Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Albatros D.I Painting Thread

Hi Mike

Nice D.Is!

Glad you like my beasties!

Thanks for the Rep!
    There are more to come, hopefully by the weekend...

I recently acquired more of the "Aviation Wings" decal sheets from that chap Peter mentioned in Canada, via a 'Dromer in the USA, who bought them and sent them on to me; made the postage very cheap, just 'small letter'.

I do have numerous "fragments" of several such sheets left over, which you can plunder for free if they would suit your needs.
    Alternatively, I can pass you on to my 'facilitator' who will be happy to help you out.

Be aware, however, that there are numerous research failings behind the decal sheets, which lead to errors on the sheets themselves. Shortly I will finish and publish (post in the Files section) my Jasta 2 research project, which lays bare these mistakes.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Beautiful paint jobs as usual Tim.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Shortly I will finish and publish (post in the Files section) my Jasta 2 research project, which lays bare these mistakes.
    I shall look forward to that Tim. Meantime, thanks for the offer of some decals. However, I contacted Brian via ebay and he is willing to post to UK. So I ordered a sheet of Albatros DI (Part 1) and a sheet of Albatros DII (part 1). Hopefully we can have a good chat about them at Fight Club, if there's time, before I use any of them, 'cos I suspect it'll take that long for the post to reach me from Canada.

PS Thanks Peter, the link was a great help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. WGSF Official Ju 52 (1/200) Painting Thread
    By Nightbomber in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 04-30-2021, 00:59
  2. Official Albatros D.III painting thread.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 315
    Last Post: 04-12-2021, 01:11
  3. Official Albatros D.II painting thread
    By flash in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 02-26-2021, 18:44
  4. Official Albatros D.Va painting thread.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 558
    Last Post: 02-24-2021, 04:14