Ares Games

Thread: Dual Packs and Series 1 repaint on pre-order at 12-07 Games.

Default Dual Packs and Series 1 repaint on pre-order at 12-07 Games.

The Duel Packs are priced at $19.40 (Retail $29.90) and the singles are $9.00 (Retail $13.90). The Release Date is set for November.

Support our site sponsor and save your self some cash too, place your pre-order today!

That's good news

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    That's good news
    Not for the bank account!

A few things I couldn't see on their website: a) do they ship to canada and b) do they charge your cc immediately or only when the order is ready?

Cheers,
    Michael

On the Ares website it says that the new Seres 1 'reprint' planes will have a 'variable altitude flying stand'. I wonder what that means? (Gimbal mounts?)

Quote Originally Posted by celticgriffon View Post
    A few things I couldn't see on their website: a) do they ship to canada and b) do they charge your cc immediately or only when the order is ready?

Cheers,
    Michael
    A: Yes
    B: Immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    On the Ares website it says that the new Seres 1 'reprint' planes will have a 'variable altitude flying stand'. I wonder what that means? (Gimbal mounts?)
    Humm, will have to check that out more when I get home and can hit there site.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I bet it means a stand with four pegs with which you can vary its altitude.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

I've noticed the MvR Dr1 is listed as 425/17. This is the one he was shot down in and the national markings were not on white fields (as the original WoW model). Only the rudder was later repainted white. Does this mean we'll be getting a revised, as possibly more accurate MvR than the original model (the scheme on this is possibly not accurate). If so I'm hoping it'll be in the April 1918 scheme and have the Balkenkreuze. This would give us three different MvR Dr1s.

I also wonder if the Rickenbacker colours will be better than the original that I sense never sold that well.

There were no color/marking changes made to MvR's Dr.I or Eddie's SPAD. The Dr.Is did get their rudder shape updated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    The Duel Packs are priced at $19.40 (Retail $29.90) and the singles are $9.00 (Retail $13.90). The Release Date is set for November.

Support our site sponsor and save your self some cash too, place your pre-order today!

Done! I couldn't resist at that price.

Sorry Dom S, but just when will these 'planes (and I mean Series V at the moment) appear at normal retail in the UK?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

As usual that's a "no idea" and "I'm sick of that answer".... Safe to say Series 5 will be the end of the line for me - given that the 1/144 decals are a royal PITA to produce compared to my other lines, I suspect the new year will see me clear out stock and axe the lot to be honest; will see how the next few months go, but it's increasingly hard to escape the conclusion that it just isn't worth the grief - real life provides me far more than enough hassle these days without adding to it....

Dom, signing out....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    given that the 1/144 decals are a royal PITA to produce compared to my other lines
    A design issue, or a manufacturing issue? Or a sales issue?

Design I may be able to help with.

The sheer quality of your manufacturing is something an amateur like me can never hope to match. But if it's the artwork... that I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by deephorse View Post
    Sorry Dom S, but just when will these 'planes (and I mean Series V at the moment) appear at normal retail in the UK?
    For what I heard, Series 5 got in a bad loop of timing problems between Esvedium order and the closing of the Italian warehouse. With the strange effect that the Rules & Accessories pack is already in the 3rd of September Esdevium newsletter, while the Series 5 (released everywhere before the pack) will have to follow.

Really sorry for that. And for Dom. I really hope that such a thing it will never happen again.

Ok, me being lazy here...but I have all the WoW planes already..which ones should I buy that have a new paint scheme? I really do not want doubles of the same paint scheme
    Last edited by PANdemonium; 09-13-2012 at 09:30.

Easy answer.
    Avoid duel packs and all A-coded airplane packs (i.e. WW1-103A).
    Take all B coded packs but the B coded Camel (WW1-102B - Ellwood).
    Take all C airplane coded packs.

So you will get the new 7 color schemes and avoid the 5 old ones.

Will they still use the same maneuver decks as before? (If not I may need to get more than the 7.)

No, they just use the same as the old ones.

In WGS I actually changed a few decks from the ones that appeared in the card-only version of WoW: DH2, Halberstadt D.III, E.III and Morane Saulnier N. Maybe one or two more could change. But those miniature will just keep the same ones, so all your previous boughts will be 100% good to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    No, they just use the same as the old ones.

In WGS I actually changed a few decks from the ones that appeared in the card-only version of WoW: DH2, Halberstadt D.III, E.III and Morane Saulnier N. Maybe one or two more could change. But those miniature will just keep the same ones, so all your previous boughts will be 100% good to play.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

As usual that's a "no idea" and "I'm sick of that answer".... Safe to say Series 5 will be the end of the line for me - given that the 1/144 decals are a royal PITA to produce compared to my other lines, I suspect the new year will see me clear out stock and axe the lot to be honest; will see how the next few months go, but it's increasingly hard to escape the conclusion that it just isn't worth the grief - real life provides me far more than enough hassle these days without adding to it....

