Ares Games

Thread: Memories of Early Days...

Default Memories of Early Days...

Just found these old pics from Enfilade 2011, back when I was still a wet-behind-the-ears young whelp, and as I think about years in the rearview mirror and our friends who've either fallen or drifted out of the formation, I thought I'd share these--if memory serves this was our "Balloon Football" game or something similar. No idea who's who in any of these, though.

Conepipe, James Denberger, pflanzer, all the rest of the NHMGS crew and the Washington and Oregon Squadrons, this one's for you, and if anyone else out there has similar nostalgia trips the thread is yours to share them.
    Name:  Enfilade 2011 011.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  53.0 KB
    Name:  Enfilade 2011 012.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  92.1 KB
    Name:  Enfilade 2011 013.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  71.8 KB
    Name:  Enfilade 2011 014.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  70.4 KB
    Name:  Enfilade 2011 015.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  76.5 KB

That flaming aircraft carrier is from a War at Sea event fighting Midway the same weekend, no idea how it snuck in here.
    Attached Images  
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

That blazing carrier looks spectacular.

Carrier is WOTC War at Sea USS Enterprise, I think the smoke and flames were Gale Force Nine.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Wing Commander Hedeby will love that carrier one!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

looks entertaining. pics like this is why i always try to get pics of everyone participating. i figure everyone likes seeing themselves having fun.

Similar Missions

1. AAR OTT The early days Mission 4 We are done!(Verdun)
    By tikkifriend in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 16:30
  2. The Early Days of Flight - in 1/72
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 10:45
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 02:05
  4. Naval Aviation in the early days
    By wargamer in forum Polls
    Replies: 8