country.
    Karl
    Not if Alex Salmond gets his way.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Hold it...you need a passport to go from England to Scotland. I thought you were still the same country.
    Karl
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Not if Alex Salmond gets his way.
    Yeh, but that votes not for a couple of years, right?
    Karl

  15. #15

    Default

    Ha ! pics passed to Gunners & if you want to see more & read the story of my puny efforts see my album !

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GWT 9.jpg 
Views:	905 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	66793
    One the Missus made !!
    Last edited by flash; 11-25-2012 at 12:56.

  16. #16

    Default

    Good Grief man, can those penguins read a map? They should be well inland and heading for Scotland.
    Kyte.

    Great picture there old chap. So Penguins really can fly!
    Rob.

  17. #17

    Default

    Italian bomber over Beachy Head - not to be seen again until 1940!

    Well done for also posting the originals in your album, lest someone down the flightpath tries some Photoshop wizardry.

  18. #18

    Default

    Have confirmed Dave wasn't tossing it up in the air while Mrs Flash tried to photograph it

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Have confirmed Dave wasn't tossing it up in the air while Mrs Flash tried to photograph it
    So penguins really can fly!
    Rob.

  20. #20


    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Michael
    Location
    west sussex
    Sorties Flown
    10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    Italian bomber over Beachy Head - not to be seen again until 1940!
    What..! twenty to eight....?

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mykilus View Post
    What..! twenty to eight....?
    Only if you have a 'flash' light!

  22. #22

    Default

    Looking forward to the pics from Scotland...and yes, Karl, Scotland is a different country unless you're from south of it's border.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mykilus View Post
    What..! twenty to eight....?
    Boom, boom!

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Boom, boom!
    Yes Gunners the old ones are the best.
    Kyte.

  25. #25

    Default

    Wot ? No comments on Flash photography ?!
    Mrs F was a brick, so big thanks to her for indulging my madness in the teeth of gale force conditions & for the goofy shots she created !
    Penguins are now back in the care of Royal Mail & on their way to GAZ67 at Inverness.

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Wot ? No comments on Flash photography ?!
    Mrs F was a brick, so big thanks to her for indulging my madness in the teeth of gale force conditions & for the goofy shots she created !
    Penguins are now back in the care of Royal Mail & on their way to GAZ67 at Inverness.
    Yes I did, and I was also suprised that no one mentioned my post 10 on the thread either Dave.
    Rob.

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Yes I did, and I was also suprised that no one mentioned my post 10 on the thread either Dave.
    Rob.
    We were probably waiting to see if the quality of puns improved. Oh well, still plenty of time I suppose

  28. #28

    Default

    Crew have proceeded though passport control with no mishaps.

    Apologies in advance for my poor efforts at photography I'll get pics and they'll be on their merry way by Friday.

    I did notice a few missing items, no "Good luck" charm!!! What crew would leave the ground without one??
    Decided to give the crew a "lucky rabbits foot", long story short, I "zigged" the rabbit "zagged" so they have a sprig of "White heather" instead...

    I have also stocked the "In-flight mini bar"

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    Crew have proceeded though passport control with no mishaps.

    Apologies in advance for my poor efforts at photography I'll get pics and they'll be on their merry way by Friday.

    I did notice a few missing items, no "Good luck" charm!!! What crew would leave the ground without one??
    Decided to give the crew a "lucky rabbits foot", long story short, I "zigged" the rabbit "zagged" so they have a sprig of "White heather" instead...

    I have also stocked the "In-flight mini bar"
    That is brill news Gaz. If you send it on Friday, I should get it by Tuesday, and I have to go into Nottingham on Wednesday as it happens so can have it up and away by next weekend.
    Rob,

  30. #30

    Default

    Nice one Gaz. However, can I appeal to you lads not to stuff too many bits and pieces in with the plane please? Otherwise some poor sod is going to be paying a fortune to mail something that weighs the same as a house brick.


    "I have also stocked the "In-flight mini bar". Penguins don't eat deep-fried Mars bars

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That is brill news Gaz. If you send it on Friday, I should get it by Tuesday, and I have to go into Nottingham on Wednesday as it happens so can have it up and away by next weekend.
    Rob,
    This is all going worryingly well so far

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    "I have also stocked the "In-flight mini bar". Penguins don't eat deep-fried Mars bars

    Could that remark be deemed to be "a bit below the belt" in Scotland Gunners?
    Rob.

