Douglas Botting & the editors of Time-Life Books
    ISBN:
    0-8094-3272-2
    Category:
    History
    Format:
    Hardback
    Summary:
    Part of 'The Epic of Flight' series. The story of airships from the early 1900's to the destruction of the Hindenberg.

Chapter headings are: 1-The Count's unshakable dream. 2-Wartime missions for nocturnal monsters. 3-Probing new horizons of distance flight. 4-Touring the world on "the ship with a soul". 5-Crescendo & calamity.

Extensively illustrated with B/W photos plus coloured cutaway drawings. A very readable volume with many fascinating photos. The drawings I have attached are probably most relevant to WW1 Zep fanatics.

I don't think it is in print - I picked up my copy from a book exchange for $10AUD along with several other titles from the same series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunners-top.jpg   Gunners-engines.jpg  
    Last edited by Biggles downunder; 10-22-2012 at 13:25. Reason: Added information

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

What great pictures, Wayne! This looks like a nifty book to put on the "be on the lookout for" list - sounds like you got a great deal on it.

All the best,
    Matt

Disappearing gem alert! Windsock are offering new examples of all four Ray Rimell monographs on Zeppelins. Volume II has been unavailable for a long time but they received 6 returns from some Philistine book agent. One of those was immediately grabbed by yr hmble & obed svt, so take a look on their web site. Windsock have monographs on all manner of WWI aircraft. It's great fun just to wander about their site.

There is still one more volume in Rimell's series forthcoming. No indication when that will appear.

Ron

I will give Windsock a peek.

Similar Missions

1. GENE: Biplanes, Triplanes and Seaplanes
    By john snelling in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 20:36
  2. USS Akron and USS Macon airships
    By Attila57 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 00:55
  3. WGFE: British Airships 1905-30 (Osprey)
    By Niclas in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 06:30
  4. Cardstock Airships
    By bigk57 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 15:38
  5. Trivia Quiz #19: AIRSHIPS AT WAR
    By usmc1855 in forum Trivia Quizzes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 02:19