Ares Games

Thread: Shiny new mat for battles!

Default Shiny new mat for battles!

Morning gents, I thought I would share some pics of a new mat I had made for myself and my school club to play WoG on. Bit of a long story, but basically I have been on the emailing list of a printing company here called Vistaprint. I had thought of dropping off it as I hadn't actually ordered any of their stuff, but then they sent me a $40 voucher! Who am I to say no to that! Combined with the fact they have a lot of '1st one free/cheap' offers, I picked up quite a haul for $18 all up; a stamp and some stickers for school, a custom tshirt for International Talk Like a Pirate Day (my class is 4R ) and a printed vinyl mat. I found the picture online (gogoGoogle) and uploaded it.

Here we go;

Pardon the glare, it is the fluro lights in my classroom. The colour is quite deep actually.

Comes up quite nice, and has a good surface. It is a tad narrower than I like, but has been fine for up to 8 aircraft so far

I hope you like.

Dave

Looks fine to me Dave.
    Why don't you let them see what you are doing with it. As you are a school and effectively doing them a promo, they may push some more goodies your way. You have to be cheeky sometimes.
    Rob.

Nice playing surface. Good to give the correct impression of being over No Mans land.

That scene mimics how some of my battles end up... RE8 gets hunted by DR.1 plus cohorts

Nice mat, and on vinyl aswell! You bagged a bargain there, and spillage proof too (providing you have no cards on the table at the time).

Thanks for the comments fellas. I gleaned the photograph from here; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tlefields.html

It might be of use to you, if for the great images if nothing else

Dave

Thumbs up

G'day Dave!
    That is one impressive mat.
    It really has a 3D effect. Well Done.

That is a good looking mat. Well done!

Great mat, as others have said has the 3D effect.

That is a really impressive mat.

That is beautiful! I love the shadows and craters. It definitely gives a greater impression of scale and motion than something that looks like it was taken at noon in full daylight! Cool.

Very nice mat! Thank you for posting.

What are the dimensions of your mat, please?

I wonder if vista print in UK would so something similar? Ill see what they say

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    I wonder if vista print in UK would so something similar? Ill see what they say
    It will be interesting to find out. You can never have too many varieties of games mats.
    Oh no! What am I saying?

Rob.

Looked into vistaprint, and wasn't too impressed at the prices (after going through an upload and tweak session).
    Worse was 'Staples', as their vinyl banners are priced for businesses tbh.

With the new mats coming out, I may just succumb to one or two of those

Similar Missions

1. My Shiny New Medal for 100 Reputation Points!
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 10:01
  2. 500 Posts and Shiny New Bars :)
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 06:00
  3. Shiny silver thingy
    By berthier in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 19:06
  4. We have our own shiny new Australian wing forum