Ares Games

Thread: Great time at Rock Con

Default Great time at Rock Con

Today at 12:01
    Pilot: mav1624 reporting obsevations back from the Gen Con front. In my observations I saw excellent Flight instruction by crashx (Tim),Great scenarios by beer and pretzels (Mike).an impressive collection of repaints by rote flugel (Gunner),and something I see frequently happening is BBsuds (Bob), my wingman for 35 years. being the first casualty in 3 out of 4 fights. In fact it was discussed by members that a new honor should be bestowed on Bob. I am personally nominating him to be the president of the explosion club (for all of those that have a habit of being the first shot down). The love of his life(Beth), I love you to, suggested making shirts with explosions on them. This could be a great fundraiser for Bob to replace all of those planes he lost. I also want to report that my role as wingman will now be the shaker in the shake and bake. Hence I shake em and you bake em! Why you may ask? Well I can damage them, but unable to shoot them down. All joking aside, I had an awesome time and met some great people! Until we meet again, Keep em flying.

mav1624 (shaker)
    Last edited by mav1624; 10-21-2012 at 12:04.

Sounds as if you all had a great time Rick.
    Anyone got pictures for us all over which we can go green with envy?
    Rob.

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Con. I am going to Fall In in a few weeks so maybe see some folks there.

Default Rock Con

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Sounds as if you all had a great time Rick.
    Anyone got pictures for us all over which we can go green with envy?
    Rob.
    Crashx has pics. I am sure he will be posting them later.

mav1624

Quote Originally Posted by mav1624 View Post

mav1624
    Great Rick.
    Look forward to seeing them.
    Thanks.
    Rob.

Glad to hear you had such a good time!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great fun time.
    Love the idea of the "Explosion" shirts. How about having an illustration of his plane in the center of it.

Some times things happen that never occurred to me when designing that scenario. Two of the first three damage cards drawn were explosions. The Allies lost a Camel but then the Germans lose a Gotha! Probably should have stopped that game re-set and start over, but then Beth may not have had the chance to become the "Trench Wench"!

I made the event as an observer Saturday, but was grounded due to lack of time. Looked like a great scenario and awesome models. I look forward to flying some sorties in the future now that I know there is a squadron not far away.

I took several pics of the action which I will upload later as I cannot figure it out on my tablet.

All I can say is "what a wonderful group of pilots we had this weekend"!!! I got to fly with old friends, and make a bunch of new ones!!! We had a "GREAT CON"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mav1624 View Post

mav1624
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0730.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	63417

Bob (BBSuds) and Beth

Name:	100_0731.jpg 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	63418

Joe and Rick (Mav 1624)

Name:	100_0733.jpg 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	63419

Michael (Beer and Pretzels) running a session

Name:	100_0752.jpg 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	63420

Picture this!!! Beth with her Albatross running from my Spad and yes, three Breguets after destroying four trenches!!! She gave me the slip twice, so I guess it is back to flight school for me!!!

Beth and I (Gotha,1 shot-Boom!!) had a great time with everyone and we made some new friends. Just so everyone knows, that was my 1st flight in the Gotha. I could smell fuel once in flight, but I didn't want to scratch the mission. Anyone know how to get Trench Wench to stop making the explosion sound?! Looking forward to getting together again with everyone.

it was indeed a resounding and explosive time.. had a great weekend with you all.. haven't had that much fun in a long time.. I will try to upload a few pictures I took as well.. soon.. lol
    We will all have to meet up in Madison before christmas and get a weekend worth of games in.. you all are 'Aces' in my book..

Nice pictures.

I'm glad you had a good time at the Rock Con, guys. (flight diplomas included)

Great to see the pics and so good to hear from the participants about what a blast you all had.
    If only the pond were a bit narrower!
    Rob.

Looks like fun had by all. Great photos and stories.

Thomas

Looks like you all had fun; and Gothas continue to live up to their rep as explosion cand magnets
    Hey: any new recruits out of the con?
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    She gave me the slip twice,
    How could she do that while wearing a flight suit? ;)

Nice pics of all involved. Glad all had a good time as that is what matters.

Thumbs up

Great photos All! Nice to see faces to add to the names.

Rock on Rock Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    Some times things happen that never occurred to me when designing that scenario. Two of the first three damage cards drawn were explosions. The Allies lost a Camel but then the Germans lose a Gotha! Probably should have stopped that game re-set and start over, but then Beth may not have had the chance to become the "Trench Wench"!
    Mike. she was a beast that was difficult to catch. Thats the advantage she has we cant figure out what a women will do next. Good job Beth keeping us guessing.

