Ares Games

Thread: Ares WWI Dual Pack and Series 1 Re-release Pics

Default Ares WWI Dual Pack and Series 1 Re-release Pics

The Ares website is now updated with information about the WWI Duel Pack and new Airplane Packs - Spad XIII, Sopwith Camel, Albatros D.Va and Fokker DR.I!

http://www.aresgames.eu/5293

WWI Duel Pack Link:

http://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-wi...lory-duel-pack

Duel Pack Pictures:

WWI Airplane Pack Link:

http://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-wi...airplane-packs

Airplane Pack Pictures (only one pic for each currently posted):

Nice. I was hoping that they'd get around to producing those planes someday, but never did I expect to see them so soon.

Yes John.
    They are actually beginning to get moving on this now.
    It does bode well for the future of our beloved game.
    Now when a potential new player asks what is available we can actually point him to the new stock.
    Rob.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Nice to see those particular models back as they always were the best paintjobs of all the ones Nexus ever did and the only way you could get them was to by the revised Delux set or pay rediculous prices on EBay.
    Those new duel packs look like a good first by for new players along with the basic rules set.

When I started playing WoW I got a German and a British plane as I want one of each so I could play on either side. I have known other players do the same thing. now 3 years later I still find new players wanting to do the same thing. Based on my experience I think these will sell well

Very good to see this out. I won't buy any myself (having multiple RDSs), but it's a great way to introduce the minis to new players, so we can grow.
    Karl

I've got those four already,but they could be re-painted...

WANT!

that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryl Nantus View Post
    WANT!

that is all.

Get.

All.

Rob.

I admire a man (and a woman) of few words, which carry so much meaning
    Karl

After I get my 1st preorder (WWII Bombers) these ar next and can't wait for them also. Thnaks for the pics.

Is the Red Baron plane the second WoW version with red and green? It looks like it.

I was hoping for the all red version since I have the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by hatfieldsinal View Post
    Is the Red Baron plane the second WoW version with red and green? It looks like it.

I was hoping for the all red version since I have the second one.
    I don't think so - I think the planes will be different. If you go to the Ares site, they use the pictures of the planes from the Duel Packs for the re-release aircraft pictures.

Patiently waiting for pics of the repaints...

The all red will be in the individual airplane packs. The duel pack will feature the half green, half red one.

Please please please get these in the UK by Christmas.

I'm thinking one for the Godson, one for each of the younger son's mates.....now if you could do a pink one for my daughter and a gold/sparkly one for the wife I wouldn't need to to do any more shopping at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    Please please please get these in the UK by Christmas.

I'm thinking one for the Godson, one for each of the younger son's mates.....now if you could do a pink one for my daughter and a gold/sparkly one for the wife I wouldn't need to to do any more shopping at all.
    Could be a busy time for us all and an expensive one Dave.
    I am going to need seven of the reprints that I don't have, plus four Camels and a Spad for repaints outstanding, plus the mats, plus the pegs. Then as you say, there are Christmas presents for all and sundry.
    Rob.

I have ordered the dual pack for my grandson he may be a bit young for them now (he is only 2 weeks old) but I will just keep them for when he is older

What about material of the planes? Will be made from metal like first series or from plastic? Does anybody know?

That's a good question. As much as I like the Series 5 planes, I found the quality to be below that of the previous planes. I hope the repaints of Series One are on a par with the originals.

I don't KNOW, but I can't imagine that they would be made of a different material than the current planes.

They should have metal fuselages and plastic wings, as the WoW ones. I guess.

Name:  11d.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  91.6 KB

That would be in line with what series five are.

Rob.

Confirmed by Ares. Both WoW and Wings of Glory planes all have a metal fuselage and plastic for the rest.
    I find it smart that radio antennas of WW2 planes are soft - so they do not break if the plane falls head down on the table.

Thanks for the follow up Andrea, great support as always.

How much would it cost to get minis unassembled and unpainted? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I have ordered the dual pack for my grandson he may be a bit young for them now (he is only 2 weeks old) but I will just keep them for when he is older
    Alastair - now that is forward thinking!!! Good on you... haha

Michael

The way that some of the earlier planes have become collectors' items may mean that it will become a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    How much would it cost to get minis unassembled and unpainted?
    hmm, how much would it cost you to go to china, find the factory, chat up the workers, bribe them and get them to bring the right parts to you?

Please remember that Ares, and Nexus before them, contracts for a finished product to a specific requirement. They probably went for low bid consistent with the requirement of the product. Any items like you want would mean the factory loses out on finished product it gets paid for. So, there isn't much room for profit in your request at any level of the production to store levels. The price at the end is the same, but the confusion on the sales floor probably isn't going to be worth it when customers start protesting that the fully finished model costs exactly the same as the kit project you want.

Thank you for your answer Andrea. It is a good news.

Similar Missions

1. WGF & WGS: Ares release update!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 06:34
  2. WGF: Dual Packs and Series 1 repaint on pre-order at 12-07 Games.
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 14:00
  3. WGF: Ares to release a new Rules and Accessories pack
    By jbmacek in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 06:00
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 11:44
  5. WGS: WGS planes, NOT Series 3 (Ares release info)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 15:15