Ares Games
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strips for card decks

I understand, but I do not know F-Toys portfolio. Is there any quick overview? Do they any planes that have another than official maneuvre decks?
    May be the best solution would be creating of a big PDF contains only blank stripes with roundels for all combinations of thickness and roundels. What do you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    I understand, but I do not know F-Toys portfolio. Is there any quick overview? Do they any planes that have another than official maneuvre decks?
    May be the best solution would be creating of a big PDF contains only blank stripes with roundels for all combinations of thickness and roundels. What do you think about it?
    I have only 5 WW1 planes from their range - 3 Albatros D.III's (Goering, Richtofen & Frommherz) and 2 SPAD VII's (Guynemer & unnamed pilot from RAF 23rd Squadron). They also did Baracca's SPAD but I haven't got that one.

You can see the cards in the files section here:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...p?do=cat&id=49

OK, no problem. I will try to do them today evening.

OK, there is a PDF for F-Toys minis. Can you check it Wayne?

Unhappy

Oh, I tried upload DWG files here, but their suffix are not allowed on this site. Sorry guys.
    If anyone wants them, send me a PM with your email adress and I will send them directly to you.

OK, there is a PDF for F-Toys minis. Can you check it Wayne?

They seem perfect Daniel - I have printed them out and will fold them up and try them tonight at home.

Oh, this is unexpected, but really nice! The C Deck is the onky one that I have never had and I have reconciled with the fact that I wikk never have it. Thank you very much, this is true collegiality!

And thank you for the thickness too.
    They are in the post. I have sent them airmail so expect them about the weekend.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    They are in the post. I have sent them airmail so expect them about the weekend.
    Rob.
    Guys from Nottingham have had this spirit of giving for a long time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MichaelPraed.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	68718

Nice of you, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Guys from Nottingham have had this spirit of giving for a long time

Name:	MichaelPraed.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	68718

Nice of you, Rob.
    Hey, I saw Rob's photo - he has trimmer haircut. Are you sure with this picture, Andrzej?

Rob, thank you very much for your gift

Yeas, I'm sure, Dan Rob, stands for young Robert of Locksley, AKA Robin the Hooded man. My favorite hero of the eighties. Michael Pread was perfect, the soundtrack was amazing. I love the serious. I wonder if anybody here watched this.

Yeas, I'm sure, Dan Rob, stands for young Robert of Locksley, AKA Robin the Hooded man. My favorite hero of the eighties. Michael Pread was perfect, the soundtrack was amazing. I love the serious. I wonder if anybody here watched this.
    That really is odd because I have a distant relationship with Robin Hood.
    The statue that is.

Name:	Robin.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	68720

The cousin of my Great Grandmother who had developed and produced the first support bandage to help wounded soldiers paid for the statue to be cast.
    The most interesting thing to me though is the Ring I have which was his fathers. It was given to him by his Officer in the Boar War for pulling him out from under the fire of the enemy when he was wounded. I have a postcard of him also in uniform wearing the ring.
    The statue stands on Castle Green, and directly behind the wall to the rear of Robin some 20 yards away is the Albert Ball Memorial that you can see in my picture of the Penguin's Caproni.
    If you want to know more read on.

Cast in eight pieces of half-inch thick bronze (made to last 6,000 years) and weighing half a ton, the 7ft effigy of Nottingham's legendary outlaw proudly stood on a two-and-a-half ton block of white Clipsham stone.
    Gifted to the city by local businessman and benefactor, Philip E F Clay, the impressive figure was intended to provide something tangible for visitors to see relating to Robin Hood, Nottingham's world-famous folk hero. But even the visionary Mr Clay would be surprised at the important role the statue has played over the past 60 years.
    Philip Clay was a successful director of well-known city firms Elastic Yarns Ltd and Fine Wires Ltd and in 1949, at a cost of Ł5,000, he commissioned the respected Royal Academy sculptor, James Woodford, to design and make the Robin Hood statue, plaques and statuary.
    On completion, they were to be presented to the city to commemorate the visit of Princess Elizabeth and The Duke of Edinburgh on June 28, 1949 during the city's quincentenary celebrations.
    Mr Clay had originally wished to remain anonymous but when the time came for the unveiling in 1952, he had been talked out of trying to hide his generosity by a grateful city council and he was honoured at the ceremony by local dignitaries.

That will teach you to get me started off.

Rob.

Amazing story

My personal story with Robin Hood began with Howard Pyle's book: "Merry adventures of Robin Hood" which I read in primary school and still remember the last short poem carved (?) on his grave (?). As a teenager I was deep into the story thanks to the movie of 1985 with Pread and Connery. Walking through the Forest was my dream and obsession. Maybe some day...

Amazing story

My personal story with Robin Hood began with Howard Pyle's book: "Merry adventures of Robin Hood" which I read in primary school and still remember the last short poem carved (?) on his grave (?). As a teenager I was deep into the story thanks to the movie of 1985 with Pread and Connery. Walking through the Forest was my dream and obsession. Maybe some day...
    Andrzej. If ever you come to Nottingham, I will take you personally.
    Rob.

OK, we have a new serie and I want to ask you, if somebody measure thickness of new maneuvre decks. You should say: "Just use from the original first serie!", but I now that new cards are a little thicker than the old ones.

Please, is there anybody who can measure new maneuvre decks for Dr.I, D.Va, Camel and SPAD XIII?

Thank you

So...guys from our Wing wanted a "stand included" version of strips. I made it just for WWII - I really need some betatesting. Feel free with using this.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 03-06-2013 at 14:22.

I fixed some bugs in the files, and you can now download the corrected version. They are attached to the first post of the thread.

After long, long time I made a WWII update. There are strips for the Serie #4 (Gladiator, Fiat, Beaufigter and Me 110) now. They are attached to the first post of the thread.

