Ares Games

Thread: Any plans to reprint balloons?

Default Any plans to reprint balloons?

I noticed no one seems to have the balloon set in stock and the few that do are asking way more than MSRP. Anyone know if these are on Ares radar screen for reprint?

No idea Aaron, but Keith or Andrea might have some inside information.
    Rob.

I'm sure they are, but I've not heard anything about them. If I had to guess, I think we should see them sometime between the new mats and Series 6 planes.

Afilter, this might be some useful information.

Just picked up both copies of the balloons from Funagain Games.
    Price, 47.99

Since I ordered both my shipping was free (free at 75.00).

I wanted them this weekend as my son will be here so I added an extra 11.00 to the free shipping to get 2 day air.

Tracking # says they will be here on Friday....just in time.

I have never ordered from them until know....so far so good.

They show that they still have some left. https://www.funagain.com/control/pro...duct_id=021802

Other than Funagain Games I have not found them for a reasonable price. The vendors I have looked up that still have them in stock are asking 99.99 to 150.00 for them....ridiculous.

Just had a look and they still have one Johnson and Prince in stock.
    Did not look at the other one.
    Rob.

Cant wait for the reprints ,my original ballo0n was stolen when I was at a show and I recently saw one advertised at Ł47.00 I ordered it the order was excepted then a couple of weeks later I recieved an email saying it was out of stock (posted most of this on another thread ).Later found it was still on the web site at Ł47 .but another appeared further down at Ł53. ? My daughter works near this shop so called in ,yes they had it in stock at Ł54. ? when questioned about the price on the web site they discovered it was totally out of stock. (both prices still on web site as in stock ) So roll out the new ones please and maybe the original ones will go back to sensible prices.

Richard, try www.hras.cz - they had both for aprox. 22Ł when I have been there for the last. But I do not know.if they send outside of CZ.

Thanks Daniel,they are on there but not speaking the langauge Im a bit at a lost ,just sent them a email ,hopefully they are better educated in languages than I am

If you will need, I can buy it and send it directly to you. The postage to UK for 30x30x10 cm and 750 g is about 5.5Ł. The final price would be 22.5 + 5.5 = 28Ł (+ one beer if we will ever meet ).

That would be excelent daniel if you dont mind Pm me with details of how you want payment made to you etc. I,ll buy you two beers if we meet ,

And which one do you want, Richard? I can buy it today and send tommorow. Please, PM your address.

Doublepost, sorry for it.
    (bloody mobile phone...)
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 03-07-2013 at 05:55.

The Johnson /Prince yellow onewould be great PM on way.

Quote Originally Posted by itchy View Post
    Cant wait for the reprints ,my original ballo0n was stolen when I was at a show and I recently saw one advertised at Ł47.00 I ordered it the order was excepted then a couple of weeks later I recieved an email saying it was out of stock (posted most of this on another thread ).Later found it was still on the web site at Ł47 .but another appeared further down at Ł53. ? My daughter works near this shop so called in ,yes they had it in stock at Ł54. ? when questioned about the price on the web site they discovered it was totally out of stock. (both prices still on web site as in stock ) So roll out the new ones please and maybe the original ones will go back to sensible prices.
    I understand your concern Richard since I have never ordered from funagain games but the tracking shows they are on their way.....hopefully they will arrive safely.

the trader in question was not the one you mentioned ,and I have orderd on line from other companies before and since and nothing like this has happened but I wont deal with the trader in question again . Sure funagain wont let you down and im sure you and your son will be happily gaming at the weekend .

I just bought the yellow balloon. The price was a little higher (35 CZK = aprox. 1.5Ł), hope it is OK. I will pack it today and hope send tommorow.

thats ok ,no problems thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by itchy View Post
    the trader in question was not the one you mentioned ,and I have orderd on line from other companies before and since and nothing like this has happened but I wont deal with the trader in question again . Sure funagain wont let you down and im sure you and your son will be happily gaming at the weekend .
    Agreed mate. I was just generalizing your thoughts. I know I have read a time or two on the forum that some other new players like me were having a hard time trying to find the balloons at a decent price....just sharing what I have found.

Ha, just looked to see if they had any left on the funagain games site. It appears they have increased the price to full retail of 59.99. I figure one of two things. Either folks are buying them up quick or they are down to a limited stock.

Thanks Daniel it arrived today ,be in action at the weekend

You're welcome, Richard. I am glad you have your new balloon. Hope you enjoy much fun with it
    Post some photos from your weekend missions

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I'm sure they are, but I've not heard anything about them. If I had to guess, I think we should see them sometime between the new mats and Series 6 planes.
    So, any whispers on any gas bags lately?

Might want to push that estimate back some, I would guess the new emphasis with the KS on SoG would put a crimp on the China based production for awhile. Seems to be a whole lot of demand over there.

My local store had 2 balloons (1 of each). I bought one almost a year ago. I decided to go back and look for the other since they are harder to find now. At First, I didn't see it -- I only saw a lot of the WWII Series 1 planes. Just as I was about to leave, I moved a larger box and found the balloon. It was listed at MSRP (59.99) but I went ahead and grabbed it. I find it odd that both balloons sat in the store for who knows how long until I bought them almost a year apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash331 View Post
    My local store had 2 balloons (1 of each). I bought one almost a year ago. I decided to go back and look for the other since they are harder to find now. At First, I didn't see it -- I only saw a lot of the WWII Series 1 planes. Just as I was about to leave, I moved a larger box and found the balloon. It was listed at MSRP (59.99) but I went ahead and grabbed it. I find it odd that both balloons sat in the store for who knows how long until I bought them almost a year apart.
    I took six balloon sets to Cancon in January and didn't sell one. They are still sitting in a Brisbane shop. I suppose those who want them around here already have them (I have three - British, French and German).

Funagain games is sold out of them now.

Similar Missions

1. 1/144 scale plans
    By Gallo Rojo in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 14:59
  2. Resource: Aircraft plans
    By Niclas in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 02:24
  3. Plans for WWII Storage and transportation ?
    By Redwolf in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 03:26
  4. 2 seater plans and planes
    By rockyr in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:50