  32. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Ha ! pics passed to Gunners & if you want to see more & read the story of my puny efforts see my album !
    That's a nice one Flash.

    Good circumstance, that we mail a Caproni Ca.3 and not a Heinkel 111.


  33. #33

    Default

    Looks like this is going well so far. A word of caution about putting plant or animal items into the package. If it gets opened by customs, some countries will not let it enter with any of those types of things in it.

  34. #34

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Looks like this is going well so far. A word of caution about putting plant or animal items into the package. If it gets opened by customs, some countries will not let it enter with any of those types of things in it.
    I know that Australia are very keen on this, so if Gaz is agreeable I will replace his heather with a little Linclon imp pin badge when it gets to me. They were very popular as lucky charms during WW2 with the Bomber pilots working out of Linclonshire airbases, so do have some credence.
    Rob.

  36. #36

    Default

    Didn't think about customs, my bad!
    What about the "Penguin-sized" bottle of Scotch?

    That's them on their merry way.

  37. #37

    Default

    Rob, sounds like a plan. Gaz, I'd be worried about leakage as well regarding the liquid refreshment. If Gaz is OK with this, Rob would you mind removing that as well and returning it to Gaz?

    But nice thought anyway

  38. #38

    Default

    Don't bother returning them, would cost more in postage that they are worth!

    Is there any way to add them back once the tour is over?

    Pic of the Item in question....



  39. #39

    Default

    What would it be like sending them to the States Keith? Are there any problems with your customs officials?
    It's a good job Kyte only drinks G&T.
    Rob.

  40. #40

    Default

    Meanwhile! At an unnamed airfield somewhere in darkest Nottinghamshire our intrepid heros make a scheduled landing to restock with fuel and fish.
    They are greeted by the Station Commander and his Flight, who entertain them in the Officers' Mess.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Caproni takes on fuel.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	67263
    The Penguins have landed.
    Kyte.

  41. #41

    Default

    Somehow I lost the thread notification and can see many happy events here! Dave's picture is really great (how the hell you took it, without tossing the thing, chap?).
    So tho Caproni is on the way!
    Rob! watch out your G supplies, those little pilots from icy dromes must be heavy drinkers

  42. #42

    Default

    If US customs opens it and finds alcohol in it, it's a goner for sure. My personal suggestion would be for us not to add anything to this as it makes it's round.

  43. #43

    Default

    Panic not chaps I have removed the White heather and the penguins drank the Scotch on the way down from Scotland.
    How are the U.S. customs on very small bottles of Penguin's urine Keith? It was a very long flight from Scotland you know, and they had just consumed a bottle of Scotch.
    Kyte.

  44. #44

  45. #45

    Default

    They can just dump it in the Pacific before crossing in to our airspace. Or, they could just come up from Mexico, nothing gets stopped or checked along that boarder! lol

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    They can just dump it in the Pacific before crossing in to our airspace. Or, they could just come up from Mexico, nothing gets stopped or checked along that boarder! lol


    Rob.

  47. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    How are the U.S. customs on very small bottles of Penguin's urine Keith?
    A case of US Customs taking the p**s?
    Last edited by Guntruck; 07-13-2013 at 04:29.

  48. #48

    Default

    Glad to see they are making it safely - must admit I did put in a Poppy pin badge to see how it would look but took it out when I thought that if that ball started rolling the weight could be double by the time it got back ! Wish I'd been after Gaz now though

  49. #49

    Default

    Cool items (not impacted by customs) could be passed on to HQ for inclusion to the final winner . . . just thinkin out loud . . . Clipper

  50. #50

    Default

    Linclon Imp arrived today in the post. Replaced the heather and bottle of now stale piss.
    Will ship back to Gaz at no extra cost if he PM's me his snail=mail address.
    Rob.

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast


Similar Missions

  1. THE GRAND WORLD TOUR & LEND-LEASE 2013
    By Guntruck in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 14:48
  2. Wings of Glory Aerodrome turns 3!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 12:30
  3. Wings of War/Glory at Vul-Con 2012!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 23:35
  4. Wings of Glory Aerodrome Tourney - Origins 2012
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Origins Game Fairs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 05:17
  5. Wings of Glory Aerodrome????
    By Boney10 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 04:14

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •