Ares Games

Thread: WGFE: German Seaplane Fighters of WWI (Aeronaut)

Default WGFE: German Seaplane Fighters of WWI (Aeronaut)

Book Title:
    German Seaplane Fighters of WWI
    Author:
    Jack Herris
    ISBN:
    Category:
    Reference
    Format:
    Paperback
    Summary:
    Second in the Great War Aviation Centennial Series from Aeronaut, and available both as an eBook from them and a Print On Demand (POD) from Amazon. In 150pp 'this book describes and illustrates the development of German Navy seaplane fighters in WWI with text, 233 rare, contemporary photos, 27 colour profiles, 1/48 scale drawings of 8 aircraft and tables of information including productoin quantities and serial numbers of aircraft and their technical specifications. Teh origins and evolution of each subclass of naval fighter, including single-seat floatplanes, single-seat flying boats, two-seat biplanes and two-seat monoplanes are discussed in chapters for each class. German naval fighter production and procurement strategies are discussed in eth context of the Germman strategic situation.'

Starting with a brief introduction that also explains the various German Naval Aircraft categories and the Friedrichshafen FF33L as the progenitor, Herris then steps through each aircraft, from the well-known Albatros W4 whcih gets 7 pages to the obscure L.T.G. FD1 with a single page. The GAs are by Colin Owers and Marty Digmayer, and the colour profiles by Bob Pearson.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Herris.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	283767
    Last edited by Guntruck; 03-18-2020 at 10:47.

Nice job! I just received a copy of this book from Amazon and it lives up to your review. A must have for persons interested in the naval floatplanes.

Default German Seaplanes of WW I

Book Title:
    German Seaplanes of WW I
    Author:
    Jack Herris
    ISBN:
    Category:
    History
    Format:
    Paperback
    Summary:
    Just bought this book the other day. It covers a number of Hansa Brandenburg seaplanes, Albatros, FF series among others. It is 150 pages which have over 200 photos of the planes, 27 color profiles and 25 pages of line drawings (1/48 scale) of different planes. There is much information about each plane. They cost a bit but to me worth the price. This one is $29.95 and others from this company cost up to $49.95. I have never heard of this company before, AERONAUTBOOKS, but find this to be a great buy. I am sure I will be getting a few more of these books.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img126.jpg  

Thank you for the 'heads up' about this book, Baldrick and Bob.

Similar Missions

1. WGFE: Development of German Warplanes in WWI (Aeronaut)
    By Baldrick62 in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2018, 18:26
  2. WGFE: Fighters, Attack and Training Aircraft 1914-19
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 00:34
  3. WGFE: German Armored Warplanes of WWI (Aeronaut)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 17:50
  4. WGFE: Nachtflugzeug! German N-Types of WWI (Aeronaut)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 08:47
  5. WGFE: Fokker Fighters of World War One (A&A)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 15:11