Ares Games

Thread: Grand Historical Bazaar

Default Grand Historical Bazaar

Hi chaps on Saturday I was at Torm , the original reenacters market and was given a flyer for the above event it's on the 27 - 28 th of April at Rufford Abbey Country Park near Ollerton Nottingham , the event is mainly reenacters selling kit they no longer need and there'll be traders there for the reenacters amongst us , plus folk selling wargames miniatures and this the reason for this post. Couldn't we try to have some demo games of Wings of Glory there to promote our hobby , I'm willing to contact Event Plan who're organising the event so what do you chaps think of this cunning plan ?

Missed you at Torm then Mark.
    Eileen and I will be at Rufford on 27th April if there is no re-enactment we are at that weekend.
    I think it is a great idea if we can pull it off.
    Rob.

Well I should be allowed out to play as my wedding is early on in April , so I should have my Jasta ready for action to face you allied pilots .

Just down the road from me - sounds like a cunning plan - count me in - mats and planes on standby

I might be able to manage this. It is about a three hour drive.

My cunning plan is baring fruit , I'll contact Event Plan this week and ask if we could run demo/ participation games for WoGF/S .

I've sent an email to Event Plan and they've got back in touch , saying that they're experiencing a high volume of emails and will reply back if requested , so fingers crossed we might have the go ahead but I'm not going to count my chickens untill their hatched .

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    I've sent an email to Event Plan and they've got back in touch , saying that they're experiencing a high volume of emails and will reply back if requested , so fingers crossed we might have the go ahead but I'm not going to count my chickens untill their hatched .
    Please keep me informed Mark.
    Rob.

The organiser of this event has at last got back to me , and has said yes to us putting on a demo/ participation games of Wings of Glory , we' ll have to provide tables though but I'm sure that us chaps can manage that , so two confirmations but sadly I've had no response from Ares Games to my email last month.

I am pleased to hear that you have pulled this off Mark.
    At least we have time to get this sorted without the rush of Alumwell.
    Your next move will be to get a team assembled.
    I'm sure that the props we are assembling for WMMS will be an asset to you, and reduce a lot of the strain.
    However, the tables are going to be a logistical challenge. Any ideas on that one?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I am pleased to hear that you have pulled this off Mark.
    At least we have time to get this sorted without the rush of Alumwell.
    Your next move will be to get a team assembled.
    I'm sure that the props we are assembling for WMMS will be an asset to you, and reduce a lot of the strain.
    However, the tables are going to be a logistical challenge. Any ideas on that one?
    Rob.
    I am probably nearest - and have a Landrover and have a friend with some 6 x 4 gaming/ painting boards which would serve as a base - would need some trestles that's all... so I can get half of what we need to the site, I also have two of the gaming mats so that gives us 6 x 4 for a start (i think - never bothered to measure them, lol)

I will have my new Ares mats by the New Year so that takes care of that problem.
    Rob.

Depending on my next year shifts I'm happy to join in too.
    However I have a few shows invites from last weekend, we may need a thread for shows in 2013 so we
    1. Don't miss one
    2. Don't double book a show
    3. Get max participants
    4. Give people enough notice to turn up

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Depending on my next year shifts I'm happy to join in too.
    However I have a few shows invites from last weekend, we may need a thread for shows in 2013 so we
    1. Don't miss one
    2. Don't double book a show
    3. Get max participants
    4. Give people enough notice to turn up
    I expect we could start using that nice calendar that the Oberst kindly provided for our use.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. THE GRAND WORLD TOUR & LEND-LEASE 2013
    By Guntruck in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 13:48
  2. Four Grand - To the bar!
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 09:09
  3. Grand Daughters Wedding!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club