Ares Games

Thread: ToonCon - Saskatoon, SK

Default ToonCon - Saskatoon, SK

Hey everyone,

This past weekend I had a great time attending ToonCon in Saskatoon, Sk.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to take any pictures, but we had 10 participants for an impromptu Wings of Glory WWI dogfight. We all used the new series planes which were some of the earliest war models (Series V).

My goal was to run two dogfights with the leading ace and the first person taken out on each side to upgrade to a Series I plane. We ran out of time, however, as many players had to move into their previously scheduled events. In the end there was one single Entente plane facing two Huns.

I am pretty sure it created a bit of buzz... I would expect a few players from Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg to be getting involved soon.

Cheers,
    Michael

Users Country Flag

Name
    Cas
    Sorties Flown

Default Has there been any activity in recent years in Saskatoon? Any contact info?

Quote Originally Posted by celticgriffon View Post
    Hey everyone,

This past weekend I had a great time attending ToonCon in Saskatoon, Sk.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to take any pictures, but we had 10 participants for an impromptu Wings of Glory WWI dogfight. We all used the new series planes which were some of the earliest war models (Series V).

My goal was to run two dogfights with the leading ace and the first person taken out on each side to upgrade to a Series I plane. We ran out of time, however, as many players had to move into their previously scheduled events. In the end there was one single Entente plane facing two Huns.

I am pretty sure it created a bit of buzz... I would expect a few players from Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg to be getting involved soon.

Cheers,
    Michael

Great way to open some eyes and get others involved. Sounds like you had a good time to boot.

Cas,
    Welcome to the Forum! I have been putting off updating the list of Canadian Forum Members, but as far as activity in Saskatchewan, not a lot in the last few years.

Even I haven't been running any local games out here on Vancouver Island, despite getting double shot with 5G chips.

The latest version of the list was from 2019, and this was the Saskatchewan portion at that time (I will have to add you, now):

New members since September 2019 are in Bold, changes to information are also Bold
    Members that are no longer Forum Members are Grey

Saskatchewan

Regina
    User Name Province City Join Date Last Visit Sorties
    Andrewm12ca Saskatchewan Regina 03-21-2011 04-09-2011 0
    Bixby Saskatchewan Regina 09-29-2009 02-06-2014 287
    celticgriffon Saskatchewan Regina 08-27-2012 06-20-2017 339
    Desalaberry Saskatchewan Regina 03-15-2015 07-18-2015 0
    Jed Saskatchewan Regina 12-23-2010 01-08-2012 0
    Kurt Mueller Saskatchewan Regina 03-20-2011 06-05-2011 0
    Bob Newis Saskatchewan Regina 12-08-2010 12-12-2010 0
    LazyEyedPsycho (Now listed in Winnipeg, MB)

Saskatoon
    frogparts Saskatchewan Saskatoon 07-16-2011 09-22-2012 0
    kirkl Saskatchewan Saskatoon 01-12-2019 01-12-2019 0
    Skyboy Saskatchewan Saskatoon 01-27-2011 08-25-2011 0

Somewhere in Saskatchewan
    Hynz15 Saskatchewan Macklin 06-19-2017 06-23-2017 0
    SpiritYossarian Saskatchewan Not provided 12-18-2015 03-10-2016 0
    PS: Oh! Wait! You are on that list, but grey! Welcome back!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59