Name:	100_0730.jpg 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	63417

Bob (BBSuds) and Beth

Name:	100_0731.jpg 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	63418

Crashx, Thanks for showing my good side. Especially my balding spot.
    Joe and Rick (Mav 1624)

Name:	100_0733.jpg 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	63419

Michael (Beer and Pretzels) running a session

Name:	100_0752.jpg 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	63420

Picture this!!! Beth with her Albatross running from my Spad and yes, three Breguets after destroying four trenches!!! She gave me the slip twice, so I guess it is back to flight school for me!!!

All of my photos from Rock-Con are now posted in my photo album. I'll give you a fun to see though!!! Me flying a Spad "on the edge"!!!

Name:	100_0747.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	63508

I usually wear a toupee, aka baseball cap, that way few people see my bald spot.

Great pix, Tim! Seeing them made me want to do it again. Also, I felt bad seeing BBSuds get shot down so often but re-considering, its nice to see a Green Bay Packer fan go down in flames!

Come on Detroit, my favorite team this week. Next week my favorite team will be who ever is playing duh? BEARS!!

Posted my pix from Rock-Con. Only 7. they are on my profile. Go Bears!

Great pix Mike and Tim. Had a great time at Rock-Con. We need to set something up before x-mas. Date, time & place?

Looks like you had a great time - nice to have faces to go with names too !

Bob, and anybody else for that matter. I do have one more day already scheduled for games. Friday, Nov. 23. The day after Thanksgiving. I have hosted a game day at the crib on Thanksgiving Friday for the last several years and we typically start early and go late. If you can make it you're welcome. This should give you guys overseas plenty of time to make your travel arrangements. Lodging (well, crash space) can be arranged. Except for Australians, you'll have to get a room. Mainly because I like my liquor supply, but i don't want it drained all at the same time!

I usually wear a toupee, aka baseball cap, that way few people see my bald spot.
    Mike, I wasnt expecting an overview shot of my scalp. Next time I will be prepared for those sneak attacks.

Great pix, Tim! Seeing them made me want to do it again. Also, I felt bad seeing BBSuds get shot down so often but re-considering, its nice to see a Green Bay Packer fan go down in flames!
    Damn Bob, first your plane, then your team. Is there no end to the pain.

Bob, and anybody else for that matter. I do have one more day already scheduled for games. Friday, Nov. 23. The day after Thanksgiving. I have hosted a game day at the crib on Thanksgiving Friday for the last several years and we typically start early and go late. If you can make it you're welcome. This should give you guys overseas plenty of time to make your travel arrangements. Lodging (well, crash space) can be arranged. Except for Australians, you'll have to get a room. Mainly because I like my liquor supply, but i don't want it drained all at the same time!
    Mike it sounds good only if I am on opposite side of Bob. I need to increase my total kills and since everyone else is getting some I figure shooting down Bob is the easiest way to get my numbers up!

Now, now, let's play nice!!! That Friday is a work day for me, sorry!!! I will shake my calendar and see if I can open up some days. If we can work it out to all get together now and then, maybe you guys and gals would be interested in doing a campaign!!! Hmmmmm!!!??

Mike that Friday 11-23 is no good for me, I have to work till 9pm. Most Sat. are good for Beth and myself and Sun. are good for me but not her.

at this point, I could host on Sat. 11/3. I am occupied on 11/10 and maybe even 11/17. Her Majesty would probably object if I told her I was planning on gaming 11/23 and 11/24.

Smile

If you can make it you're welcome. This should give you guys overseas plenty of time to make your travel arrangements. Lodging (well, crash space) can be arranged. Except for Australians, you'll have to get a room. Mainly because I like my liquor supply, but i don't want it drained all at the same time!

Just wanted to tell you guys thanks again for putting on the games at Rock-Con. I had a great time! Looking forward to meeting up again.

at this point, I could host on Sat. 11/3. I am occupied on 11/10 and maybe even 11/17. Her Majesty would probably object if I told her I was planning on gaming 11/23 and 11/24.
    Mike we won't be able to make it on 11/3. Maybe early December or after the holidays.

Now, now, let's play nice!!! That Friday is a work day for me, sorry!!! I will shake my calendar and see if I can open up some days. If we can work it out to all get together now and then, maybe you guys and gals would be interested in doing a campaign!!! Hmmmmm!!!??
    This is an idea could get behind Tim.. let's flesh out some ideas soon.. oh.. and I started that repaint today on the DVII.. gonna do a lot of 3 this time.. I have a shapeways DVII and a Dr1.. so there will be three with a similar color, but as you have seen in my other two DVIIs the paint scheme will be unique..

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: Rock-Con
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 21:40
  2. Illinois: Rock-Con 2012 Game Convention
    By crashx in forum US Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 10:57
  3. Rock CON Coming Nov 4-6
    By rote Flügel in forum US Wing
    Replies: 30