Great work !!! Already downloaded all of them. Thanks for posting

Carlos, if you find any mistake, tell me about it. I want to do perfect work

Dan,
    I have used your idea, and I printed the strips using tables in MS Word. To see what I did, take a look at this post: Storage Poll.

I have adapted the strips for more than just planes, and for sleeved decks, too. Oh, and I have some of the AA Hangars with the storage under the planes, and use your strips for them, as well. Even new planes, like Barker's Camel, and the new Series 5 planes.

Thanks for making my storage solutions work so well.

Mike

Mike, it looks really, really good. If you want, I can send you an open file, but just in DWG format (AutoCAD). I am an engineer, not a graphic master I am glad you like my work. Thanks for using.

I had a free evening so I updated strips for WWI too - there are strips for planes from 6th serie. Bothe versions (with and without bases) are available in the first post of this thread. Enjoy them

I am working on a WGS update, but I have not Nakajima Ki-84 deck (Q) yet. Please, can anyone check how many cards is in Q deck?

There are 18 cards, Daniel. I've been meaning to comment here for a while that these deck strips are even more important for the fast planes, since storing the cards under the carrier is a real pain.
    Thanks again for these.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Great idea. Thanks for posting. I have to print the sheets as I may have another idea on how I might use these.

And here are the new strips for maneuvre cards without bases. Anyone can use it, because the bases have different dimensions than maneuvre cards (I will probably make a special strips for bases and plane cards only later). Please, if you find an error, tell me about it here. The link to File is in the very first post. Enjoy it
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 01-05-2014 at 16:32.

I have a terrible cold and I can not sleep so ... I did a version with bases too Or, better said, the version for bases + plane card only. Just check it, the link to Files is in the first post.

Thanks for doing these, Daniel. Two things, however... someone had asked if you had a template you could share, so individual players could create strips for repaints. Has that request gone anywhere? And second, the strip for the F-Toys RFC SPAD S.VII should be 23 Squadron, but it's 25th Squadron on the strip. Not a big thing, by any means, but I thought you'd like to know. The Brits don't use "st" "nd" "rd" or "th" after the numbers when they're describing squadrons.

Chris

Thank you for your check, Christopher
    OK, I will repair F-Toys, no problem.
    Open files are OK, but there is a big "BUT": I created the strips in AutoCAD and this format is not user friendly (and AutoCAD is not a free software). But I have not problem with sharing open files, just send me an email to dan.beranek[emailsymbol]gmail.com

No worries about the check... you did all the work, I just benefited from your labor! And, as I don't have AutoCAD, I will simply implore you to make a couple additional strips for the repaints I have... should I ever get around to finishing them!

No problem. I need only thickness of the deck, what to write and draw on the strip and if you want it with or without base. And...a little patience

Great idea Daniel. Now I can store my WGS 1/200 with more room.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thank you, Neil. You all give me an energy for continue and it is great!
    One note: I tried to glue strips for bases+plane card and I know now I need to fix it - one side is too short. Hope it will be soon.

OK, another update. WGF strips are now with 7th and reprinted 2nd series. Variant with bases are available too.
    You can find them in Files (links are in the very first post of this thread).

Thanks Daniel. Especially useful for the fast planes where you have to store the cards under the box.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Oh, you are right - there are two strips for fast planes. One for large maneuvre cards and the second for base + plane card. Enjoy it!

OK, another update. WGS strips are now with 2nd Special Pack (Lancaster & B-17F/G). Variant with bases are available too.

OK, another update. WGF strips are now with 8th Series (Fokker E.V, Hannover CL.IIIa, Macchi M.5, Nieuport 28). Variant with bases are available too.

Of course, any feedback is welcome! All mistakes you will find, please, report here

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Thanks for doing these, Daniel. Two things, however... someone had asked if you had a template you could share, so individual players could create strips for repaints. Has that request gone anywhere? And second, the strip for the F-Toys RFC SPAD S.VII should be 23 Squadron, but it's 25th Squadron on the strip. Not a big thing, by any means, but I thought you'd like to know. The Brits don't use "st" "nd" "rd" or "th" after the numbers when they're describing squadrons.

Chris
    I eddited Camel from F-Toys. The new PDF is here:

To useing "st" "nd" "rd" or "th" - I did not know about it. Pity, but now I have not energy for correcting. May be in the future... Sorry...

If there are still members interested in this project...

WGS strips are now with 6th Series (Bf.109K-4, Yokosuka D4Y1, P-47 Thunderbolt and SBD–5 Dauntless). Variant with bases are available too.

Thanks again, Daniel.
    Karl

Lightbulb

As I promised in different thread, there is an up to date version of WGF strips without bases. Please, who are using them, check the file and report me mistakes and typos.

Nice! Thanks, I will have to give theses a try!!!

Update: WWI - added damage decks from RAP as a last page.

Thank you Daniel for creating these. I use them for all of my different card decks. Will you be updating your WGS strips too?

Will you be producing blank versions with just the roundels on them that can be used for unofficial planes? I have been printing out extra sheets of your strips, and then using white-out to cover up the existing info, and then I write the new info on the strips for all of my unofficial planes. Blank strips with roundels printed on them would be really helpful.

Yes, WGS is also in my plans, I just need to collect number of cards in deck I don't own (just because wides of them are different due to number of cards there).

Blank stripes are not a problem. I can evem create a personal PDF for you. Just send me the list with roundel, type, wide and the rest what you want to have on them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. wanted: flight decks/damage decks/plane cards
    By boomerpete53 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 15:05
  2. Tactics in game and the different card decks
    By Lien Leposh in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 04:45
  3. Missing Photo card decks
    By darkwing in forum Hobby Room