Dom, signing out....
    Really sorry to hear that Dom, but I can really see the reasoning behind it.
    However, if Ares get over these teething problems things must improve.
    I hope that you will give it a bit longer before you shut up that part of youe enterprise.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for the replies folks, especially Andrea - appreciated. As Murphy's Law of course dictates, having lost all patience yesterday, Esdevium have this afternoon confirmed that the models have finally arrived and will be shipping Monday, getting to me and other UK retailers on Tuesday, so there's at least some good news. The downside is that the price has crept up by another quid, for Ł11.99 rrp, which is getting painful.... I'll be sticking to my customary 10% off, and for those who pre-ordered will stick with the 10% off Ł10.99 that I'd thought was likely, but barring those few pre-orders we're now at the wrong side of a tenner, which is an awkward psychological breakpoint....

As for the decals, thanks for the thought Zoe, but production is indeed the main hassle; far too many things with narrow white borders; awkward where German stuff's concerned, a nightmare when it's British, due to the sheer number of print layers that have to be in at least near-perfect alignment. Design's only an issue on the squadron sheets, where research and example models all add up, and sales are similar - those need to sell quite a few to justify the effort and pay for books and example models, but for the rest of the range sales figures aren't terribly important; indeed I tend to swear quite a lot when I get an order for several sheets of 144-GB-1; when you're hoping people *won't* buy a product, you've definitely gone wrong somewhere.... On the plus side, this might at least encourage me to finish off a few half-done bits and pieces that have been in limbo since forever....

Dom.
    Last edited by Dom S; 09-14-2012 at 08:15.

indeed I tend to swear quite a lot when I get an order for several sheets of 144-GB-1;
    Dom.
    Swear less by upping the price. even if doubled they are worth it! I'd still get some.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Madboyo View Post
    Swear less by upping the price. even if doubled they are worth it! I'd still get some.
    I agree. I'd rather pay more and see you motivated to want to do more than think it's just not worth it. The special squadron sheets: you could easily add another Ł1 and nobody would care, even Ł2 and they would still sell as there I so little of that ilk available to us. Those you've mentioned to us like Jasta 40 would be great – when the supply of DVII starts up again.

I totally endorse what the chaps are saying Dom.
    You supply what no one else has on the market place.
    Rob.

Please give us plenty of notice if you do decide to shut up shop Dom, I'll need to get 10 years worth of orders in to you before you stop

Dom - do you have a link to the items you offer for WWI stuff? I am kind of new to these forums and would love to see what you are creating!!

Thanks,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    I agree. I'd rather pay more and see you motivated to want to do more than think it's just not worth it. The special squadron sheets: you could easily add another Ł1 and nobody would care, even Ł2 and they would still sell as there I so little of that ilk available to us. Those you've mentioned to us like Jasta 40 would be great – when the supply of DVII starts up again.
    Bought from you before and will again - JASTA 40! oh yeah (I would pay more for your great work)

Just send in my per order! Nov. can't come fast enogh!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Thanks chaps; will give it some thought over the next month or three....

Dom.

PS - Michael, it's www.domsdecals.com

Thanks for the link Dom - I will check it out when i get home this weekend.

Michael

Easy answer.

Thanks very much. Pre-order made.

Easy answer.

Thanks Andrea.
    That confirms what I thought. I will use your advice when I order.
    Rob.

I have my preorder for the WWII bombers (and 3 series 5 planes) so once I get them the credit card will take a hit for the next bunch.

So, how many aircraft are really getting upgrades and improvements? And why was changing tooling easier than correcting paint?

BTW, guys, the ID as 425/17 may have been mine... I've been trying to find data on all the tripes MvR flew, and 425 was the only one I had found that was all red--and it may have gone through a couple repaints before the final Balkankreuz. (Ditto 152/17 on the red-and-green; it was one of his first few, and was known to have worn a scheme similar to the mini, but there may have been others.)

Any news on the date when the bombers will be released? I want to get them so I can order the other one for Nov.

Similar Missions

1. Desert Dual
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Contests
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 04:01
  2. Shapeway's or 12-7-games order
    By Greywolf in forum New Zealand Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 21:32
  3. WGF My local games store has received more WGF Bombers and series three two seaters!
    By James Denberger in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 16:32
  4. Replies: 160
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 14:14
  5. Dual Mission
    By kombofink in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 08:31