Ares Games

Thread: More of my Hurricanes!

Default More of my Hurricanes!

Hi All,

I thought I would post some pix of a couple of Hurricane 1 aircraft I completed a couple of weeks ago. I have had them sitting around in their boxes literally for years. I noticed that these models are back in current release.

They are Revell "Mini" 1/144.

They are painted in Standard Humbrol enamel colours: H23 - Duck Egg Blue, H29 - Dark Earth, H30 - Dark Green. The canopy lines and other details are painted in various acylics as I find that I have better control of them.

The National wing roundels are the originals from the kit. The original fuselage markings I found too grey and I did like them so I replaced them with some Sweet spare decals:

JX-B is Flt Officer Arthur Clowes of #1 Squadron based at Witterling in 1940

DT-A is Squadron Leader Stanford Tuck of #257 Squadron based at North Weald in 1940.

More Hurricanes posted soon as I need the reinforcements!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hurricane revell 1.jpg   hurricane revell 5.jpg   hurricane revell 4.jpg   hurricane revell 3.jpg   hurricane revell 2.jpg  

Looking sharp.

Nice planes. Could you post a picture of them together with original 1/200 minis just to compare the sizes, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Nice planes. Could you post a picture of them together with original 1/200 minis just to compare the sizes, please?

Funnily enough, yes I can!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails revell 0000000.jpg   revell 00001.jpg  

Box-Art
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails revell hurricane.jpg  

Nigel

Nice work ! The Revell kits like their Arii cousins can be a challenge to build. They look good!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Nigel

Nice work ! The Revell kits like their Arii cousins can be a challenge to build. They look good!

Rich
    One of them, either these or my Arii desert hurricanes caused me a few problems, but I cannot remember which. I still have a couple of kits of each brand left over - there might be one or two Lend Lease ones to the Soviets in the future!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 07:38
  2. 144 scale Claude`s , Buffalow`s and Hurricanes of My!
    By richard m schwab in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 14:59
  3. Oscars fighting Hurricanes
    By CappyTom in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 16:36